What a Wicked Episode.

Last nights episode of the clone wars was freaking sweet. Especially the Anakin, Ahsoka, and Rex charge at the end of the episode. It really had a fullscale battle feel to it! Once again season two shows me again that it can be a sweet tv show.

I've been waiting for an episode where the Republic doesn't get an easy win. They got trashed!

Quotes: "A Commander who would send untested troops against a man such as Kano is indeed foolish--But to also defy me, he'd have to have a Death Wish!" -Carnor Jax to General Wessel "Yub,yub Commander" -Wes Janson after pulling yet another ridiculous Ewok prank on Wedge Antilles "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!", -Admiral Ackbar, CEO of Admiral Ackbar's cereal and fishsticks And some movie quotes! "Half of everything is luck James." "And the other half?" "Fate" -Sean Bean to Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye "Did you bring a horse for me?" (three gunslingers laugh) "Well it seems we're one horse short." "No. you brought two horses too many." -Charles Bronson in Once Upon A Time in The West

What's the name of the episode?

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...

What's the name of the episode?

"Landing at Point Rain".

had an epic feel, and not unlike the ferocity in Band of brothers and Saving Private Ryan (not as gory, but as frenetic).

Right up there with "Rookies" for me.

Photobucket

Season 2 is far surpassing my expectations. I expect we will finally get a new Ki-Adi-Mundi now.

Quote from Emporerdragon: And I'd consider comparing it to the voxyn a poor comparison. The voxyn was a 1-beast army capable of reducing entire squads to ruin without breaking a single drop of acidic sweat. The box is a ****ing box. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Everyone else has a lightsaber, but i made a saberstaff. ==========================>IIIIIIIIYYYYIIIIIIII(========================== My sig was way better before the dark times... before the BETA.

Season 2 is far surpassing my expectations. I expect we will finally get a new Ki-Adi-Mundi now.

Hopefully, though we have yet to see a new Plo Koon, so I'm not holding my breath...

I've got to say, I was almost shocked when the char-broiled the "bugs" on this episode. I'm glad they're actually able to do something like that as normally I think that probably would've been considered "too violent" for a kids show. What makes me think this, is there is a scene that was cut from the theatrical release of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe where a phoenix burns the opposing army, because it would've taken the rating to PG-13 and they wanted it PG for that movie.

I especially enjoyed it also. Clones get vaped by sonic blasters, clones use flamethrowers (woot!), and bugs give the clones an aerial view of Geonosis. Smile

The Force is like duct tape. It has a light side, a dark side, and it BINDS the galaxy together!

Very good episode. Best part is kowing this was part one of a four part story arc!

Good M:TG trades with m00se, jakeh

Very good episode. Best part is kowing this was part one of a four part story arc!

Retaking the planet is going to be a lot tougher

Indeed.  This episode really showed what the clone wars are all about.  Even though this season is only five episodes in, it has already overshawdowed the first in my eyes. 

For those of us who missed it, where do you usually go to watch these episodes online?  Does LFL or Cartoon Network allow it, or even have such things available somewhere on their websites?

I think http://starwars.com/ usually has new episodes on their site the monday after their airing...

Retaking the planet is going to be a lot tougher

What I want to know is who let the Seps back on Geonosis!

For those of us who missed it, where do you usually go to watch these episodes online?  Does LFL or Cartoon Network allow it, or even have such things available somewhere on their websites?

I know, right?  I used to be able to find them all on Youtube.  What happened?  One day they were there, the next, they weren't!

Considering it's the homeworld of Poggle and the Geonosians, did the Seps ever really leave?

I think http://starwars.com/ usually has new episodes on their site the monday after their airing...

Thanks!  I'll have to take a look over there.

Considering it's the homeworld of Poggle and the Geonosians, did the Seps ever really leave?

That's a fine question.

And yes this was by far a intense and phenomenal episode.  It was just ridiculous.  It made the landing on Teth, or the Christoph battle in the movie look tame

Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."

I know lots of people don't want more clones, but there were some clone variants in this episode that I would enjoy seeing as minis. 

I also agree with the sentiments that this was an intense episode.  I hope we have more that are more combat oriented.

BTW, someone has requested that this thread get moved to the Tosche Station forum, so we may have to look over there to continue this conversation.  

IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL

It this point, the "clones", are all so different, they can hardly be called clones anymore

Quotes: "A Commander who would send untested troops against a man such as Kano is indeed foolish--But to also defy me, he'd have to have a Death Wish!" -Carnor Jax to General Wessel "Yub,yub Commander" -Wes Janson after pulling yet another ridiculous Ewok prank on Wedge Antilles "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!", -Admiral Ackbar, CEO of Admiral Ackbar's cereal and fishsticks And some movie quotes! "Half of everything is luck James." "And the other half?" "Fate" -Sean Bean to Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye "Did you bring a horse for me?" (three gunslingers laugh) "Well it seems we're one horse short." "No. you brought two horses too many." -Charles Bronson in Once Upon A Time in The West

I just wish the minis version of the Geonosians would fight like the cartoon versions. Bring me CE's!!!!!!!!!

I just wish the minis version of the Geonosians would fight like the cartoon versions. Bring me CE's!!!!!!!!!

Brotha...

There were a few Geonosians such as the Geonosian Speeder bike that I would love to see made as minis.

I'd like to see the geonosian soldiers get dusted off and put to use too.  How about a commander effect to make their sonic gun more effective against force users?  I'd like to see their shot affect jedi until the end of the round, not just the end of the turn!

i agree, great episode.

"65"

"excuse me?"

"i got 65, what do i win"

"my unending respect and admiration"

awesome.

Imaqgine:

Cheap clones with flamethrowers + Captain Tarpals

Wow.  What a fun episode!  They are really improving their animation episode to episode.  There is so much happening on screen you really do get lost in the battle.

I really hope that Wizards brings in more Geonosians to the game due to this story arc, they actually seemed dangerous and viscious in the fight scenes.

If you did miss the episode, you can watch it here...

That. was. such. an awesome episode! More clone variants, please! A Captain Jet would be great! :D I'm real glad the series is slowly showing more Jedi in the fray; it gives the series a more all-encompassing feel to the Clone Wars, almost as great as the Clone Wars comics/graphic novels.

I was saying many of the things while watching the episode.

I think this episode is making my "other" look at Clone Wars with kinder eyes. (She "hates" the whole thing based on the Battle Droid "comedy")

Am I the only one who caught the part where Anakin slices a Geo right out of the sky in full cinematic view???

Great ep. Some of the angles for the scenes were sweet. Many of the shots made me feel "part" of the battle just like the opening sequences of "the movie".

I htought this was a great episode, defiently a much darker Season 2 and less "kiddie"

Pretty non-stop and intense.  Looking forward to the rest of the story arc.  I really liked the "dusty" effect through most of the battle rather than crisp animated lines to feel like you're in it.  They did run little disclaimers after commercial breaks, so you know the violence is going to be ramped up.  I agree about the Geonosians (especially the ones on speeders - sonic stunner strafe?) needing better representation and a boost in the minis game.

It's funny that the Geonosians have less personality than Battle Droids. Better than more though, after how they made the BDs behave.

Quote from Emporerdragon: And I'd consider comparing it to the voxyn a poor comparison. The voxyn was a 1-beast army capable of reducing entire squads to ruin without breaking a single drop of acidic sweat. The box is a ****ing box. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Everyone else has a lightsaber, but i made a saberstaff. ==========================>IIIIIIIIYYYYIIIIIIII(========================== My sig was way better before the dark times... before the BETA.

Am I the only one who caught the part where Anakin slices a Geo right out of the sky in full cinematic view???

The moment that really surprised me the most was just after the clonetroopers lit into the "bugs" with their flamethrowers.  As Ki Adi Mundi and his troops are victoriously stepping up to the edge of the ridge, there is an injured geonosian to the left of Master Mundi that is laying on the ground writhing and twitching and squealing because he's on fire.   A clone trooper then steps unhesitatingly up to him/it and delivers a coup de grace with several blasts of his weapon.  ......whoa.

I just want to see a Republic flame trooper mini.  Nuff said.

The moment that really surprised me the most was just after the clonetroopers lit into the "bugs" with their flamethrowers.  As Ki Adi Mundi and his troops are victoriously stepping up to the edge of the ridge, there is an injured geonosian to the left of Master Mundi that is laying on the ground writhing and twitching and squealing because he's on fire.   A clone trooper then steps unhesitatingly up to him/it and delivers a coup de grace with several blasts of his weapon.  ......whoa.

Whoa! Totally missed THAT! Rewatching TONIGHT!

"Good thing those bugs can't aim." *BOOM*

As for how did they let the Seps back.
Remember in the Attack of the Clones movie Poggle tells Count Dooku he will get his warriors to hide in the catacombs.

Think Afghanistan.

O.O Wow, missed that!

The Force is like duct tape. It has a light side, a dark side, and it BINDS the galaxy together!
I just can't believe they made Geonosian starfighters actually look cool.

Here it is.

coupdegrace.jpg
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
Sign In to post comments