Zelda Races in DnD 4 (PEACH)

41 posts / 0 new
Last post

For those who might remember, I'm the one who did all those Zelda DnD 4 items two months ago. Since then, I've been a little busy, but I finally found time to come back and finish a write-up of some Zelda races: specifically, the Deku, Goron, and Zora. I was hoping for some critiquing of them.

Zelda DnD 4 Races

A few notes, for what I'd like to do with them and what I'm thinking about them right now.

* One of my concerns is the Deku's Fluttering Petal ability, granting limited flight. I tried to limit it in a variety of ways, but I'm well aware of the advice on not giving races flight. So this is at the top of my "is it balanced?" list, and if you have any advice on how it is or isn't I'd appreciate that.

* I'd like to continue on with these and make more feats, and also racial paragon paths, but first I'd like to make sure that the races themselves are balanced and fun to play. The same goes with making further races; moreover, these are the three races of Zelda canon that we get the most information on and are substantially different from already-extant DnD races, so I'd like to concentrate on them before doing anything new.

* I did find the old "video game races" thread, and saw the Deku, Goron, and Zora therein; these are quite different mechanically, and include the ever-important fluff text races need. I, of course, think my versions are better, but I'm biased - so if I'm wrong, again, do say so.

* Speaking of the fluff text, I'd like to know if they jibe with how you might interpret the races of the Zelda games. I had to fill in a lot of gaps, but I hope my extrapolations aren't totally out there.

So... Thanks for the look-over, and your time, and all that.

Zelda Races and Items, my first big D&D 4 homebrew bits.

A few things pop out at me.

1.) Why are the Deku fey? They didn't seem very other worldy.

2. and 3.) The racial powers for the Goron and Zora should offer multiple stat options.

Goron/Zora stat options included, now. My bad!

As for Deku being fey... No, there's no direct evidence of it, and if it stuck in enough craws it'd easily be taken out. Mostly, I just made the leap given their plant-based nature... a plant-person race having some kind of connection to the feywild seemed, if you'll excuse the pun, "natural". But that may just be a weird artefact of how DnD feels to me personally, so again, if it's enough of a head-scratcher I can remove it.

Thanks for the input! Looking forward to hearing more.

No problem, just don't get the connection myself, matter of personal taste I think.

Well I will first say that I recently passed out a couple of the Healed Soul Masks in my game, and my players are loving those. Secondly, a couple months ago I was in the process of making the various Zelda races for 4e, in addition to racial feats. I did run across your races, and imagine my surprise when we had some similar ideas (especially our Zoras)! Yours did, however help me make straighten out those three a little.

I like your flavor text for all three races, and I think you did very well with it!

Here is my version of the Goron plus their 4 racial feats.

Goron

Average Height: 5'9”-6'5”

Average Weight: 320-400 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Strength or Constitution, +2 Wisdom

Size: Medium

Speed: 5 squares, Overland speed 7

Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Dwarven

Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance

Mountain Body: You gain a +1 racial bonus to saving throws. In addition, you have a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against poison.

Rock Gourmet: You can eat rocks, metals, and other substances most races would find inedible. You can eat magic items.

Roots of the Mountain: When an effect forces you to move-through a pull, a push, or a slide- you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can immediately make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

Goron Roll: You can use goron roll as an encounter power.

Goron Roll

You charge at your foe, rolling into a ball, crashing into them, and knocking him down.

Encounter

Standard Action; Melee 1

Target: One creature

Attack: Strength + 4 vs. AC or Constitution + 4 vs. AC

Requirement: You must charge and use this power in place of a basic attack.

Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage and the target is knocked prone. Increase to +6 bonus and 2d6 + Constitution modifier at 11th level, and to +8 bonus and 3d6 + Constitution modifier at 21st level.

Special: When you create your character, choose Strength or Constitution as the ability score you use when making attack rolls with this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and does not change the power's other effects.

Biggoron Weapon Prowess

Prerequisite: Goron

Benefit: You gain proficiency with all simple and military two-handed melee weapons and a +2 feat bonus to damage rolls with such weapons. The bonus increases to +3 at 11th level and +4 at 21st level.

Continuous Roll

Prerequisite: Goron, goron roll racial power

Benefit: When you hit with your goron roll power, you can use the following effect.

Effect: Shift up to 3 squares. Make a secondary attack.

Secondary Target: One creature other than the primary target.

Secondary Attack: Constitution + 4 vs. AC

Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Goron Roll Adept

Prerequisite: Str 15, Goron, goron roll racial power

Benefit: Your goron roll power gains the Reliable keyword and you can push the target 1 square on a hit.

Volvagia's Bane

Prerequisite: Goron

Benefit: You gain resist 5 fire. This increases to resist 10 fire at 11th level, and resist 15 fire at 21st level.

Cool! I'm really glad to hear someone is using those items. I'd love to hear more about how they've been used.

And I can see where my stuff influenced yours, and I can already tell you it's influenced mine (IE, Goron rolling for mine now also does knockdown instead of ongoing damage). I like your Goron, especially the feats (I may end up stealing one or two >.>). The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was that your Goron can specifically eat magic items; the reason I didn't allow mine to do that was that I was afraid it'd turn him into a convenient disposal mechanism for anything magic... like phylacteries and plot coupon items. *shrug*

Most of all, though, I'm glad to see people interested in this stuff. I'm hoping to do a Zelda-based campaign at some point, so this feedback also serves to get me jazzed up about the idea. So keep it coming! ^_^

Well my PCs found two masks and made two more in order to sneak into an Eladrin city so they can try to take it over. They really like how the racial encounter power is like channel divinity. i also gave them a switchhook, but it hasn't been used yet.

I wasn't sure about eating magic items and I did not think about eating phylacteries and such. Great minds think alike and help each other out! Go ahead and use the feats, especially since they are modified from other 4e racial feats (Biggron Prowess from Goliaths and Goron Roll Adept from Fire/Earth Genasi).

As for your Deku, it is pretty good all around. The racial power is similar to the Eladrin teleporting, except a bit worse (can't escape grapples, provokes OA), so maybe make it equal to your speed instead of 5? I went for Deku Nuts as my Deku racial power, but my Korok fly. I think I'll share that one now.

Tiny tree-folk, looking to expand the once majestic forest.

Korok
Average Height: 3'1”-3'4”
Average Weight: 25-45 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
Size: Small
Speed: 5 squares (forest walk)
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Stealth
Great Deku Tree Protection: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Fortitude defense.
Magic of the Wood: Korok may master and perform rituals requiring training in the Nature skill without feats or class features. Additionally any Nature ritual a korok learns can be used without the ritual book. Material costs of the ritual are still required.
Photosynthesis: Korok do not need to sleep. Rather, korok must spend 4 hours refraining from any strenuous activity. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races get from a 6-hour extended rest. While resting in this low-exertion state, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal. This does not render you immune to any effect.
Plant Origin: You are considered a plant creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Small as a Twig: You gain a +2 racial bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Deku Leaf: You can use deku leaf as an encounter power.

Deku Leaf
You hold a leaf as big as you are above your head, and as it twirls, you fly over the battlefield.
Encounter
Move Action; Personal
Effect: You fly 4 squares and you can make a saving throw against an ongoing condition affecting you. This movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks. If you don't land at the end of this move, you fall and take damage.

Play a korok if you want...
-to be able to easily dodge attacks.
-to fly over the battlefield without being injured.
-to be a member of a race that favors the bard, cleric, druid, and sorcerer classes.

Enlarged Deku Leaf
Prerequisite: Korok, deku leaf racial power
Benefit: When you use your deku leaf racial power, you can fly 3 additional squares and gain a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
Korok Salve
Prerequisite: Korok, deku leaf racial power
Benefit: After you use your deku leaf racial power, an adjacent ally can make a saving throw with a +3 bonus.
Lost in the Forest
Prerequisite: Kokiri or Korok
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to AC when you are adjacent to at least two enemies larger than you.

And here is my attempt at a flying race without actual flight, since that is part of keeping 4e balanced. Tongue out

Quick and knowledgeable, at home on the ground or in the skies.
Rito
Average Height: 5'5”-6'1”
Average Weight: 125-200 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, choose one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Perception
Bird-Brained: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Will defense.
Fluttering Advancement: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).
Winged: You gain a +4 bonus to Athletic checks to jump. Additionally, anytime you would take falling damage, make a saving throw to take no damage instead.
Soar: You can use soar as an encounter power.

Soar
You take to the skies.
Encounter; Flight
Move Action; Personal
Effect: Fly up to your speed. This movement does provoke opportunity attacks. If you don't land at the end of this movement, you fall.

Play as a rito if you want...
-to take to the skies.
-to be noble and intelligent.
-to be a member of a race that favors the artificer, invoker, psion, warlord, and wizard classes.

Feathered Tactician
Prerequisite: Int 15, Rito, bard or warlord
Benefit: Whenever you use a power that lets an ally heal hit points, that ally heals additional hit points equal to your Intelligence modifier.
Rito Philosopher
Prerequisite:  Rito, Trained in Diplomacy
Benefit: When you Intimidate some one in combat, you can use your Diplomacy modifier in place of your Intimidate modifier. You also gain a +2 feat bonus to Diplomacy.
Soaring Adept
Prerequisite: Rito, soar racial power
Benefit: Increase your speed by 2 squares when you use your soar racial power.

Added a few feats, but not many... I'm trying to think up Deku/Goron/Zora feats a la the (Source) Power books, where it adds to the flavor of a race/class combination as well as making them more potent. I might also poke at some ideas I have for racial paragon paths... Any ideas along either of those lines would be welcome!

As for the flight, the one difference I see between my Deku and your Ruto is that, in my current wording on the Deku ability, it allows you to move much further than simply five squares - since the ability is just a minor action to give you the flight speed, it lets you use up to three actions (standard, move, AP). I thought that might make up for how it would otherwise be worse than Fey Step - it doesn't let you automatically break grabs or go through prison bars, and it provokes opportunity attacks, while still getting you through many obstacles that the teleport might (and very few that wouldn't be solved with a Fey Step). So, if you need to go further, you can (at a price), to make up for that. But I don't know if I'll be satisfied with its balance until I see it used in action... *shrug*

And the Ruto are a cool idea to build on, I like it. ^_^

Maybe I'm missing something, but... why do Zora get proficiency with Crossbows? If anything, wouldn't a net and trident make more sense? Also, why is Bard on the favored class list? The only stat Zora get a bonus to is Int, which is, at best, a secondary stat for a Bard. Rogue or Monk would be more logical, IMO, or even Artificer.

Anyway, here's some feats I came up with, focusing on Zora:

Great Bay Crescent Style [Zora]

Prerequisite: Any Martial Class

You gain a benefit with any of the below Martial at-will powers you have.

Reaping Strike (Fighter): You may add your Dexterity modifier to the damage this power does on a miss.

Piercing Strike (Rogue): When you hit a target with this power, the target takes a -2 penalty to a defense of your choice until the end of your next turn.

Shield of Blades (Ranger): You may forgo the bonus to AC this power gives. If so, you may spend an immediate interrupt during this round to gain a shield bonus to all defenses equal to your Dexterity modifier against a single attack made against you.

Inevitable Wave (Warlord): Until the end of your next turn, your allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls while charging, instead of a +1, and they also gain a +2 bonus to speed while charging.

Whirling Blades [Zora]

Prereqisite: Dex 13

You may use your Arm Fins as a weapon with class powers, paragon path powers, and basic attacks. Your Fins are in the Unarmed and Light Blade categories, with the offhand and defensive properties, they have a +3 Proficiency bonus, do 1d6 damage on a hit, and +1d6 damage on a critical hit. You may enchant your fins as if they were magic weapons, adding their enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls. In addition, you may detach your Arm Fins and use them as Light Thrown weapons with a range of 6/12. They return to your hand after thrown, even if they are not magical.

Impaling Sneak Attack [Zora]

Prerequisites: Rogue, Sneak Attack

You may use a spear or polearms for Rogue powers and Paragon path powers which require a Light Blade, and may Sneak Attack with spears and polearms.

Reaching Threat [Zora]

Prerequisite: Fighter

While wielding a reach weapon, you may make opportunity attacks and use your Combat Superiority class feature on any enemy which is within your reach, instead of those who are adjacent to you.

Pelagic Spellcaster [Zora]

Prerequisite: Wizard, Arcane Implement Mastery

When you use your Wand of Accuracy power, you may make two attack rolls and apply your Dexterity modifier as a power bonus to either result.

Ballad of the Wind Fish [Zora]

Prerequisite: Channel Divinity class feature, must worship Jabu-Jabu

You gain the Channel Divinity power "Ballad of the Wind Fish".

Channel Divinity: Ballad of the Wind Fish

Your prayers cause a plaintive hymn to echo amid the crashing of waves, lulling your enemies into a tranquil peace.
Encounter•Divine
Standard Action Close Burst 5
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Charisma, Wisdom, or Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: The target cannot attack you or your allies until the end of your next turn, or until they are attacked with a power that deals damage.
Sustain Standard: The effect persists. If a target has been attacked with a power that deals damage since the end of your last turn, you may not sustain the effect on that target.
Special: When you gain this power, choose intelligence, charisma, or wisdom. This power uses that ability for attack rolls for as long as you have it.

Oath of the Unforgiving Ocean [Zora]

Prerequisite: Avenger, Oath of Enmity

When you use your Oath of Enmity class feature to make two attack rolls, and both miss the target, you may choose to take 5 damage to cause the target to be slowed until the end of your next turn. At level 11, you may also choose to take 10 damage to make the target immobilized until the end of your next turn.

Turbulent Hunter [Zora]

Prerequisite: Ranger, Two-Blade Fighting Style

Once per round, when you hit with a Ranger power or paragon path power which requires two melee weapons, and are wielding your Arm Fins as weapons for that power, you may add your Dexterity modifier as a bonus to the damage roll.

Sea Reaper [Zora]

Prerequisite: Assassin, Shade Form

While you are in your Shade Form, you can walk on liquid surfaces as if they were solid, and while you are doing so you take on a watery visage which gives you Resistance to fire damage and vulnerability to Cold damage, both equal to 5 + one half your level.

Maybe I'm missing something, but... why do Zora get proficiency with Crossbows? If anything, wouldn't a net and trident make more sense?

A net would make sense, but on double-checking, it's a superior weapon - and I don't think any race can get easy access to a superior weapon like that (but if you can prove me wrong, please do so). The only reason I had the crossbows in was because they're the only non-spear weapons that work well underwater... But with the inclusion of the trident, which I didn't even see in Adv. Vault, and adding in the javelin, there're enough weapons that I can leave those out.

Also, why is Bard on the favored class list? The only stat Zora get a bonus to is Int, which is, at best, a secondary stat for a Bard. Rogue or Monk would be more logical, IMO, or even Artificer.

Largely for the sake of Mikau and their flavor. Unfortunately, you're right - stat-wise they don't make much Bardic sense. I'll take it off for now, but I wish I could make them more Bard-favored... I'm sorely tempted to change that +2 DEX to +2 CON now, to do that. The Zora have always been pretty intelligent, building water temples and the like, but their grace is partially handeled by INT in DnD... So, I dunno. Thoughts, anyone?

Anyway, here's some feats I came up with, focusing on Zora:

Whirling Blades, Impaling Sneak Attack, Reaching Threat: Yoink! But I made Reaching Threat a Paragon feat, and only for the Zora weapons.

Ballad of the Wind Fish: I think it's way too powerful for a channel divinity feat. It might serve better in a paragon path... Or the Ballad of the Wind Fish may serve better as a ritual, built to wake ancient sleeping beasts.

Sea Reaper: I like the idea, but I'm not familiar with the Assassin class... So I can't really comment on it.

Turbulent Hunter: I don't know that I like a feat that requires another feat...

And the other two feats, for Avengers and most Martial Classes, I'll have to look at more in-depth later. Thanks for the input and the cool feats (and the ideas from the feats that I didn't immediately include)!

Ah, right. Superior weapons. Well, in general, spear weapons would still be rather useful in water, as would certain light blades (like daggers), simply because a stabbing motion imparts little water resistance (science ftw).

Hmm... well, Bards do use Intelligence for one of their builds (cunning bard, I think), so it's not completely useless as a Bard. Dexterity does sort of lead to NAD redundancy, tough, so you could go and make the Dex/Wis instead. That, incidentally, would make them perfect for Ranger, Avenger, Monk, and Two-Blade Fighters.

As for BotWF, I thought it was pretty strong. I guess you could remove the sustain, or lower the burst area. I basically just thought it would be cool to reference my favorite Zelda song.

For Assassins, the relevant info is that Shade Form makes you blurry and insubstantial and you can sustain it as a minor, and basically use it to hide in your allies' shadows. For my feat, I basically switched it up a bit and made it so you turn into water.

For the Ranger one, I was thinking that Whirling Blades could be the basis of a cross-class feat tree. Basically, you take this feat, then it gives you access to these other feats.

Chameleon-X: I like the feats, and I think I will use a few of them! I made a feat like Whirling Blades (like the Gnoll feat), but they couldn't be used as thrown weapons. That almost seems a bit much, since it will be a perfect weapon for rogues and assassins ("No, I'm not armed at all..."). Impaling Sneak Attack is good, but would need to lower the Sneak Attack damage by a die, since the Eladrin feat does as well for longsword use.

Elemental Knight: Your best bet for class-race feats is to look at what are already available, and see if you can out right use any or tweak it to fit the race. I only did a couple, but will give my players the option of petitioning a class-race feat for use in their race, since there are just so many!

As for your flight, I forgot about it being a minor action. So like you, it will be better to try to balance from play experience.

With your Zora, it is missing an important ability: a bonus to a non-AC defense, since your Zora has Dex and Int both going to Reflex. If you don't change the stats, my suggestion is to give them a +1 to Will. That way they aren't stepping on the toes of the Goron toughness. For comparison, here is my Zora (plus feats), which took your Skin of Eels and Weapon Proficiency after I saw yours a while ago.

Zora
Average Height: 5'4”-6'0”
Average Weight: 130-170 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom
Speed: 6 squares, Swim 7 squares

Languages: Common, choose one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Insight
Aquatic Origin: You have the aquatic keyword and are considered an aquatic creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin. You can breathe normally in water and ignore rough water while swimming. In addition, you never need to make an athletics check to swim.
Blood in the Water: You have a +1 to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
Skin of Eels: You have resist lightning 5 + one-half your level.
Zora Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longspear and hand-crossbow.
Bio-electric Shield: You can use bio-electric shield as an encounter power.

Bio-electric Shield
When you are surrounded, you emit a lethal natural defense of electricity.
Encounter; Lightning
Minor Action; Close Burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Strength + 2 vs. Reflex, Constitution + 2 vs. Reflex, or Dexterity + 2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity modifier lightning damage. Increase to +4 bonus and 2d6 + Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity modifier lightning damage at 11th level, and to +6 bonus and 3d6 + Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity modifier lightning damage at 21st level.
Special: When you create your character, choose Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity as the ability score you use when making attack rolls with this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and does not change the power's other effects.

Play as a zora if you want...
-to be be a swift and insightful hero.
-to emit electricity from your body.
-to attack enemies from the water with a spear.
-to be a member of a race that favors the cleric, druid, psion, and warden classes.

Enlarged Bio-Electric Shield
Prerequisite: Zora, bio-electric shield racial power
Benefit: When you use your bio-electric shield power, you can choose to make it close burst 2 instead of close burst 1. After you use this power, you also gain a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
Gift of Jabu-Jabu
Prerequisite: Zora, bio-electric shield racial power
Benefit: Add the Radiant keyword to your bio-electric shield racial power. Additionally, one ally within the burst is healed hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Razor Fin Fighter
Prerequisite: Zora
Benefit: You posses razor sharp fins, which you can use as weapons with a +3 proficiency bonus and 1d6 damage. For purpose of powers and feats, you can treat your fins as light blades, and you are considered to have a weapon in each hand. You can enchant your fins.

I wrote a whole LOZ campaign setting for 2nd edition using the Skills and Powers system for class building. I did a lot of research into Zelda canon and am pleased to see so many trying to keep the feel of the 'official' Zelda races.

On the Zora I'd urge you to consider dropping the bio-electricity as a racial power and instead add it as an optional encounter power - not all Zora have this ability.

On the Goron roll ability make sure you work it into the standard movement of the Goron race rather than simply using it as yet another attack mode.

On the Rito and the Korok these races are in fact 'evolved' (or degenerated?) versions of the Zora and Kokiri. I won't ruin the why of this for those of you who haven't finished the Wind Waker - just trust me on this. As such no Rito should be seen in a campaign along with a Zora or no Kokiri with a Korok, if you wish to preserve a 'pure' LOZ experience.

On the Deku being Fey - my opinion is that they aren't. The Kokiri should be considered as such but the Deku definitely are not. Deku are similar to other plant-based creatures - consider them the same way.

Keep working - there's much goodness here. I've yet to convert my LOZ campaign to 4E and will be watching this thread closely to see what my peers are coming up with.

"They call me Wraith for I hate the living..." "Play the game, not the ruleset" In April this year, a real force for good was lost to this community - Wrecan, whichever plane your soul now wanders I hope the journey you are now on is as interesting as the writings you shared with this community. Rest in peace. I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I like the write up.  Here is a Racial Paragon for the Zora

Water’s Guardian

“Feel the rage of the sea! Infidel!”

Water’s Guardian

Path Features

Rigid Fins (11th Level):

You can use your arm fins as weapons that act as a light blade. The fins have a proficiency bonus of +3, 1d6 damage, and you are proficient with them.

Electro Static Action (11th Level):

When you spend an action point to make an attack that deals damage, that attack deals an additional 2d6 lightning damage.

Power of the Sea (16th Level):

Whenever you push a target you can push it additional squares equal to your Charisma.

Lightning Discharge

Water’s Guardian Attack 11

You throw out your hand and make a lightning bolt discharge from it.

Encounter

Standard                              Action Range 5

Target: One Creature

Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma +4 vs. Reflex 
Level 21st Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma +6 vs. Reflex

Hit: 3d6 Lightning Damage and the target is immobilized.

Special: When you gain this power, choose Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as the ability to use when attacking with this power.

Dolphin Grace

Water’s Guardian Utility 12

With the grace of a dolphin you make in incredible feats of athleticism.

Encounter

Minor Action               Personal

Effect: You gain a +5 bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks until the end of your turn.

Fury of the Sea

Water’s Guardian Attack 20

With the fury of the boiling sea you attack.

Daily

Standard Action             
Target: One Creature
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Cha. Modifier damage, and you push the target 1 square. The target is then knocked prone.
Miss: 1[W] + Cha. Modifier and the target is pushed one square.
Zora
When you spend an action point to make an attack, that attack deals an additional 2d6 lightning damage.

Should clarify "When you spend an action point to make an attack that deals damage, ...". Otherwise, you do have attacks that do no damage normally. Don't want to tack damage onto them.
On further review, I think you should remove the "does +1d6 damage on a critical hit" part on the Whirling Blades feat I made up. Reason being, the way it's worded, the damage would stack with the normal crit damage of an enchanted fin weapon, resulting in a Zora's crits doing 1d6 more damage than any other character... >_> my bad.

Anyway, Gorons this time:

Goron Roller [Goron]

Prerequisite: Goron, Dex 13
Benefit: You may replace any utility power of 2nd level or higher with both the Goron Curl and Goron Roll powers below.

Goron Curl

At-Will (1/round)
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You curl into a ball. While curled in a ball, you gain Resist 5 to all damage, but cannot make any attacks other than charge attacks, bull rushes, and your Rolling Spike Charge racial power. While curled up, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with charge attacks, bull rushes, and your Rolling Spike Charge racial power (this is in addition to the attack bonus for charging). You may uncurl as a minor action.

Goron Roll

At-Will
Move Action Personal
Requirement: You must be curled into a ball
Effect: Move up to your speed +2. If you travel at least 3 squares during this move action, you gain a +5 bonus to any jump checks made to cross a horizontal gap. If you travel at least 5 squares during this move action, you may use your Rolling Spike Charge racial power without having to charge. You ignore difficult terrain while rolling.

Alpine Survivor [Goron]

Prerequisite: Con 13
Benefit: Replace your Volvagia's Bane racial trait with "Hoarfrost Hardiness". You gain resistance to cold equal to 5 + one-half your level, and a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against effects that slow, restrain, or immobilize you.

Rock Solid [Goron]

Prerequisite: Con 15
Benefit: You gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against poison and disease, and a +5 racial bonus to endurance checks made to resist disease.

Stone's Vigor [Goron]

Prerequisite: Fighter, Battlerager Vigor, Str 13
Benefit: When you score a critical hit with a fighter power with the invigorating keyword, you may make a saving throw against one effect on you that a save can end.

Crushing Warrior [Goron]

Prerequisite: Barbarian, Con 13
Benefit: When you score a critical hit with a Barbarian power while weilding a hammer, the target is also dazed until the end of your next turn, and knocked prone.

Stoneborn Sorcery [Goron]

Prerequisite: Any arcane class
Benefit: When you hit with an arcane at-will attack power, you gain resistance to all damage from the target's attacks equal to your constitution modifier until the start of your next turn.

Rune Hammer [Goron]

Prerequisite: Swordmage, Swordmage Warding, Con 13
Benefit: You may use Hammers and Maces as Implements for Swordmage powers and paragon path powers with the Implement Keyword, and your Swordbond and Swordmage Warding class features function with Hammers and Maces, instead of just Light Blades and Heavy Blades.

Mountain Sentinel [Goron]

Prerequisite: Warden, Str 13, Con 13
Benefit: When you use your Rolling Spike Charge racial power, you may mark each creature which was adjacent to you at any point during the charge until the end of your next turn.

Righteous Crusher [Goron]

Prerequisite: Paladin, Ardent vow, Str 13
Benefit: When you use your Ardent Vow power, each creature you hit with a Paladin power or paragon path power before the end of your turn is subject to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn. If you are wielding a hammer, you may also knock a target marked by your divine challenge prone when you hit it with a Paladin weapon power on the same turn you use Ardent Vow.

Earthen Inspiration [Goron]

Prerequisite: Warlord, Str 13
Benefit: When you spend an action point to take an extra action, choose one ally who has also spent an action point during this encounter. That ally may choose to either make a saving throw, or gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Strength modifier.
And now Deku.

As an aside, I would suggest rewording the "Lost in the Forest" feat for Deku, since the way it's written seems to imply that you only get a benefit if EXACTLY two larger enemies are adjacent to you, as opposed to, "Two or more enemies".

Quagmire Dweller [Deku]

Prerequisite: Trained in Endurance
Benefit: You gain resist Poison and Resist Acid equal to 5 + one-half your level.

Deku Artillery [Deku]

Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: Replace one of your 1st level at-will attack powers with the Deku Nut Attack power.

Deku Nut Attack

At-Will (special)
Standard Action Ranged 20
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d4 + dexterity modifier damage. Make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: The primary target and each creature adjacent to it.
Secondary Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: All creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Special: This power requires Deku Nuts as ammunition. If you have no Deku Nuts available, you cannot use this power. This power can be used in place of a ranged basic attack. In addition, you may use this power while flying using your Fluttering Petal racial power, in which case the attack becomes an Area Burst 1 centered on a space on the ground below your space.

Armored Nutshell [Deku]

Prerequisite: Nutshell Shield, Con 12
Benefit: When you use the Total Defense action, you also gain Resist 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn. This increases to Resist 10 at 21st level.

Deku Dervish [Deku]

Benefit: Replace one of your 1st level at-will attack powers with the Deku Spin Attack power.

Deku Spin Attack

At-Will
Standard Action Close Burst 1
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, or 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage at 21st level.
Special: You may use this power in place of a melee basic attack when charging.

Venomous Backfire [Deku]

Prerequisite: Sorcerer, Cha 13
Benefit: If you roll a natural 1 on your first attack roll during any round, you may deal 5 + your Charisma modifier posion or acid damage (your choice) to each creature adjacent to you, before any effects from your Spell Source take effect.

Verdent Stalker [Deku]

Prerequisite: Rogue, Dex 13
Benefit: When you end your turn in a square containing foliage, undergowth, or other plant materials, you may immediately make a stealth check as a free action to hide.

Petal Flurry [Deku]

Benefit: When you make an attack which requires you to weild a melee weapon in each hand, you may shift 1 square before or after the attack. If the power already allows you to shift, you may shift 1 additional square. If a power allows you to make multiple attacks, you may shift before or after any one attack.

Nature's Betrayer [Deku]

Prerequisite: Any divine Class
Benefit: Your divine powers which target undead also target Plant creatures and Fey.

Blossoming Channeling [Deku]

Prerequisite: Any divine class, Channel Divinity class feature
Benefit: When you use any Channel Divinity power, you or an ally within 5 squares of you gains Regeneration 5 while they are bloodied, which lasts until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes.

Arcane Flutter [Deku]

Prerequisite: Cha 13, any Arcane class
Benefit: When score a critical hit with an arcane at-will attack power you can fly a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier as a free action after the attack. This movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

Forest Spirit's Boon [Deku]

Prerequisite: Cha 13, any Primal Class
Benefit: When you use a close or area primal attack power and hit each target, you may choose one ally adjacent to the target. That ally may regain hit points equal to you Charisma modifier, or make a saving throw.

Fluttering Fist [Deku]

Prerequisite: Monk, Flurry of Blows
Benefit: When you use your Flurry of Blows power to slide the target of the triggering attack, you may shift one square after sliding the target.

Shadow Blossom [Deku]

Prerequisite: Assassin, Dex 13, Cha 13
Benefit: When you hit a target with a Shadow attack power while there are no other creatures adjacent to the target, you may teleport a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier after the attack, but must end the teleport adjacent to another creature.

Curse of the Black Mist [Deku]

Prerequisite: Warlock, Fey Pact
Benefit: When your Misty Step pact boon is triggered, you may deal necrotic damage equal to your Charisma modifier to each creature adjacent to you which is under your Warlock's Curse, either before or after the teleport.

Petal Flurry [Deku]
Prerequisite: Dex 13, Fighter, Barbarian, or Ranger
Benefit: When you make an attack which requires you to weild a melee weapon in each hand, you may shift 1 square before or after the attack. If the power already allows you to shift, you may shift 1 additional square. If a power allows you to make multiple attacks, you may shift before or after any one attack.

I would remove the Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger requirement. The simple "an attack which requires you to wield a melee weapon in each hand" prevents anyone else from getting any benefit from it, so you don't need it. And what if PHB3 or PHB4 or whatever has another dual-wielding class? That way, it is forwards-compatible.

Petal Flurry [Deku]
Prerequisite: Dex 13, Fighter, Barbarian, or Ranger

I would remove the Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger requirement. The simple "an attack which requires you to wield a melee weapon in each hand" prevents anyone else from getting any benefit from it, so you don't need it. And what if PHB3 or PHB4 or whatever has another dual-wielding class? That way, it is forwards-compatible.

Ah, good point. I'll change that.
Rock Gourmet: You can eat rocks, metals, and other substances most races would find inedible. You can eat magic items.

I have no idea what this does. Does it actually do anything mechanical at all? What purpose does this serve? Because racial qualities that are 100% fluff don't belong in the mechanical write-up.

Goron Roll

You charge at your foe, rolling into a ball, crashing into them, and knocking him down.

Encounter

Standard Action; Melee 1

Attack: Strength + 4 vs. AC or Constitution + 4 vs. AC

This is bad. Standard Action racial powers are almost always a terrible idea, and this is not one of the extremely few exceptions. Also, only offering two ability score options for which to attack with a racial power is very limiting. At least put DEX or WIS in there too or something.

Plant Origin: You are considered a plant creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Aquatic Origin: You have the aquatic keyword and are considered an aquatic creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

I don't understand why so many people confure a creature type keyword with an origin. Those are not the same thing. Plant and Aquatic are not origins. They're just keywords.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
I have no idea what this does. Does it actually do anything mechanical at all? What purpose does this serve? Because racial qualities that are 100% fluff don't belong in the mechanical write-up.

I agree this needs a bit of clarification as to its mechanical benefits. Just with off-hand logic, I would assume it would simply free up the character from having to buy trail rations or similar foods, and allow them to survive in a wasteland when other characters would starve. But really, that's only a concern for early heroic tier characters. =/

This is bad. Standard Action racial powers are almost always a terrible idea, and this is not one of the extremely few exceptions. Also, only offering two ability score options for which to attack with a racial power is very limiting. At least put DEX or WIS in there too or something.

Well, first of all, this was added by another poster, not the OP. Secondly, it uses Str and Con because those are the racial ability adjustments that Gorons get. All other racial powers that I can think of off-hand do the same thing. 

I don't understand why so many people confure a creature type keyword with an origin. Those are not the same thing. Plant and Aquatic are not origins. They're just keywords.

Alright, what about this:

Plant Creature: You are a considered to have the Plant keyword for effects related to creature type.

Aquatic Creature: You are considered to have the Aquatic keyword for effects related to creature type. You can breathe underwater, and possess a swim speed equal to your speed.

Another idea I thought of that you might want to try, OP:

Gerudo Heritage [Bloodline]

Prerequisite: Human, Elf, or Half-Elf
Benefit:You are descended from the tribe of the Gerudo; you gain the ability to resist ambient temperatures of between -40 and 120 degrees. You gain training in Thievery and Acrobatics and a +2 bonus to Thievery checks and Acrobatics checks.

Gerudo Weapon Training

Prerequisite: Gerudo Heritage
Benefit: You gain proficiency and a +2 feat bonus to attack rolls with polearms and Scimitars. In addition, you may wield Scimitars as if they had the off-hand and defensive properties.

Gerudo's Guard

Prerequisite: Gerudo Weapon Training
Benefit: Replace any utility power of 2nd level or higher with the Blade Shield power.

Blade Shield

You cross your swords or tilt your pike to quickly intercept an enemy attack.

At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a polearm, or two melee weapons
Trigger: You are hit by a melee attack
Effect: Make a Dexterity or Strength attack, and compare the result with the triggering attack roll. If your attack roll meets or exceeds the triggering attack roll, the attack misses.

Agile Marauder

Prerequisite: Gerudo Heritage
Benefit: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Thievery and Acrobatics checks, and once per encounter, you may make an Acrobatics check opposed by the target's Reflex as a Minor Action. If your check result exceeds the target's reflex, you gain combat advantage against the target until the end of your current turn. In addition, you take no penalty for making Thievery checks during combat.

Deadly Whirlwind

Prerequisite: Agile Marauder, Gerudo Weapon Training
Benefit: You gain the Racial power Whirling Strike. If you have an Encounter power granted to you by a Racial trait, you may use either that power or Whirling Leap once per encounter.

Whirling Leap

You lower into a coiled stance, and then leap at your enemy with a deadly blow.
Encounter * Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a polearm or two melee weapons
Effect: Make an acrobatics check opposed by the target's Reflex defense.
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage. If your Acrobatics check also hit the target's Reflex defense, the target is knocked prone and is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Level 11: 2[W] + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage.
Level 21: 3[W] + Strength or Dexterity modifier damage.
Special: When you gain this power, choose either Strength or Dexterity. This power uses that ability modifier for the attack and damage rolls.
Well, first of all, this was added by another poster, not the OP.

I know. The criticism was directed at whoever designed it. It was a bad suggestion to the OP.

Secondly, it uses Str and Con because those are the racial ability adjustments that Gorons get. All other racial powers that I can think of off-hand do the same thing.

That's absolutely false. Every race with a racial power that attacks gets at least three different stat options with which to attack. In addition, these options do not necessarily correlate to the race's ability score boosts. For example, a Dragonborn cannot use CHA to attack with Dragon Breath, and a Drow cannot use DEX to attack with Dark-Fire. Still, to continue looking at those as examples, you'll see they each have three attack stat options.

Of course, fixing that alone won't help because the power is still a standard action.

Alright, what about this:

Plant Creature: You are a considered to have the Plant keyword for effects related to creature type.

Aquatic Creature: You are considered to have the Aquatic keyword for effects related to creature type. You can breathe underwater, and possess a swim speed equal to your speed.

That's fine, I just don't understand how people could possibly keep confusing keywords such as Dragon and Undead and Plant as creature origins.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
I know. The criticism was directed at whoever designed it. It was a bad suggestion to the OP.

Ah, okay. I agree with you, actually. I'm biased, of course, but I prefer my feat power version of Goron Roll.

That's absolutely false. Every race with a racial power that attacks gets at least three different stat options with which to attack. In addition, these options do not necessarily correlate to the race's ability score boosts. For example, a Dragonborn cannot use CHA to attack with Dragon Breath, and a Drow cannot use DEX to attack with Dark-Fire. Still, to continue looking at those as examples, you'll see they each have three attack stat options.

Of course, fixing that alone won't help because the power is still a standard action.

Oooh. =/ You are correct, sir. I guess that'll teach me not to make blanket statements when I don't have access to my books. Anyway, I agree that it should at least have DEX as another option.

That's fine, I just don't understand how people could possibly keep confusing keywords such as Dragon and Undead and Plant as creature origins.

Well, to be fair, they are in the same line of the monster stat blocks (though keywords are separated by parentheses). Also, the only player race IIRC that has a creature keyword is the Revenent, which is a DDI exclusive, so most people wouldn't have seen an example of the wording difference between Origin and Keyword. Also, players who didn't read the monster manual might not even know what Origin or Keyword mean.

Also, players who didn't read the monster manual might not even know what Origin or Keyword mean.

Come now, it's not at all unreasonable of me to expect people to be familiar with the very basic mechanics that they themselves introduce into their own home-brews. I mean, if they haven't read the MM, then shouldn't they theoretically have no idea what monsters keywords such as "Plant" and "Aquatic" even do or even that they even exist at all? You can try to justify it, but it still looks sloppy, and it's still not a good first impression. =/

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

Is ElementalKnight even still reading this topic? He hasn't posted anything in a while.
Actually, I think the 'plant' keyword is absolutely perfect for the Deku. It's accurate and fits. Approve.

Aquatic for the Zora......yeah, I'll play with that. Approve.

Not that my comments are worth anything - still only reading 4E rulebooks and playing 2E (where I'm going to prefer my own versions of the LOZ races ).

"They call me Wraith for I hate the living..." "Play the game, not the ruleset" In April this year, a real force for good was lost to this community - Wrecan, whichever plane your soul now wanders I hope the journey you are now on is as interesting as the writings you shared with this community. Rest in peace. I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
dlwraith, I think you misunderstood. I don't have any problem with a race having the plant or aquatic keyword. That's perfectly fine. The problem is that they were being referred to as creature origins, which they are not.

dlwraith, I think you misunderstood. I don't have any problem with a race having the plant or aquatic keyword. That's perfectly fine. The problem is that they were being referred to as creature origins, which they are not.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification - I had got the wrong end of the stick.
I am Blue/Green
Had an idea just now:

Wavefire Heritage [Bloodline]

Benefit: You are the descendant of an evolutionary offshoot of the Zora race. Zora of this bloodline have scales which range in color from crimson, to fiery orange, to gold or green, as well as a frill on the head which gives them a passing resemblence to a Sahuagin. You lose any resistance to lightning damage you gained from a racial trait, and instead gain resist fire equal to 5 + one half your level. In addition, replace your Electric Shield racial power with the Spitfire Burst racial power below.

Spitfire Burst

Inhaling deeply, you spit a sticky glob which sets your enemy alight.
Encounter • Fire
Standard Action Ranged 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
Attack: (Special) +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + (Special) modifier fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Level 11: 2d6 + (Special) modifier fire damage and ongoing 10 fire damage (save ends)
Level 21: 3d6 + (Special) modifier fire damage and ongoing 15 fire damage (save ends)
Special: When you gain this power, choose Constitution, Dexterity, or Charisma. Use that ability score when making attack rolls and damage rolls with this power.

Distracting Burns

Prerequisite: Zora, Wavefire Heritage
Benefit: When you hit with your Spitfire Burst racial power, the target grants combat advantage to all attackers until the end of your next turn.

Luminous Flames

Prerequisite: 11th level, Zora, Wavefire Heritage
Benefit: When you hit with your Spitfire Burst racial power, the target generates bright light out to 5 squares and cannot benefit from concealment or total concealment until it saves against the ongoing damage.

Wide Fire

Prerequisite: 21st level, Zora, Wavefire Heritage
Benefit: When you use your Spitfire Burst racial power, you may choose to make the attack an Area Burst 1 within a number of squares equal to the power's range. If you do so, the attack deals half damage to each target (ongoing damage is not halved).
Holy cow, it's cool to see people still worked on stuff while I was gone.

Speaking of which, a reason: I went back to school, to get my Master's in Game Design. This week is the first big bit of free time I've had since early November. Since my new D&D group at school expressed some interest in my Zelda stuff, I revisited this thread and my wiki pages, and, well, here I am, performing a little bit of minor thread necromancy.

So I went ahead and added a bunch of the feats that were in this thread after my last post in it (on page 2!) to my wiki page, which for reference, in case you forgot or don't wanna scroll back to page 1, is here. Mostly Deku and Goron stuff, which is good because they were lacking before. I also added a few more feats based on things I saw in the Dragonborn book, which I just got, and absolutely love - had I infinite time, I'd love to do a similar work for the Zelda races. If people want to contribute ideas for race-book style things for any of the races, fluff or mechanical, I'm open to it (flavor-info pieces would get their own page, or something, I dunno).

Also, I don't know exactly what Bloodlines are, since I don't think I have the book that those are in - or if I do, I can't find it - but if they are what I intuit them to be, then I really like the idea of Gerudo and Zola bloodlines. If we could throw in a Hylian one, I think we'd be set. 

TL;DR: I was busy with school, came back, added some ideas, and am up for looking at and working on stuff for as long as school doesn't drag me back in. Oh, and people are awesome for contributing their ideas even after I poof'd.
At first I was like..."realllyyyy??? deku nut powers?"

But..
The more I read it, the more I like it.
Locke: [after mugging a merchant for his clothes] It's a little tight, but the price was right.

Hylian Heritage [Bloodline]

Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf
Benefit: You gain training in Religion or History, and a +2 racial bonus to religion checks and history checks related to Hyrule and the three Goddesses of Hyrule. You lose your Group Awareness or Group Diplomacy feature, and gain telepathy 10. You may converse with any creature which has a language via telepathy, but this doesn't give you any additional languages.

Sage of Hyrule

Prerequisite: Hylian Heritage feat, able to cast rituals
Benefit: Choose poison, fire, cold, force, necrotic, or radiant. You gain resist 5 to the chosen damage type, and a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls for powers with that keyword. The resistance increases to 10 at 11th level, and 15 at 21st level. In addition, when you are in an environment which is conducive to your chosen element (see below), you may cast rituals for half the normal component cost.
Poison: Forests, swamps, jungle
Fire: Mountains, volcanoes, badlands
Cold: Rivers, lakes, oceans, waterfalls, artic regions
Force: Deserts, canyons, grassland, and other arid regions
Necrotic: Graveyards, mausoleums, other locations relating to death or undeath
Radiant: Cities, shrines, temples to the gods

Hylian Knight

Prerequisite: Hylian Heritage feat
Benefit: You gain proficiency with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, longbows, all boomerangs, slings, and light shields. When you are wielding a shortsword, longsword, or bastard sword and using a shield, you gain a +2 feat bonus to damage rolls. The bonus increases to +4 at 11th level, and +6 at 21st level.
In addition, you may use the following at-will powers in place of a melee basic attack: Guiding Strike (Bard), Resolute Shield (Fighter), Nimble Strike (Ranger), Greenflame Blade (Swordmage),

Mark of Courage [Dragonmark]

Prerequisite: Hylian Heritage feat, Con 13
Benefit: Once per day, when you roll initiative at the start of combat, you may spend a healing surge. Instead of regaining hit points as normal, you are brought up to maximum hit points, and gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of the first round of combat.
In addition, you can cast rituals of the Exploration category, even if you don't have the Ritual Casting feat.

Mark of Wisdom [Dragonmark]

Prerequisite: Hylian Heritage feat, Wis 13
Benefit: Once per day, when you roll initiative at the start of combat, you may spend a healing surge. Instead of regaining hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to twice your wisdom modifier, and all your attacks on the first round of combat gain the radiant keyword.
In addition, you can cast rituals of the Warding and Deception categories, even if you don't have the ritual caster feat.

Mark of Power [Dragonmark]

Prerequisite: Gerudo Heritage feat, Str 13
Benefit: Once per day, when you roll initiative at the start of combat, you may spend a healing surge. Instead of regaining hit points, all creatures in a close burst 20 are knocked prone, and you gain a power bonus to damage rolls equal to your Strength modifier for the first round of combat.
In addition, you can cast rituals of the Creation and Transmutation categories, even if you don't have the ritual caster feat.
After reading a little more about Bloodlines, I went ahead and added the Zora bloodline you'd posted earlier. But since I'm having trouble finding examples similar to what you've got - mostly because I can only find the dhampyr bloodline stuff in the Dragon Annual - I had a few questions and ideas about the other bloodlines you've posted, Chameleon; mostly, I just want to be sure they aren't overpowered - so try not to feel like I'm ripping into you, because I'm not trying to. (Also, it's cool to see you contributing again! ^_^)

Gerudo Heritage: Should it be both Thievery AND Acrobatics, or Thievery OR Acrobatics? Asking because your Hylian Heritage feat is an OR. I'm also thinking of maybe moving the Whirling Leap into this category, instead of the extra non-feat-type skill bonus, which could then be its own feat.

Agile Marauder: I'm thinking this should be exclusive versus Gerudo's Guard, have its own little power description, and replace a utility like Gerudo Guard does. I'm also kinda worried that the "no penalty for thievery" thing might be too much. Maybe as its own Paragon or Epic feat.

Hylian Heritage: I like this, except for Telepathy. Partially because the only telepaths in Hyrule I can think of are the Sages, and sometimes Zelda, both of whom have training in magic; partially because I don't know how powerful that is compared to other racial properties, but it feels a little crazy.

Hylian Knight: I think that's waaaay too many weapon proficiencies for one feat. And also way too much power behind those at-wills. I'd argue, let them get proficiency with one of those weapons (make it an OR list), and allow them to replace one of their at-wills (not their melee basic) with one of those powers listed. But I do like the flavor.

Mark of (X): Maybe make them all have a Prereq of Hylian Heritage OR Gerudo Heritage OR Deku/Goron/Zora? I know canonically they're split as you have them, but this way it opens it up to more possibilities on the part of a DM. And while the ritual access probably isn't overpowered, maybe make the rituals thing an OR with the Martial Power 2 martial 'rituals'? I'd have to look into specific rituals that might come up for each to see if maybe we should just limit them to a "once per day do This Ritual Here for free".

Mark of Courage: Full HP is way too powerful, but perhaps gaining Resist All 5/10/15, along with the +2 to Attack Rolls - which should still give you the effect you're looking for. Maybe make the Plus To Attack 2/4/6? 

Mark of Power: Holy cow that's crazy. The power bonus to damage is fine, but the "knock everyone down" is more likely something Ganon can do because he's a Solo boss, even if the in-game reason is that he has the Mark of Power.

Whew. Lots of stuff. But again: Thanks! 
Gerudo Heritage: It's mostly because not everyone in Hyrule knows about the Goddesses, or about the history of Hyrule, so I decided to give them an option, whereas all Gerudo (thus far) have been thieves, and acrobatic, thus I gave them both.

Agile Marauder: I don't really know what I was thinking with this one... now that I look back at it, it seems kind of unnecessary for the feat tree between Gerudo Heritage and Whirling Leap...

Hylian Heritage: The telepathy thing was something of an in-joke, refering to the fact that everyone in the game talks without moving their mouth, and they also occasionally refer to Link replying to them, even though we never actually get an indication that he's speaking. Then there's the part where things hover above Link's hand when he picks them out of chests, and such... but you can, of course, change it if it doesn't work for you.

Hylian Knight: Yeah, I actually had a better idea for this (see below).

Mark of (X): Yeah, I was thinking certain rituals would be better (especially since "exploration" coves so many rituals), but I was being lazy at the moment.

Mark of Courage: I was mainly going on the scene in OoT where Link confronts Ganon and his health is automatically refilled after the Triforces resonate. May you could just cut it down to, "You spend a healing surge and add xd6 + your Con mod to the hit points regained" plus the damage bonus.

Mark of Power: I figured this was overpowered. Again, it was based on OoT where the first move of the battle was to knock down the floor. But anyway, you could replace that with something else, I suppose...

Anyway...

Hylian Hero Initiate [Lesser Style]

Prerequisite:  Fighter or Ranger, proficiency with any bow or boomerang OR any one-handed heavy blade, and light shields
Benefit:You gain a +2 feat bonus to Athletics checks.

When you are wielding a one-handed heavy blade and using a shield, OR wielding a bow, a slingshot, or boomerang, and you attack with a power associated with this feat, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

Associated powers: Resolute Shield (Dragon 382), Tide of Iron (PH), Nimble Strike (PH), Hit and Run (PH)

[note: The associated powers may change once I get access to MP2]

Hylian Hero Swordmaster [Greater Style]

Prerequisite: Fighter, Hylian Hero Initiate feat
Benefit: When you are attacking with a one-handed heavy blade and using a shield, you gain the following two benefits. When you are at full hit points, you may make melee basic attack against a target within 5 squares of you, and the attack deals radiant damage. This benefit applies only to actual melee basic attacks, not powers that can be used in place of them. In addition, you may use a power associated with this feat in place of a melee basic attack when charging.

Associated powers:
Lunging attack Lv 1 (MP)
Sweeping Blow Lv 3 (PH)
Entrapping Shield Lv 13 (MP)
Maneuvering Assault Lv 23 (Dragon Annual 2009)
Cruel Reaper Lv 27 (PH)

Hylian Hero Sharpshooter [Greater Style]

Prerequisite: Ranger, Hylian Hero initiate
Benefit: When you are attacking with a bow, a slingshot, or a boomerang, you gain the following two benefits. When you miss with a power associated with this feat, you may reroll the attack roll against a different target within range of the power, and adjacent to the target you missed. In addition, you may use strength instead of dexterity when making ranged attacks with a power associated with this feat.

Associated Powers:
Evasive Strike Lv 1 (PH)
Hunter's Shot Lv 7 (MP)
Triple Shot Lv 17 (PH)
Dazing Volley Lv 23 (MP)
Hail of Arrows Lv 27 (PH)

The Hylian Hero style? Yoink. I love it, it's on my page now.

As for the Marks of Power/Wisdom/Courage, I took a look at the Dragonmarked feats in the Eberron book, and came up with this. Tell me what you think.

Haven't done anything with the Gerudo/Hylian bloodline stuff yet. >.>

I think they're a bit underpowered, honestly.

For the MoC: Two rituals is way too few. I'd expand the list, or just add, "You can cast rituals which have Bard as a prerequisite, even if you aren't a Bard."

MoP looks fine.

MoW is also pretty weak. I'd add something like, "You are fluent in Supernal", and/or "you gain a +3 feat bonus to wisdom-based skill checks". I'd look at the Mark of Scribing for a comparisen, since this would be something along those lines, thematically.
Edited them as per your suggestions - added Bard prereq rituals for Courage, while keeping the two that were in there (because, IIRC, they aren't Bard prereq'd), and the Wisdom mark gained Supernal and, potentially, Hylian.

Starting to think Feats may need to be their own page, it's gotten so big. That's a good thing. ^_^
Edited them as per your suggestions - added Bard prereq rituals for Courage, while keeping the two that were in there (because, IIRC, they aren't Bard prereq'd), and the Wisdom mark gained Supernal and, potentially, Hylian.

Starting to think Feats may need to be their own page, it's gotten so big. That's a good thing. ^_^

Yeah, I can always toss out more feats if you feel like adding them. For example:

Shiekah Heritage [Bloodline]

Prerequisite: Human, Elf, or Half-Elf
Benefit: You gain training in Stealth, and a +2 racial bonus to Stealth checks. In addition, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls with powers with the Illusion, Necrotic, Charm, or Fear keywords, and a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against effects with those keywords.

Barrier Warden

Prerequisite: Shiekah Heritage
Benefit: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Will defense, and a +5 racial bonus to Insight checks made to penetrate illusions. In addition, you can cast rituals of the Warding and Deception categories, even if you don't have the ritual caster feat.

Sentinel of the Dark

Prerequisite: 11th level, Shiekah Heritage
Benefit: You gain resistance to psychic damage and necrotic damage equal to 5 + your Wisdom, Constitution, or Charisma modifier. In addition, when an ally adjacent to you makes a saving throw against an Illusion, Fear, Necrotic, or Charm effect, they gain your racial bonus to that saving throw.

Slip into Shadow

Prerequisite: 11th level, Shiekah Heritage
Benefit: You may replace any utility power of 12th level or higher with the "Slip into Shadow" power.

Slip into Shadow
You throw down a Deku Nut and vanish in a cloud of smoke.
Encounter • Shadow, Illusion, Teleportation, Zone
Move Action Close Burst 1
Effect: You become invisible until the end of your next turn, and then teleport your speed. The burst creates a zone of thick smoke that lasts until the end of your next turn. The zone is heavily obscured.
Figured I'd try my hand at something new...

Kokiri

Average Height: 3'4"-4'9”

Average Weight: 55-70 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Charisma or Dexterity, +2 Wisdom

Size: Small

Speed: 6 squares

Languages: Common, Elven, Hyrulian (if used)

Skill Bonuses: +2 Stealth, +2 Nature

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin..

Children of the Forest: You can shift through difficult terrain, as long as that terrain is caused by trees, vines, or similar natural growth.

Fairy Companion: You gain the Arcane Familiar feat for free, regardless of class prerequisites.  You may choose any Familiar from the following list, but may only have a single Familiar:  Muse Sprite (Dragon 382), Coure Attendant (Dragon 390), Moon Wisp (Dragon 382), Arcane Eye (Dragon 374), Arcane Wisp (Dragon 374).  Regardless of the Familiar chosen, the basuc form of the Fairy Companion is the same - that of a tiny, glowing fairy with gossamer wings.  You may take other Familiar feats to improve your Fairy Companion, even if you do not meet arcane class prerequisites

Guided Strike: You can use Guided Strike as an encounter power.

Guided Strike

Your fairy companion hovers by the enemy, pointing out weaknesses in its defenses.

Encounter

Minor Action

Target: One creature adjacent to your Fairy Companion

Requirement: Your Fairy Companion must be in active mode to use this power.

Effect: You and all allies gain a +2 bonus to attack the enemy until the end of your next turn.  Also, your next attack against the enemy before the end of your next turn deals an extra 1d6 damage.
Increase to + 2d6 damage at 11th level, and to + 3d6 damage at 21st level.
[/
quote]