Rewards general questions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

I could not find an FAQ fast enough so I'm posting here.

1. How many points does it take for a foil? 20?

2. How many points for a token? 5?

3. So I guess points roll over?

4. How do they gauge the amount of points I get per event?

5. How often do they sent out rewards?

Sorry for the amount of questions, I'm just getting back into magic and it's been like 3 years since I've played in an DCI event. My account/rating got re-activated and I was just looking around at "my rewards" page.

Thanks.

I could not find an FAQ fast enough so I'm posting here.

1. How many points does it take for a foil? 20?

yes.

2. How many points for a token? 5?

yes.

3. So I guess points roll over?

yes.

4. How do they gauge the amount of points I get per event?

1 per.

5. How often do they sent out rewards?

about 3 times per year in the past, but it's been slightly more often recently.  I'm not sure what's going on, maybe they're changing to more frequent mailings or perhaps they were just "shifting" the whole schedule around and will return to doing it 3 times a year.
MTG Rules Advisor since 2007-06-27. Amateur MTG rules nerd since forever. Download the official rules and more at wizards.com/magic/rules -[ IronMagus' New Marketplace Trade Thread ]- 100+ completed trades!

Just two quick questions regarding points.

1. Do you spend points or are they just accumulated. For example if I have 20 points and get a token then am I left with 15? Or if I have 20 I qualify for the token and for the foil?

2. I know rewards are prbly different from DCI points. But how many DCI pts do you accumulate at an FNM event (say 10ppl participating)?

Thanks.

For the player rewards you get 1 point per event which counts for both tokens and foils.

When you receive a shipment it will deduct points for the items you receive but will not influence the other.

So when you have 18 points you get 3 token sets leaving 3 points. And no foil leaving 18 points.

When the next shipment comes and you've played say 8 tournaments. Then you would have 11 points for tokens (2 sets then) and 26 points for a foil which you will then also receive (and leave 6 points remaining for the next foil)

Hope that clears things up.

Not sure what you mean by DCI points? Rating? That depends on your results from the matches played.