REORGANIZATION: Extended TC

43 posts / 0 new
Last post

So far I've discussed with mntwinsfan about what decks should remain in the TC; he came up with:

Zoo (Tralfamador)
Dredge
Affinity
Dark Depths (mntwinsfan)
Next Level Blue
Bant
Hypergenesis
Death Cloud (blackcat77)
Gifts
MWC

Now I'm deeply intimate with Extended, so I want to see what you guys think should stay in addition to those threads.

Also, I think it is important to remake threads each rotation because
-this will prevent confusion among newer players/members who can't distinguish between discussion pre/post-rot.
-give people opportunities for a chance in the limelight when they get to OP a DtB thread, which encourages forum participation in addition to boosting morale
-makes things feel generally clean and organized
so I would like to get volunteers to write primers for each thread.

The criterion for each DtB primer are detailed here. Each thread must have an OP as detailed there, no exceptions allowed.

Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump

Gifts decks and MWC decks are also potentially worthy, either of which I'd be happy to do.  Of the ones listed nothing leaps out at me, but I will do ones that no one claims after a while, if needed.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png

lol

NO LOTUS MUTHA ****IN' SHOPS BURN'T DOWN THE MUTHA ****IN' GENCON

Yeah, Gifts and MWC should be in. 

I can write a primer for Dark Depths if necessary, but I'd prefer if someone else did it.  I'd rather do MWC and let weevil take Gifts.

Do you guys think Thopter combo deserves a mention outside of Gifts? I have some lists that run the combo without gifts, but I don't know how strong they are.

Do you guys think Thopter combo deserves a mention outside of Gifts? I have some lists that run the combo without gifts, but I don't know how strong they are.

I don't think so, at least not until it performs at any tournaments.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png

It didn't really do anything at the PT, did it?  I say leave non-Gifts Thopter Combo out for now.

So I suppose I should rewrite the Death Cloud primer??

Since it has new match-up and such I guess that would be smart.

So I suppose I should rewrite the Death Cloud primer??

Since it has new match-up and such I guess that would be smart.

Do it.

Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
what about scapeshift, this years version of TEPS. Be sure to include, the diffirences between the zoo archetypes. (naya traditional, rubin style, domain).

EDIT: never mind that is already done

Have a Hilarious magic related story that you want shared? Send me a PM, and your story might be posted at

myblog

Is this ever gonna get done. This subforum is dead.

Wait till january when the extended season starts as of right now we're basing almost everything on on a few rounds of extended at worlds and other small tournaments.
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is this ever gonna get done. This subforum is dead.

My MWC primer should be done this weekend. 
As of Worlds, format seems to look like this:

--- Tier 1 ---
RGWu Baneslayer/Hierarch Zoo
Dredge
Dark Depths
Hypergenesis

--- Tier 1.5 ---
All-In Red
Thopter Foundry/Tezzerator
RGW Zoo
Gifts Combo-Control
Scapeshift
Bant
Martyr/MWC
Burn

These decks deserve threads in the Tournament Center. RGW and RGWu Zoo are very different decks, and should be treated as such.

I suggest we organize these by DtB (Tier 1) and DtW (Tier 1.5)
We need MWC, Hypergenesis, and Scapeshift to complete that list.
Deck Critique VCL
Show

I suppose I could do hypergenesis, since it's the simplest deck to play ever.  Except I don't actually know matchups and stuff, so it wouldn't be a great idea.  If no one else wants it I should be able to manage though.

I suppose I could do hypergenesis, since it's the simplest deck to play ever.  Except I don't actually know matchups and stuff, so it wouldn't be a great idea.  If no one else wants it I should be able to manage though.

Just do a bit of research on what you don't know. I'm sure you'll do a great job if you decide to do it.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
If someone can give me some tips on how to do it and make it look good, I can do the Affinity primer this weekend. (11/4-11/6).
If someone can give me some tips on how to do it and make it look good, I can do the Affinity primer this weekend. (11/4-11/6).

Just give a brief overview of the deck, some common card choices and explanations, and a few decklists.  Matchups are nice to have, too. 
Affinity doesn't really belong in the Tournament center, IMO. Only 3 people played it at worlds, and it loses hard core to the best deck out there, Zoo. It's also notoriously bad against combo, which the other 3 DtBs (Dark Depths, Hypergenesis, and Dredge) are.

This is coming from a former Affinity player, btw.
Affinity isn't a Deck to Beat, sure, but it is something you can expect to see once in a while.  Besides, where else you put it?  Deck Help, the land of "casual, budget, and noncompetitive" decks?

Do I need to design a banner?
Do you guys know any places I can look up MU's?
Is it okay to use the old threads, both here and on other sites, as a reference? (I don't mean plagiarism) 

Do I need to design a banner?
Do you guys know any places I can look up MU's?
Is it okay to use the old threads, both here and on other sites, as a reference? (I don't mean plagiarism) 

1) It's not necessary, but it will make your post so much easier on the eyes.

2/3) You can use whatever you find so long as you give credit to whatever helped you.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
This'll probably be my last question, but what tag do i give it? 
[Archetype]
[Primer]
[DtB]
[DtW]
This'll probably be my last question, but what tag do i give it? 
[Archetype]
[Primer]
[DtB]
[DtW]

Go with Archetype or Primer.  Your choice, really.  I'd lean towards Primer, especially if you have a lot of info.
Got it. Thanks y'all. 
Going to need another day or so. Thought I'd let you guys know.
I'm not the best at this, but could someone take up making Scapeshift? I really think that deck will have a powerful effect on Ext next to Tezz and Zoo.
Ha! 
Two weeks late, but it's done!
Sending a final draft to Royk for approval. 
The MWC primer is almost done.  I'll PM it to a few people I trust for some input. 
Dude, wheres my Hypergenesis thread?

But seriously, is someone working on that? :/
I am currently running: Standard: Infected Rock (BG Infect) Phylactery Beatdown (Mono Black) Legacy: Affinity Madness Vintage: UB Gorger

No one really cares enough to make it the deck is overly simple and has no following on the forum.

You could make it yourself of course but as of right now one cares enough to make it(besides you perhaps.)
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No one really cares enough to make it the deck is overly simple and has no following on the forum.

You could make it yourself of course but as of right now one cares enough to make it(besides you perhaps.)

I did say I would make it a while back even though I don't play it.  It should be really easy to make because of how simple it is, but I most admit I don't know all the different answer and SB cards they play, such as O-ring and toil of night and day...

I did say I would make it a while back even though I don't play it.  It should be really easy to make because of how simple it is, but I most admit I don't know all the different answer and SB cards they play, such as O-ring and toil of night and day...

You could make it but who would go to it is all I'm saying I don't think the forums have a well versed enough player to make a primer with all the answers and sideboard options and if we happend to have some one who is and lurks I'm not entirley sure who would go to the thread anyway.
89522235 wrote:
What about this new Better Boros deck that top 8'd PT Oakland? Seems super fast, and not a Jitte to be found. Flash in the pan?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Going to be moving out a bunch of this stuff.

Any one done any testing/would like to suggest what needs threads?
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Merfolk maybe? Looks like a couple decklists have done decent lately. I do remember Merfolk being one of the sickest decks in Coldsnap-Morningtide Standard.

"Black Lotus x4, Time Walk x4. and Mox Sapphire x4?, Maybe he is running the budget version"

[center]---Standard---[/center]

Eldrazi Green

:R: Red Deck Wins :R:

:G::W: Naya :W::G::R:

---Extended---

Red Deck Wins

Well Faries will be in extended, but will probably require a new thread to cull all the things that are not relevant anymore. RDW will probably be the same. Someone should make a Jund thread and maybe a doran/junk refresh. After that I have no idea how this metagames going to solidify.
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
UGR Junk seems to be doing well. guess bloodbraid elf into ancestral vision is just that good. Lark control also seems nice. i'm also seeing some reanimator decks that deck themselves, using narcomoebas en bloodghasts with dread return into iona, shield of emeria. overall, in the internet at least, the format isn't as wide open as some people predicted.
ive been seeing alot of different decks. Fae, Doran, Lark, Swans, Scapeshift, Jund, Bant, 5cc, RDW, Naya, Reanimator, Elves, UW control, merfolk, Warp World, Living End, just to name a few.
ive been seeing alot of different decks. Fae, Doran, Lark, Swans, Scapeshift, Jund, Bant, 5cc, RDW, Naya, Reanimator, Elves, UW control, merfolk, Warp World, Living End, just to name a few.

So basically Standard?
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Going to need Jund, RDW, WW, and Lark (?) threads.
Deck Critique VCL
Show