Mono-White Turbo-"Fog"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey everyone. First time poster here. Just wanting some opinions on my Extended Mono-White Turbo-"Fog" style deck. I just put it together in about 20 minutes, so I haven't made any major changes yet; it's still just my rough-cut. Any and all comments are appreciated.

4x Mana Tithe
4x Rebuff the Wicked
2x Lapse of Certainty
3x Faith’s Fetters
4x Path to Exile
3x Oblivion Ring
4x Holy Day
4x Pollen Lullaby
4x Angelsong
2x Luminarch Ascension
2x Martial Coup
2x Honor of the Pure
22 Plains

Once again, thanks for any and all comments.

S.U.N.

Although your decklist is decent for a turbofog deck extended isn't really the prime place to play turbo fog.  The format is ruled by fast combos, decks with powerful engines like gifts, and very fast, but resilient aggro decks.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png

Although your decklist is decent for a turbofog deck extended isn't really the prime place to play turbo fog.  The format is ruled by fast combos, decks with powerful engines like gifts, and very fast, but resilient aggro decks.

This.

If you're set on playing Turbo Fog, cut Mana Tithe, Lapse of Certainty, Rebuff the Wicked, and Honor of the Pure.  They aren't doing much for you at all.

What is your wincon?  What happens if some deck lays down a CotV at 1 then just beats face while you pray for pollen lullaby to flip into a holy day and not actually stop much?  Or if its wincon isn't creatures but a combo that doesn't care about combat?  You're then playing on a genius strategy of marshal couping to victory?

Cut the stupid fog part and play MWC.  Wrath/thenewWrath, PtE, ORing...

1 Emeria
1 Miren
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Arid Mesa
2 Marsh Flats
2 Misty Rainforest
5 Plains
1 Island
1 Snow-covered Plains
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Academy Ruins
3 Glacial Fortress

4 Gifts Ungiven
3 Wrath of God
2 Day of Judgment
4 Path to Exile
3 Oblivion Ring
2 Marshal Coup
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Ritual of Restoration

1 Yosei, the Morning Star
3 Baneslayer Angel
4 Kitchen Finks

Not finished, no SB.  But the important parts are there.  First Gifts should be for Ruins, Crucible, Ritual, anything else.  This will ensure you get a cruble out for your next Gifts, to grab Emeria, Miren, Yosei, and anything.  From here, you just locked your opponent out.  In the house of a W/u Control, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, especially against aggro or midrange decks.

57860688 wrote:
121183109 wrote:
57074928 wrote:
So when UR Delver came out to win a GP, did Christian Calcano email/call you and thank you personally, or was there just a mutual understanding?
Legitimately laughed at this...haha
No kidding. +1 internets for a hidden gem in the standard deck help.

What is your wincon?  What happens if some deck lays down a CotV at 1 then just beats face while you pray for pollen lullaby to flip into a holy day and not actually stop much?  Or if its wincon isn't creatures but a combo that doesn't care about combat?  You're then playing on a genius strategy of marshal couping to victory?

Cut the stupid fog part and play MWC.  Wrath/thenewWrath, PtE, ORing...

1 Emeria
1 Miren
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Arid Mesa
2 Marsh Flats
2 Misty Rainforest
5 Plains
1 Island
1 Snow-covered Plains
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Academy Ruins
3 Glacial Fortress

4 Gifts Ungiven
3 Wrath of God
2 Day of Judgment
4 Path to Exile
3 Oblivion Ring
2 Marshal Coup
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Ritual of Restoration

1 Yosei, the Morning Star
3 Baneslayer Angel
4 Kitchen Finks

Not finished, no SB.  But the important parts are there.  First Gifts should be for Ruins, Crucible, Ritual, anything else.  This will ensure you get a cruble out for your next Gifts, to grab Emeria, Miren, Yosei, and anything.  From here, you just locked your opponent out.  In the house of a W/u Control, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, especially against aggro or midrange decks.

I love the idea of this deck but that's all.  It needs green to be playable.  Your gifts package is shaky at best (life from the loam would be great).  STE makes a huge difference here.  Basically add green and cut a little of the fat (Marshal Coup is good in t2, I hear) but doesn't do it here.

Yeah... I've discussed this with both you and twins.  The lock is insane, but the deck is looking less and less consistant.  I'm gonna go back to the drawing baord.

57860688 wrote:
121183109 wrote:
57074928 wrote:
So when UR Delver came out to win a GP, did Christian Calcano email/call you and thank you personally, or was there just a mutual understanding?

Yup, have tinkered with the list for a while... and I hate playing it.  It's just so Johnny.

57860688 wrote:
121183109 wrote:
57074928 wrote:
Please remember that Extended Deck Help is the correct place to post deck critique threads.

I'll have this locked in the meantime; feel free to repost this there.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump