Millibot "Easybot" Is down

410 posts / 0 new
Last post

I regret to inform everyone that at this time Millibot "Easybot" Is down right now. Here is a link to his page with a brief discription of the events that occured today.

couchpotato.net/easybot/

I will admit I personally used hit bot software myself. And in no way did it have any malware as was discribed. Forums people go ahead and remove this if you may...... But everyone who uses the bots the botsoftware. The buyers of our cards have the potitional to lose out on there saved credit cause of the action of one. Which to me is a lucacris thought. I personally as a bot runner and also a person that buys cards and plays regularly was reather shocked. Also I might add pretty conveniant timing. Right before Zend Release online. But I digress. Please make your voices heard on forums also please read the site and you will understand everything that is happening thank you.

The timing of this is really suspect. It's been up for weeks, and right before a major release a complaint is filed?  I've used this bot for a few weeks and can attest that the software is kosher.  In fact, you can even decompile the bot software and see the guts yourself.  It's in Java, which is very convenient to decompile as you can see the actual code (not just bitcode).

Millibots was actually one of the better bot software available because it doesn't require the sole use of your client onyour computer. That's teh key right there.

I usually don't voice myself in matters that are better handled by the parties involved but I think I have to add to the discussion here.

Many people know me and besides being a regular player I also manage mtgoacademy.com.

The turn of events here is not only more then suspicious but having used the software myself and talked to the developer on many occasions I can attest his integrity. He is not only an amazing programmer but showed in several occasions that he can be trusted. His list of business accomplishments  make it highly unlikely that he is going to steal cards from an online game account.

I can understand that Wizards need to investigate but I hope that the issue is resolved soon as I would like to continue to use his service; and I am not alone.

Cheers,

Plejades

MTGO ACADEMY - Magic the Gathering Online Strategy, Articles, Videos, and Cards: The prime source for Magic the Gathering strategy.

http://www.mtgoacademy.com/

I have talked with David several times and he is completely legitimate as is his software.  I hope those at Wizards will reconsider the banning of his accounts so that we can continue to have access to the Millibot.

I also have been using the Millibots "Easybot" and was extremely disappointed today to find out that someone has filed a complaint against him and has gotten his accounts locked.  The experience of working with his bot system has been great so far, and these charges seem pretty ludicrous to me.

WOTC, please investigate this quickly... I'm confident that you'll find the complaints to be unfounded, and most likely will find them to be the work of a dirty competitor.  The designer of this bot has shown himself to be highly-credentialed, and has been very open about things.  I strongly encourage anyone who wants to follow this case to keep updated at the link that has already been given.  I'll post it again here, as the bot designer will be updating people at this site as things develop.

couchpotato.net/easybot/

Please please please get this resolved quickly!

I also was using Easy-bot, I don't typically ever post on the message boards because I find them a bit too spammy for my liking, however I felt I needed to voice my opinion as well. I have had many lengthy discussions with David, and in no way would I ever believe him to do something so petty as to hack his own beloved creation. The bots are stable, safe, and reliable.

However with that said, I really don't think that its His bots that are in question here and I think someone is maliciously attacking David and his bots due to general poor human behavior caused by greed, and envy. This however is just my opinion so take it how you will.

I really hope all works out for the best, David and his bots are a great asset to the MTGO Community.

Thank you

Doff

Naw this mofo jacked my cards,,,,i know its har d to belive cause its a really good bot and good guy and stuff but for the same reason he prob thinks he can get away with it....i know its true,....hope he never gets his accounts back for been a bad person,,,evil!!!!!Yell

I call utter BS.  Why in the world would he steal from some scrub when he stands to make alot of money in bot rentals with the best bot software available?

David has been extremely forward in this whole thing, and extremely open.  He has incredible credentials.  This whole thing just stinks of sour grapes or dirty business or both.

If you're making accusations like this you dang well better be able to back them up.

Naw this mofo jacked my cards,,,,i know its har d to belive cause its a really good bot and good guy and stuff but for the same reason he prob thinks he can get away with it....i know its true,....hope he never gets his accounts back for been a bad person,,,evil!!!!!

Wow this is really in bad taste for someone. Really I mean Really... Here were comming out with support. Also if you so say he stole your cards please contact me ingame. My user ID is stasisffxi. Also please tell me the easybot you supposedly ran. Cause really there are alot more users with alot of value in there collections. I really find this post in bad taste. This guy A) doesnt need to his creditials say that B) What he has accomplished in life and created. But wow thanks for the bad taste with this.

WOTC, I'm assuming you're reading this, or that you will eventually.  Please feel free to contact me directly to get my input on this situation.  My MTGO user name is Epilogue.  You have all my contact information, please feel free to contact me in-game, by phone, or by email.

I would be glad to share my experiences with this bot so far, and to vouch for David.  I will do anything I can to help him get back online as soon as possible.  I have had 3 fairly large accounts running under his bots.  If he was going to steal from someone, I'm guessing I would have been a good target since there was alot of value on my accounts.  The fact that my experience working with him has been perfect should mean alot.

Thank you.  I look forward to hearing directly from you about this, WOTC.

Epilogue

Before I say anything, I use this bot with all the confidence in the world. I would put MY reputation and collection on the line to say he wouldn't ever knowingly steal from anyone.

The person I believe to be the culprit was spamming auction room because he didn't understand how to set up EasyBot when the instructions were SO freakin' easy. He bugged David for nearly 2 weeks asking him how to set up the bot.. and when David's patience cracked, this kid went on a spamming spree claiming he stole from him. I approached David about a month or so ago asking him to make his bot public because I'm tired of using a bot that A) Requires OCR recognition and B)Is run by a bunch of thieves as it is. He has since helped me get into programming and has offered any help to further my knowledge.

So Wizards, If you want to persecute this guy on a claim with NO proof whatsoever. Consider me gone from your game, paper and digital.

+1 to the idea the wotc customer service is reactionary, ill-informed, slow to act/or impulsive depending on the way the wind is blowing. This is ridiculous.

Thats the thing that confuses me the most, why take down David as "guilty before proven innocent" when you let MTGOLibrary run amok over the boards, its the only available public bot right now. Dare I even go into the CBSbot catastrophe?

Ninjaedit :P fine

Lol So can we mention the name of bots in a thread if we are bashing them? Ya that seems fair. Oh Wait I think I might have just committed a thoughtcrime.

Wotc Customer Service IS Doubleplus good.

2 Minutes hate, go.

Lol So can we mention the name of bots in a thread if we are bashing them? Ya that seems fair. Oh Wait I think I might have just committed a thoughtcrime.

2 Minutes hate, go.

ROFL war... Well not even saying bot names but what else are we to call them cause its how there known..

2 Minutes hate, go.

ROFL war... Well not even saying bot names but what else are we to call them cause its how there known..

You're not allowed to call them anything. WotC will be deleting/heavily redacting this thread if any CS rep ever bothers looking at it.
4. Don't speak dumb, or you'll be struck dumb. Remember, the name of the game is heads I win, tails you lose.

+1 from me as well about customer service's knee-jerk reaction on this.  It just sucks when the MTGO community finally has a good-trustworthy bot being developed and then one dirty person cries scam and everything screeches to a halt.

The timing is awfully suspicious.  Zendikar goes fully on sale tomorrow.  It looks a hell of a lot like someone taking the competition out at the knees.  Makes me sick, and not only because I was a Millibot user who is going to be losing out on alot of buys and sells while this thing gets resolved.

I checked but I don't think I ever used any bot with this software so I can't really add anything.

2 Minutes hate, go.

You're not allowed to call them anything. WotC will be deleting/heavily redacting this thread if any CS rep ever bothers looking at it.

So just a quick question why then all over the forums do you see MTGOtraders. Considering there a "BOT" but at the same time we mention anouther. OMGWTFBBQ you cant say that. I can easly link every thread traders is mentioned in. And they are well known ok ill admit if you play MTGO you know them and know they run a bot with the same name..

FREE MILLI!!!!

btw, this is outrageous

Thanks for the support everyone =) it's up to WotC now... we'll see how it goes...

- David

I would also like to support David. I've run bots for years, starting with "Yatbot" and "Smarty" by you-know-who-else-google-it on v.2 and all the way up to here. There is NOTHING to suggest that EasyBot is fraudulent, by contrast, apart from these asburd allegations (and I'm not even going to mention who I think arranged these allegations).

The mere fact that WOTC treats people as guilty until proven innocent makes it very easy for other people (say, a bot software competitor) to make false accusations on someone. It is really a strange way of conducting an investigation, imagine how society would look like if this was the presumption.

I'm very happy to support David, WOTC you can find my contact information easily under this profile and are free to contact me anytime!

Br,

Vindicate

I don't have much input specifically for this bot, but knowing that he trust MTGO Library makes me question his integrity. As many know MTGO Library used to be Card Booster Shop a bot which was proven to contian malware and he even tried to steal from me using a clever scam. So again I repeat that I don't know this guy in particular, but his involvement with MTGO Library should make you question things. And please for the love all we need is one programmer to build one bot and maintain it and then everyone could have a bot that was safe and authorised by WotC and that could be the end of all this nonsence.

"Try to pretend like you understand what's important." Burning_Lotus Sig

I don't have much input specifically for this bot, but knowing that he trust MTGO Library makes me question his integrity. As many know MTGO Library used to be Card Booster Shop a bot which was proven to contian malware and he even tried to steal from me using a clever scam. So again I repeat that I don't know this guy in particular, but his involvement with MTGO Library should make you question things. And please for the love all we need is one programmer to build one bot and maintain it and then everyone could have a bot that was safe and authorised by WotC and that could be the end of all this nonsence.

He dont trust library. Please read. His Webpage. He wants to see them down. I know very few that trust them.

What a BS.

I had some tix ( in fractional tickets, of course ) on diverse Millibots, and now they are away... but that's not the worst thing. It's worse, that they offered good prices and a good service and now, they disappeared.

Very strange, that some former user's of CBS changed to Milli in the last few days, and now Milli is dead.

Guy behind CBS, step out of darkness and make a confessing.

Edit: @Burning Lotus: You know that Milli has stolen some of MTGOLibrarys customers, dont you?

Edit: Iceman, are you fault about this desaster? Sounds like it...

i just want to raise one (or two) issue(s) that you guys are missing.

1st of all, i was a happy customer for millibots and would like to continue dealing with them,

but i think he is violating Wizards Community Code of Conduct by using others' accounts (those rental bots are running in his premises by him).

another thing, that i'm not 100% sure, but i think he has reverse engineered MODO's trading API/protocol which is to my understanding another violation.

like i said, i'd like to see millibots coming back, but i'm a bit afraid that's not going to happen in the way it used to be yesterday...

I don't believe the way the bot is running is actually a violation.  He does not run the bot accounts on his premises.  They are run on a remote server in Washington state (David is also on the west coast but not in Washington).  As I understand it, we as bot users basically reserve space on this remote server so that we may log our accounts in from that location.

Feel free to correct me...

Larkmtg: On your second point, I'm not a programmer, so I couldn't say for sure, but I would think there are other, bigger, players out there, who might have been doing that for years without consequences..

Again, not sure what is under the hood, but if that poses an issue, I think some dealer-chains could be in for serious problems.

Br,

Vindicate

The inconvenience is a shame, but I'd rather Wizards act on these situations the neutralize potential problems while they investigate than simply let things run until they have indisputable proof.  It's not like this sort of action is common.  They're not out there knocking off bots every few days.  If this turns out to be a false alarm (and I really have no opinion one way or another), it's a shame for the interruption of business, but it's still better than potentially letting people get ripped off.  This is not a case of "guilty until proven innocent" any more than it is when people are put in jail prior to trial.  Better safe than sorry.

The bots were run by users on a remote server not by Milli himself. However, the choice should be left by the users where to run their accounts. Also he is accused of malware, which is not true at all since the installation and handling of the bot is double secured.

We all know this is just Economic warfare. Of course battled at user's expense who now lose their credits.

1st of all, i was a happy customer for millibots and would like to continue dealing with them,

but i think he is violating Wizards Community Code of Conduct by using others' accounts (those rental bots are running in his premises by him).

another thing, that i'm not 100% sure, but i think he has reverse engineered MODO's trading API/protocol which is to my understanding another violation.

like i said, i'd like to see millibots coming back, but i'm a bit afraid that's not going to happen in the way it used to be yesterday...

I don't believe the way the bot is running is actually a violation.  He does not run the bot accounts on his premises.  They are run on a remote server in Washington state (David is also on the west coast but not in Washington).  As I understand it, we as bot users basically reserve space on this remote server so that we may log our accounts in from that location.

Feel free to correct me...

Ok first thing is its not against the CoC or user agreement to access your account remotely from anywere which is what we were doing.

Also if he changed in anyway there trade process it would be detected by WoTC and would have been shut down alot sooner.

And so it begins, or rather continues as this thread is almost already afire.

To quote the classics:

The Creature: The world has rejected me! I hoped my father would not.
Victor Frankenstein: Im not your father!
The Creature: You made me what I am.

There are sooooo many stakeholders involved in this - the bot owners, the big players, the little people (read us)

This is a thread that may never end... lots of 2c pieces will be thrown in .

I was reading over this thread and everything seemed fine and straight forward until the part about all the accounts being run on a remote server.  Why did everyone fail to leave that little tidbit out until the last part? 

At the least it sounds like maybe he will have to change how he is doing business but if his only problem is running it on remote servers that shouldn't be too hard to fix. 

I will say the one time I had a problem with millibots I wrote the owner and even though he did not respond to me he did remove "mtgotraders" from his bot ads. 

One more little thing I would like to ask is why do these bot chains not have websites and contact information that are easy to find?  Contacting most bot owners is like pulling teeth.

PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.

Bot owners not bot Builders.

I have a contact Email based applet on my server so its very easy to contact me and i repond in most cases less then 24H

Heath, David was always easy to reach via mail for me and most users I know using his bots. I have talked to him a lot in the past and strongly believe he is trustworthy.

There are only a few people online so far I would trust enough to

1. Transfer money up front

2. Have access to log-in information

David has earned my trust in the past with clear communication, clean programming, and good customer service. I am pretty sure that reading his resume or LinkedIn profile (which he made publicly available before the incident) will convince everyone but the most bitter that it is highly unlikely he is involved in any kind of criminal activity. Him stealing online Magic accounts would compare to Bill Gates deciding to rob a local bank - it does NOT make any sense!

I understand that Wizards had to temporarily suspend his account and I don't blame them but the person that uses unethical practices to shut down a legitimate business and harm a lot of users that enjoyed using his software.

I am not going to blame anyone for plotting this as I believe that you are innocent unless proven guilty; I hope we keep this important principle in mind for everyone...

I wish EVERYONE that is doing honest business only the best.

I really hope that MTGO remains a place where we can have fun playing, trading and chatting without being exposed to evil schemes and backstabbing approaches.

Cheers

MTGO ACADEMY - Magic the Gathering Online Strategy, Articles, Videos, and Cards: The prime source for Magic the Gathering strategy.

http://www.mtgoacademy.com/

Ith: Its fine if they act on it if they have PROOF. There is nothing but accusations without proof.

Naw this mofo jacked my cards,,,,i know its har d to belive cause its a really good bot and good guy and stuff but for the same reason he prob thinks he can get away with it....i know its true,....hope he never gets his accounts back for been a bad person,,,evil!!!!!Yell

dude you have no cards even before the allegations. your collection is like a pre-constructed deck he has no reason to steal it at all and did not. you are a little mad spammer is all.

2 Minutes hate, go.

war you know better...it is crimethink in newspeak of course and WotC from here on will be referred to as thinkpol using newspeak of course.

why even bother deleting/moderating posts when we can all just use newspeak and have no crimethink in the first place eh?

bet WotC err thinkpol would agree. i do think they can become gooder and while not the goodest  some things they do are ungood.

we should all keep in mind a goodthinkful attitude.

Jun 19, 2010 -- 10:50PM, JaketheLate wrote: have you ever SEEN Yoked Plowbeast!? It's totally BROKEN!!!11ONEONEONE It has five power AND it cycles!!111ELEVEN You can either get rid of it early, or play it lategame for a serious ****ing beatdown; it's ****ING NUTS!!111ELEVENONEONEONE

Ith: Its fine if they act on it if they have PROOF. There is nothing but accusations without proof.

Actually that's not fine. they need to act first (shut it down) then investigate. If they then maintain it without proof shame on them.

I was reading over this thread and everything seemed fine and straight forward until the part about all the accounts being run on a remote server.  Why did everyone fail to leave that little tidbit out until the last part? 

At the least it sounds like maybe he will have to change how he is doing business but if his only problem is running it on remote servers that shouldn't be too hard to fix. 

I will say the one time I had a problem with millibots I wrote the owner and even though he did not respond to me he did remove "mtgotraders" from his bot ads. 

One more little thing I would like to ask is why do these bot chains not have websites and contact information that are easy to find?  Contacting most bot owners is like pulling teeth

Heath as much as I respect your involvement in the community through PRE's and I've even shopped through you a couple times...."These bot chains" I'm sorry, not all bot owners can throw money into a well developed website, although, if you OPEN TRADE with his bot chain, his email is quite obvious and he's almost always on between 8pm-1am Eastern. I have chatted with him casually almost every day for the past 3-4 weeks. I asked him for a feature, it was implemented either within the hour, or the next day. Every person that frequents auction has seen his advertisements and probably asked him questions regarding the bot.

Actually that's not fine. they need to act first (shut it down) then investigate. If they then maintain it without proof shame on them.

You mean I can run down to washington and claim the President came and stole something out of my house and have washington investigate it when I don't have so much as a picture? Ok. I'll let you know what happens after I get done getting beaten by the secret service and locked up in a looney bin.

We will never know one way or the other. Debate on this is pointless as only WotC has all the information and we will only get half the story at best.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that the only other time WotC directly intervened due to this kind of issue it was completely deserved.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Sign In to post comments