Lords of Creation 3 (OOC + Recruitment)

845 posts / 0 new
Last post

LoC3: Lightvoid
Note:  Ascension Rules Change 3/4/10.  See Below.

"Lords of Creation” is one of the most addictive forum games you’ll ever encounter. You might recall one of the earlier versions, played on these boards and the 3.5 boards. If you saw it and wanted to join but the collective history was too daunting, fear not; now is your chance. This is a play-by-post cooperative world-building game in which the players take on the role of gods, with the full powers and influence thereof. The goal of this is to produce a campaign world complete with history, pantheon, geography, races, creatures, and anything you could possibly imagine. One of the best elements is that the world is entirely organic; ancient wars, cultural growth, and divine conflicts are actually the result of warring interests, rather than being pulled whole cloth from a single person’s imagination. This provides diversity that you just can’t find anywhere else. And of course, we have a LOT of fun along the way. To facilitate play and later use, we also have a wikia where game information (such as homebrew races, maps, classes, etc) will be posted: loclightvoid.wikia.com/wiki/Lords_of_Cre...

You can find the basic rules here: loclightvoid.wikia.com/wiki/Intro_and_Ru...
And we also ask that you read these basic guidelines: loclightvoid.wikia.com/wiki/Guidelines

There is also a group for the game, which hosts in-world PbPs, discussions and important news broadcasts: community.wizards.com/lordsofcreation 

Finally, many of us chat on and off about the game or other random things at

www.mibbit.com/chat/

Room LoC.

Weekly Resets of PP artifacts and Exarchs will occur at 11:59 PM EST SATURDAY NIGHT
DAILY PP accumulation occurs at 11:59 PM EST.

Currently the Admins (and their gods) of the game are: 

ff6shadow: Lohak 
Topheh: Grawlf
Aradeia: Cru (Inactive)
Moondoggy: Sonel (Inactive at the moment) 

Currently the Players (and their gods) of the game are:
Mechalibur: Zo-Att  (Inactive)
AnubisDread: The Silent One
shadowhntr7 : Brinn
Veok: The Sculptor
Aldii: Maibe (Inactive)
Nerdzul: Eshcal
Ekluag: Shry 
Aboleth11: Ymalos
Chapien:Sku'byss  (Inactive)

Inactive Players Not having posted in two weeks will place you on this list. If you have found yourself on this list, you will no longer be included in the weekly PP information post. Simply PM an admin when you return, and resume play as normal. You will return to the active list as soon as we see you posting again.
MatthewSwift: Lizt
ArenTrel: Kouru
LordManshoon: Sorstal 
DarkLotusBorn: Avalokama
Lord_Ventnor: Khitis
AngeloftheNight: Nenneve

Wizdude: Hulzeddim

Dead Gods These are the gods that have died for one reason or another. They are incapable of returning without the original player agreeing, as well as passing it by an admin. 
Aradeia: The Sisters,  Cru (stop killing your gods off already!)

Retired Players
These are players who have been forced to quit for one reason or another. Their gods may or may not return to active play. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR JOINING THE GAME

If you are interested in playing, please post your interest in this thread here and PM one (or more) of the admins, and fill out the form below.  An admin will let you know when you can post.

Name
Domain
Physical Appearance
Symbol

Here is the first of the four starter gods.

Name: The Three Sisters 

Domain: Time

Physical Appearance: At first, this god takes the form of three incorporeal voices, though if a visual is absolutely necessary, they take the form of three orbs of light. Once creatures are created, the Three Sisters may take the form of three females of any species.

Symbol: Three birds of any type.

As a starting god, I'll post mine up now.

Name: Grawlf
Domain: Knowledge
Physical Appearance:  A large floating eye, hazel iris, slightly oval pupil (sort of cat-like, if a comparison must be drawn).
Symbol: An eye staring out from an open book. 

Name: Lohak
Domain: Creation
Physical Appearance:  None
Symbol: None

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

(I am not a mod, but somehow I ended up being one of the starting gods. Destruction isn't necesarily the domain I wanted, but hey, that means less competition for darkness Wink)

Name: Zo-Att
Domain: Destruction
Appearance: A purple mist forming a long tendril. The "front side" has two orbs of white light that look like eyes.
Symbol: A shattered five-sided star. The shards are put next to eachother in order, so it still retains a star shape.

Resident generic resident.

I'm pretty sure you all know this bye now, but I'm interested.  As for god concepts, I know they're irrelevant this time around, but I'd be interested in trying to play a non-malevolent god of Undeath.  If anyone wants to ascend me, that'd be cool. :P

See how things turn out, but remember, players cannot ascend a specific player.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

In that Case, I hereby inform the Admins that I am interested in being a part of LotC 3.

Aldii, you don't post a god or domain. You simply need post that you wish to be added to the waiting list. Nothing more.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

Ofc I'll be interested,

For a domain I was thinking (but of course that is irrelevant in the current incarnation of the rules), about death, spirits, darkness, life or fire (yes I have a quite broad range of choice).

Actually, it is a good idea to have a list of the domains that you would like, so we know what the popular ones might be.

Interested.

I was looking to death myself, but I don't think I will be beating anyone to the punch with this ascension system.

yes also it could be nice at the beginning of the game to have a list of domains that are going to come into existence in a short time, like a week or so... (so that ppl can organize and maybe decide to wait a little and not to rush in their choices of domains).

Also it might be fair to send the pm on a "neutral" hour to allow ppl that lives in different time zones than the usa to partecipate in the "selection" (Shameless self promotion as I don't live in the usa myself but I think I'm not alone hehe). 

I would like to play as a Goddess of the Sun or one of the other larger celestial bodies such as the Moon or the stars.
Fire, Light, Dragons, Energy and Magic is also things that I would be interested in.

I'm alive, and I'm interested in this game.

Edit: Forgot the domain list.  I'll add on more if I remember more.

Domains I like: Accidents, Learning, Adaptation, Synergy. 

The first two are my favorites, though.

Ok, in a misunderstanding I accidentaly posted a god of Creation on the wiki. Ignore it, please. For domains, I would look at creation (duh), light, darkness, life. I see a god of Destruction will be created on the first turn, so in the interests of a sort of cosmic balance, a Creation god, should be created also. Not necessarily me, but it makes sense to have that sort of balance.

Chapien want in. Add me to waiting list. Yes, yes! Fast!

I'm interested as well, though I'm completely new to this.

I was hoping to go for a god of the forge with a disciplined bend (metalworking, endurance, and/or meditation). I hope things work out well enough.

My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)

I'm interested as well, though I'm completely new to this.

I was hoping to go for a god of the forge with a disciplined bend (metalworking, endurance, and/or meditation). I hope things work out well enough.

Trust us, we look forward to having new players.

I napped through the last one, so I'm going to have to try and remind everyone I'm still electric. Sign me up.

Hey everyone - I'm definitely interested in playing. I think I'm already on the waiting list, but I'm not sure.

Domains I like, in no particular order:

Cities, Underground/The Underworld, Murder, Vengeance/Hatred, Transformation/Shapeshifting/Change/Growth/Birth, Madness, Flight/Birds, Storms, Insects, Blades/Sharpness, Language

I am definitely interested.

Name: Latholaneau
Domains:
Moderate- Arcane Arts
Lesser- Mysteries
Description: Latholaneau is described as an old wizard from the far towers of Eyuth. He has been studying the Arcane Arts for his entire lifetime. He has discovered the full potential of these wonders and started to delve deep into Pantheon lore and decided to use his arts to reach the heavens. He had claimed to have spoken with the gods and created his own pantheon- one that he could use to grant prosperity to the people and furhter spread his learnings to others interested in the Arcane Arts.
Symbol: A Wizard's Staff is the most popular symbol amongst his followers. He also carries around a diamond anklet from his first time acquiring Arcane lore. This had become his most cherished and sacred artifact to date even before his pantheon had grown. In turn, the symbol for Latholaneau has been a rough line with a diamond facet on the top of the line- indicating a wooden wizard's staff with his diamond jewel on the top.

The domains are in fact suggestions for Latholaneau. Something along the lines of Arcane magic is fine.

Resident Paladin of Insane Imaginations

PbP Haven Group (Relocated) & My Groups
If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Heroes' Last Stand; Worlds Abroad; City of Ruins
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Fable [4e] (Karinna, Dragonborn Warlord -- Lv. 1)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)
City of Ruins [Kobold City] (Karnat Lightsoul, Kobold Cleric -- Lv. 1)
City of Ruins [Frozen Citadel] (Xeadin, Human Paladin -- Lv. 1)

Mirthomir (Enara Harpsong, Eladrin Wizard -- Lv. 1)
Last Breaths of Ashenport (Malkary Runestone, Goliath Runepriest -- Lv. 8)
D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

D&D Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Xeadin- please read the first post for the new way we're doing things.

Edit:  Ah, nevermind... you're just jumping the gun a little bit  All is well.

Everyone-  I've been experimenting with various approaches to examine connections between races and nations.  Take a look at how LoC2's nations were connected at the end of the game!

community.wizards.com/lordsofcreation/bl...

I am interested in this as well
Name: Amora
Domain: (in order of preference) Love, passion, fertility, peace
Physical Appearance: Often depicted as a woman somewhere between twenty to fifty and constantly beautiful in so many ways. Her form is always influx from race to weight to hair color and length and all other physical aspects as she tries to reflect what others percive as beautiful.
Symbol: A mask of any kind with heart shapes cut out for the eyes.

I'm down.

THings I would be interested in are Magic/Invention/Alchemy/Artifice, as well as Air/Lightning/Storms

Bring Gleemax Back. Even as a failure, it was better than this. http://community.wizards.com/durdur

I'm in of course, it'll be great to play again, especially in the early stages since I came in so late last time. As for a domain wish list, I suppose Nature, Aberrations, Air, Slaughter, Constructs/Technology and Insects would all be cool domains to have... not all on the same god though obviously, they'd have to have schizophrenia or something Tongue out

You wouldn't have become interested in insects because of the Krukicks would you...?:P

Nah, came up with the idea for an insect god a while ago... though I do admit they may have played a part in rekindling the interest Wink

A god of insects would be a cool and interesting god... Swordwings qualify as insects as well...

I think that the domain of Magic is starting to become popular... just my observations so far... maybe Magic might be a little broad... Magic could be divided into more specific domains, like Arcane, Alchemy, Divine, things like that. My assumptions could be wrong at the same time...

If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Arcane and Divine are already divided.

Missed the last one, and this looks like a fun game.

Is there a need for a Weather God? 'Cause I'd be totally into that.

Topheh- Just as a heads up, when I clicked on the "Intro and rules Overview" link on the first post, several viruses tried to infect my computer. I'm so glad it still had Firewall...

Not that it would be your fault, I'm just giving everyone a heads up.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Well, that is concerning.  I certainly haven't seen anything of the sort.  Anyone else had that happen? Wikia should be a fairly secure site... or at least the background architecture should be.

Well, that is concerning.  I certainly haven't seen anything of the sort.  Anyone else had that happen? Wikia should be a fairly secure site... or at least the background architecture should be.

I've tried it on two different computers. Both were smooth sailing with no viruses.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)

Thanks  It might be a specific AV/firewall issue.  What do you use, Xeadin?  And do you have similar problems with other wikias, like the old one?  lordsofcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Lords_of_...

Important last minute rule change:  We're doing away with the 4PP superior domain classification.  Originally we had thought that adding an additional tier would allow for more room in actually delineating domains so we don't get a lot of things bunched together in 'lesser domains', but aside from a few examples (life/creatures/dragons/red dragons being one of them), we had issues coming up with such fine levels of gradation for most sets of domains... (air, weather, wind, zephyr?  knowledge, communication, language, common?)

So, back to the old familiar greater/moderate/lesser system.  Superior spawn and mold actions still remain, though.

GAH! I've been checking here during all my classes, waiting for the Big Bang! The Suspense is driving me insane!!!

Heh.  Just waiting for Aradeia to get finished with her own classes and we will begin.  Likely in the next few hours.

Ara, so... your sisters.  Clotho, Lachesis and Susan?

Eh, nah.  Clotho, Susan and Atropos.  Lachesis is a boring name.

Susan, Bob, and Laura Tongue out

This cosmos needs more upheaval.

Just sayin'

Bring Gleemax Back. Even as a failure, it was better than this. http://community.wizards.com/durdur

Thanks  It might be a specific AV/firewall issue.  What do you use, Xeadin?  And do you have similar problems with other wikias, like the old one?  lordsofcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Lords_of_...

Nope- that was the only link I had problems with. All others are fine. I'm using OneCare from Qwest.

20 viruses... Maybe someone out there in cyberspace wired that link to send spyware... it was that TrojanHorse virus that tried coming in.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)