Power Stat Blocks

64 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've been working to build the perfect power stat block on the forums.  It isn't really perfect, but I dare say it's close (thanks to Qube and AbdulAlhazred for more perfectionizing).

Power NameClass Attack/Utility Level
Flavor Text.
Usage ♦ Power Source, Keywords
Action Type - Area Range
Target: Targets
Attack: Attribute vs. Defense
Hit: Text
Level 21: Text.

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range
Special: Text.

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range
Effect: Text.

Item NameLevel #+
Flavor Text.
Level +Bonus Price
Level +Bonus Price
Level +Bonus Price
Weapon/Implement/Armor: Type
Enhancement: Rolls applied to
Critical: Effects on a critical
Property: Text.
Power (Usage): Action. Trigger: Text if any Effect: Text if any
Level Range: Effect at that level

New Format (MM3 and Beyond)

Monster nameLevel X Role
Size origin type (keyword, keyword)XP number
HP X; Bloodied X; Initiative +X
AC X; FortitudeX, Reflex X, Will X, Perception +X
Speed X, alternate movement X; Senses
Immune Immunity; Resist Resistance X, Resistance X
Vulnerable Vulnerability X, Vulnerability X
Saving Throws +X; Action Points X
Traits
Trait Name (keyword) ♦ Area X
Description of Trait
Standard Actions
Power Name (keyword) ♦ At-Will / Encounter / Recharge  
Attack: Attack Type Range (targets); +X vs. Defense
Hit: Damage and on-hit effect.
Effect: Automatic effect.
Miss: Damage and on-miss effect.
Minor Actions
Triggered Actions
Trigger: Triggering action.
Skills Skill +X, Skill +X

Str score (+X)Dex score (+X)Wis score (+X)
Con score (+X)Int score (+X)Cha score (+X)
Alignment alignment Languages languages, telepathy X
Equipment equipment

Old Format (MM1 through MM3)

Monster nameLevel X Role
Size origin type (keyword)XP number
Initiative +X
Senses Perception +X; special senses
Aura Name (Keyword) aura X; effect
HP X; Bloodied X
AC X; Fortitude X, Reflex X, Will X
Saving Throws +X
Speed X
Action Points X
Power Name (action, at-will/encounter / recharge ) Keyword(s)
Reach; range, area or targets; attack bonus vs target defense; effect. Miss: effect (if any). Secondary attack or effect.

Alignment alignmentLanguages languages

Equipment equipment

Class Name
Corny class quote

CLASS TRAITS
Role: Role Name. Description of role and method by which the class fulfills said role.
Power Source: Power Source Name. Description of the classes use of power source.
Key Abilities: Ability, Ability, Ability
Armor Proficiencies: Armor proficiencies
Weapon Proficiencies: Weapon proficiencies
Implement (Optional): Implement, Implement
Bonus to Defense: +X Defense, [+X Defense, +X Defense]
Hit Points at 1st Level: (10,12,15,17)+ Constitution Score.
Hit Points per Level Gained: (4,5,6,7)
Healing Surges per Day: X+ Constitution Modifier.
Trained Skills: Automatic Skill. From the class skills list below, choose X trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Skill (Mod), Skill (Mod), Skill (Mod), Skill (Mod), Skill (Mod)
Build Options: 1st Build, 2nd Build
Class features: Feature, Feature, Feature

Just hit the Quote button and select a power block.  Then you can copy and paste it into your own burgeoning class.  If you need help, I'll go over the slight bit of HTML you'll need to know to manipulate these.  If that's too much of a bother (and there's nothing wrong with it being a bother) follow this link to Qube's website, where you can create statblocks without using your HTML-fu.

Of note, Firefox users!  You're going to need to hit "Quote" and then the "HTML" button.  Then copy the relevant section of HTML.  Hint: It starts with < table >

Resident Shakespeare

<3

Someone needs to sticky this! NOW!!!

58292718 wrote:
I love Horseshoecrabfolk. What I love most about them is that they seem to be the one thing that we all can agree on.
See for yourself, click here!

I second this! Excellent work!
Long Live Dragonlance and the Nexus! I still want an athasian nightmare beast and a warforged dragon mini! "Look, Meat, I'll tear your face off, rip your throat out and eat what's left-because that's what I do to food like you." ~Thrikreen Intimidation Tactic.
My Custom 4th edition Content (New Content:2)
* My Personal 4e Darksun Material found below: Updated Weapon Options. (critical impact, repair, salvage) http://www.4shared.com/document/bMZK2PNy/Updated_Optional_Darksun_Weapo.html 4th edition Athasian Sloth v1.2 (includes three monster write ups and a new disease) http://www.4shared.com/document/lj561SRh/4th_edition_Athasian_Sloth_v10.html 4th edition Athasian Flailer v1.0 http://www.4shared.com/document/JGi9PqSe/4th_edition__Athasian_Flailer_.html

I posted a request on the VLC request thread

edit: question: are they usable on the wiki and/or on blogs ?

edit: (test for post 56)

Item Name Level # Rarity
Flavour Text
Item Slot: slot#### gp
Property: property
Power (Usage ♦ Keywords): action. Trigger: trigger. Effect: effect.
Special: special
Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - Stone Gaint

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
who am I kidding? my ego would never fit in a box

It might be just me (using chrome) but the colored bar is half the width of the others, is that wrong?

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

I get the same thing on Firefox.

Corriver's Lantern - a D&D blog featuring the Frozen Over Campaign Setting. I am not anonymous. I am Colin B. Schaeffer.

me to (firefox) ... let me test some thing ...

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range

this is how far my html-fu brings me ...

Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box

me to (firefox) ... let me test some thing ...

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range

this is how far my html-fu brings me ...

There, did away with the little ugly gaps between table cells. I think that's pretty good overall.

That is not dead which may eternal lie

Interesting.  I haven't been able to view the blocks from any browser other than IE.  I had no idea that little space showed up.  I'll replace that nice one in the original Opening Post.

Edit: Also, and Item stat block.  Just for the love.

Resident Shakespeare

Theoretically they should be usable on a wiki, as it's pure HTML code.  I don't know if blogs accept HTML code, but if they do, they should also accept the blocks.
Resident Shakespeare

Theoretically they should be usable on a wiki, as it's pure HTML code.  I don't know if blogs accept HTML code, but if they do, they should also accept the blocks.

I'm pretty sure they will work on the wiki, not sure about the blogs.

Thanks for these, they do come in handy. If you want some for other stuff, like monsters, I've got some though they do lack a few things like the attack type symbols. I assume there is a gallery SOMEWHERE that has the attack type symbol graphics, but not sure exactly where it is... Oh, I also have one for traps and one for artifacts.

Zammm has some icons here .

6277ef60c42ea4aeab7d0c98ec5a6f53.gif?v=256  d1a09ee0d526b782dad3efecfc1138d6.gif?v=256  abe818117a2b597a21e30d2b31c94ee3.gif?v=256  9360be82410a6db1559dffae16674e40.gif?v=256  ef37b85b378daf8aea351a3965c79839.gif?v=256  a459aa823c5057375efc948c3cc9fa85.gif?v=256  fa13ba1a08ab969cec99f72f5a6671c9.gif?v=256  3cd153b473c02f239a08677feba21575.gif?v=256  02a6b84874541f8b9d6453841fb61a07.gif?v=256  faf2ef5d484949a6634734241184ee61.gif?v=256  fd79c16acfdd5a782c9c394da41ea79f.gif?v=256  fa1be6b1ecc40b01b130735c470f913b.gif?v=256

edit: also, for the dailies, I personally use #333333 instead of #666666 for background color. it creates a near-black gray (instead of this gray)

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

If you could, blocks for Artifacts and their concordance scores would be awesome!

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

Monster Name

Level X Role

Initiative +XSenses Perception +X; special senses
HP X; Bloodied X
Saving throws +X
Speed X
Action Points X
3cd153b473c02f239a08677feba21575.gif?v=256Power Name (action) ♦ Keyword(s)
Reach; range, area or targets; attack bonus vs target defense; effect. Miss: effect (if any). Secondairy attack or effect.
fa13ba1a08ab969cec99f72f5a6671c9.gif?v=256 Power Name (action) ♦ Keyword(s)
Reach; range, area or targets; attack bonus vs target defense; effect. Miss: effect (if any). Secondairy attack or effect.
fd79c16acfdd5a782c9c394da41ea79f.gif?v=256Power Name (action, recharge 6277ef60c42ea4aeab7d0c98ec5a6f53.gif?v=256d1a09ee0d526b782dad3efecfc1138d6.gif?v=256abe818117a2b597a21e30d2b31c94ee3.gif?v=2569360be82410a6db1559dffae16674e40.gif?v=256ef37b85b378daf8aea351a3965c79839.gif?v=256a459aa823c5057375efc948c3cc9fa85.gif?v=256) ♦ Keyword(s)
faf2ef5d484949a6634734241184ee61.gif?v=256 Power Name (action, recharge 6277ef60c42ea4aeab7d0c98ec5a6f53.gif?v=256d1a09ee0d526b782dad3efecfc1138d6.gif?v=256abe818117a2b597a21e30d2b31c94ee3.gif?v=2569360be82410a6db1559dffae16674e40.gif?v=256ef37b85b378daf8aea351a3965c79839.gif?v=256a459aa823c5057375efc948c3cc9fa85.gif?v=256) ♦ Keyword(s)
02a6b84874541f8b9d6453841fb61a07.gif?v=256 Power Name (action, recharge 6277ef60c42ea4aeab7d0c98ec5a6f53.gif?v=256d1a09ee0d526b782dad3efecfc1138d6.gif?v=256abe818117a2b597a21e30d2b31c94ee3.gif?v=2569360be82410a6db1559dffae16674e40.gif?v=256ef37b85b378daf8aea351a3965c79839.gif?v=256a459aa823c5057375efc948c3cc9fa85.gif?v=256) ♦ Keyword(s)
fa1be6b1ecc40b01b130735c470f913b.gif?v=256 Power Name (action, recharge 6277ef60c42ea4aeab7d0c98ec5a6f53.gif?v=256d1a09ee0d526b782dad3efecfc1138d6.gif?v=256abe818117a2b597a21e30d2b31c94ee3.gif?v=2569360be82410a6db1559dffae16674e40.gif?v=256ef37b85b378daf8aea351a3965c79839.gif?v=256a459aa823c5057375efc948c3cc9fa85.gif?v=256) ♦ Keyword(s)
AlignmentLanguages
Skills skill name +X, skill name +X
Equipment armor, shield, weapon, other gear
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

This is pretty generic for an artifact. Basically the format used in DMG. Artifacts vary a lot though...

Axe of Balzak

The Axe of Balzak is appropriate for mid-heroic tier characters.

Axe of BalzakHeroic Level
The Axe of Balzak was forged by the mighty hero Balzak Balor Slayer far in the legendary past of the dwarves. It is said that he used it to slay the mighty Balor Tarash at the culmination of a great battle. Long ago Balzak's city fell into ruins but it is reported that the Axe was wielded by at least one dwarven hero of Alcon. When the Kingdom of Civari fell the Axe was apparently lost and has not reappeared in almost 2,000 years. Perhaps one day it will be recovered and once again fight for the dwarves.
The Axe of Balzak is a +2 Demonbane Waraxe with the the following properties and powers.
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +2d8 damage or +2d10 damage vs demons and the demon is slowed until the start of the wielder's next turn.
Property: You gain +2 resistance to all damage dealt by demons.
Property: You gain +2 to all saving throws vs demonic effects.
Power (at-will; standard action): You can use the fighter power dual strike(fighter 1 MP).
Power (at-will; free action): add the fire keyword to any attack made with this weapon.

Goals of The Axe of Balzak

• Destroy demons

• Defeat enemies of the dwarves

Roleplaying The Axe of Balzak

The Axe constantly urges its bearer to seek out and destroy demons. Whenever demons are present the Axe is provoked into a berzerk fury and screams bloody vengeance. If denied the opportunity to fight demons it will howl in anger and berate its bearer. When confronted with other enemies of the dwarves the Axe will urge its bearer to attack, but in a much more reasonable tone.

CONCORDANCE
Starting Score5
Owner gains a level+1d10
Owner is a dwarf+2
Owner defeats a demon (maximum 1/day)+2
Owner defeats dwarven enemies (maximum 1/day)+1
Owner attacks dwarves (maximum 1/encounter)-1
Owner retreats from battle against demons-2

Pleased (16-20)

"We are the bane of all demonkind!"

The Axe and its owner are fulfilling their mission to destroy demons and defeat enemies of the dwarves.

The Axe's enhancement bonus increases to +3
Critical: +3d6 damage or +3d10 damage vs demons and the demon is dazed until the start of the wielder's next turn.
Property: You gain +5 resistance to all damage dealt by demons.
Power (At-will): Add any one of the following keywords to attacks with the Axe: Fire, lightning, thunder, cold, acid.

Satisfied (12-15)

"Enemies of the dwarves, flee in fear! The dwarves are upon you!"

The world is a safer place for the dwarven race because of our work. The wielder has proven his ability to the Axe.

Property: You gain +3 to saves vs the effects of attacks made by demons.

Normal (5-11)

"We must rid Erth of the foul demons."

The Axe is hopeful that its new wielder will prove to be a great demon slayer.

Unsatisfied (1-4)

"The Axe finds you lacking."

The Axe believes that its wielder is not capable or willing to carry out its mission. If the relationship does not improve soon the Axe will leave.

Special: The Axe refuses to use any of its powers or properties except against demons.

Angered (0 or lower)

"You are not a hero, I shall find one who is worthy."

The wielder has failed to prove his worth and the Axe will not remain for long.

Special: The Axe's enhancement bonus drops to +1.

Moving On

"We have done all we can here, it is time for me to seek out other heroes."

The Axe has done all it can against the Abyssal Hordes in this time and place. Impatient to carry on its mission it departs for other places and the hands of other heroes who are more in need. When the character next gains a level the Axe vanishes. If the Axe is at least satisfied it leaves behind a normal +2 Demonbane Waraxe for the wielder.

Lets see if I improve the format ... (layouting used as dragon magasine ...) (Johnathan, the yellow-browish color I used, could also be used for magic items: #DD9911)
Name of the artifact

What is the artifact? History of the artifact ...

Artifact Name[Tier] Level
Flavor Text
specifics (its a +4 greatsword, ...)
Property: insert property
Power (Usage ♦ Keywords) Action. Effect
Power (Usage ♦ Keywords) Action. Effect

The artifact is appropriate for ...

Goals of the artifact

• Goal 1

• Goal 2

Roleplaying the artifact

how does the artifact act in general

Optional: additional rules

are there additional rules to using this artifact. If for example, you need to play a game of chess, here are the rules how a PC plays that game

Concordance

Concordance.
Starting Score5
User gains a level+1dX
Condition+/-X

Pleased (16-20)

"a scentence, discribing the mood"

How does the artifact act

Property: additional property
Power (Usage ♦ Keywords) Action. additional power

Satisfied (12-15)

Normal (5-11)

Unsatisfied (1-4)

Angered (0 or lower)

Moving On

insert what happens when the artifact moves on ...

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

Those are really great! But, since I don't know how to add them to rich text documents or homemade PDF's, I made my own. I'll post them for those like me, who can't seem to figure out how to add your pretty stat blocks to rich text docs, or pdf's. (when adding to either, the stats appear, but no color coding. Mine are ugly compared to yours, but they may be helpful to someone.

To use, just copy paste from here to any document. (word/rich) 

That's strange, I didn't have any trouble taking the power blocks from the Quote Screen to a PDF document (by way of a word document).  Just hit quote, click and select the table, copy, open a word document, paste, print the word doc to pdf.  The power looked a little squished, but I don't suppose that can be helped.
Resident Shakespeare

Those are really great! But, since I don't know how to add them to rich text documents or homemade PDF's, I made my own. I'll post them for those like me, who can't seem to figure out how to add your pretty stat blocks to rich text docs, or pdf's. (when adding to either, the stats appear, but no color coding. Mine are ugly compared to yours, but they may be helpful to someone.

To use, just copy paste from here to any document. (word/rich) 

That's strange, I didn't have any trouble taking the power blocks from the Quote Screen to a PDF document (by way of a word document).  Just hit quote, click and select the table, copy, open a word document, paste, print the word doc to pdf.  The power looked a little squished, but I don't suppose that can be helped.

Tried it, but the problem is that only the left side of the block shows up and all the text is crammed into the small blocks. Thats why I made mine. Only problem with mine (besides not being pretty like yours) is that when I post them on this forum, they get bigger and more spaced out and the text gets all unaligned. But they are compact in a rich text/word doc and they look the exact same in a pdf.

Trust me, if I could have blocks that look like the ones in the books, in my word docs and pdfs, I would. I hate having to use mine, but its what I'm left with. I mean they work perfectly, but they don't look anywhere near as good. Still, they can be very useful for anyone without HTML experience (like myself) or any program to help format stat blocks.

Long Live Dragonlance and the Nexus! I still want an athasian nightmare beast and a warforged dragon mini! "Look, Meat, I'll tear your face off, rip your throat out and eat what's left-because that's what I do to food like you." ~Thrikreen Intimidation Tactic.
* My Personal 4e Darksun Material found below: Updated Weapon Options. (critical impact, repair, salvage) http://www.4shared.com/document/bMZK2PNy/Updated_Optional_Darksun_Weapo.html 4th edition Athasian Sloth v1.2 (includes three monster write ups and a new disease) http://www.4shared.com/document/lj561SRh/4th_edition_Athasian_Sloth_v10.html 4th edition Athasian Flailer v1.0 http://www.4shared.com/document/JGi9PqSe/4th_edition__Athasian_Flailer_.html

Well, it takes some tweaking, and you can't do much with fonts in HTML for the most part, but its quite possible to make some pretty good looking ones. I could probably get darn close to what WotC generally uses but to do it in PDF I'd get hold of a copy of Scribus. It has the some pretty darn good layout capabilities.

A simpler way though is to use OO Writer. Its HTML output capability is pretty good for a word processor. I made some decent monster stat blocks. It was a bit finicky but they weren't bad and translate OK to HTML, just not as good as what I can do by hand.

Those little icons in the monster stat block are nice and all but could it be possible to get them renamed with something more evocative? Like 'basicmelee.gif, blast.gif, dice6.gif, etc. Right now when I copy the HTML all I see are a long string of number as the name so its just really hard to use.

Guess I could download them, rename them and upload them on Photobucket or something...

58292718 wrote:
I love Horseshoecrabfolk. What I love most about them is that they seem to be the one thing that we all can agree on.
See for yourself, click here!

I'm sorry to tell you Duke5150 (maybe its a firefox only thing) but those things look just plain nasty. (I'm seeing tables with only completely in a single bright color). I think it would be better if you then simple don't use tables

Swords Chuck Hit - Fighter At Will 1
you use your sword chucks.
At Will ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee Weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Str vs. AC, 2 attacks
Hit: 1[W] damage
Level 21:2[W] damage

Hadoken - Black mage Daily 1
sometimes, you need to just kill your enemy
Daily ♦ Arcane, Necrotic, Force
Standard Action - Close Burst 20
Target: Each creature in burst
Effect: 400d6 + Intelligence modifier damage
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
Guess I could download them, rename them and upload them on Photobucket or something...

that, and it would be nice if they had a gray background Smile

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

I'm sorry to tell you Duke5150 (maybe its a firefox only thing) but those things look just plain nasty. (I'm seeing tables with only completely in a single bright color). I think it would be better if you then simple don't use tables

I know they look bad. I said as much when I posted them. But, point taken.
partially ripped from TelinArtho, because I think this one is nicer ( also, in the lastest WotC forum headline, there should be new smilies, usisng the DnD symbols ( ;melee; , ;r1; ) )

Monster name
Level X Role

Initiative +XSenses Perception +X; special senses
HP X; Bloodied X
Saving Throws +X
Speed X
Action Points X

Equipment equipment
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
WOW! I just came across this thread and I must say, very nice work!  They look perfect.
These are awesome.  Thank you Vagabond, et al.

I have a small problem, though.  They look fine when previewed, but the formatting goes funny when I post the blocks.  Usage, Action Type, Target, Attack, Hit, etc.....these are all set on their own line as if followed by a return.  Anyone know how to fix it?  I took a look at the html but don't see anything funny (of course I know next to nothing about html ).
These are awesome.  Thank you Vagabond, et al.

I have a small problem, though.  They look fine when previewed, but the formatting goes funny when I post the blocks.  Usage, Action Type, Target, Attack, Hit, etc.....these are all set on their own line as if followed by a return.  Anyone know how to fix it?  I took a look at the html but don't see anything funny (of course I know next to nothing about html ).

could you post an example (in this thread) what you mean?

looking at the monster block, the lines seem to be in different rows instead of seperated by returns...
I'll post an update in the next post
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

Monster name
Level X Role
Initiative +X
HP X; Bloodied X
Saving Throws +X
Speed X
Action Points X

Equipment equipment
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

looking at the monster block, the lines seem to be in different rows instead of seperated by returns...

Thanks for responding, Qube.  Let's see if it happens here.

Fire Eyes
Feat Power
Flavor text.
Encounter ♦ Fire, Primal, Spirit
Minor Action - Close burst 3
Effect: For one power....
Special: Daily powers are not affected.

After posting:

Ack!  Okay, it doesn't happen here.  It happens on the wotc blog I decided I should start using for something, though.  It's kind of annoying.    If you click on my avatar image thing it will take you somewhere thereabouts.  Just scroll down and you'll get a glimpse of some of the blocks.  (I'm sure that is unneeded direction.)  Maybe it's just something with the blogs rather than the stat blocks themselves.

Thanks for responding, Qube.  Let's see if it happens here.

Fire Eyes
Feat Power
Flavor text.

After posting:

Ack!  Okay, it doesn't happen here.  It happens on the wotc blog I decided I should start using for something, though.  It's kind of annoying.    If you click on my avatar image thing it will take you somewhere thereabouts.  Just scroll down and you'll get a glimpse of some of the blocks.  (I'm sure that is unneeded direction.)  Maybe it's just something with the blogs rather than the stat blocks themselves.

I'll tested it here  ... apparently bold + table = trouble ... (yeah, go figure ...)

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

I've noticed that sometimes the vb code screws with table code.  I try to circumvent this by using HTML bold tags.

Resident Shakespeare

I've noticed that sometimes the vb code screws with table code.  I try to circumvent this by using HTML bold tags.

sadly they are the html bold tags ...

This one doesn't work:

Fire Eyes
Feat Power
Flavor text.

while this one (the same thing, but without html bold tags) doesn't work:

Fire Eyes
Feat Power
Flavor text.

edit.... I wonder what happens if I use vb bold tags in the blog ...
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
OK, for blogs:, fixes the problem: if you use [b] instead of the html tag in a the table, it looks fine ... (both firefox 3.0.18 and internet explorer 6.0.2900.5512)

((man, I deffinately need to learn javascript, so I can create a table creator ... ))
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
I unbolded the tables and they're all lined up now.  The power name & type (e.g., feat power) can be left bold, I think, but I just cleared everything.

Thank you! 

I've been working to build the perfect power stat block on the forums.  It isn't really perfect, but I dare say it's close (thanks to Qube and AbdulAlhazred for more perfectionizing).  And well...

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range
Level 21: Text.

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range

Flavor Text.
Action Type - Area Range
Effect: Text.

New... ITEM BLOCKS! YAY!

Item NameLevel #+
Flavor Text.
Level +Bonus Price
Level +Bonus Price
Level +Bonus Price
Weapon/Implement/Armor: Type
Enhancement: Rolls applied to
Critical: Effects on a critical
Property: Text.
Power (Usage): Action. Trigger: Text if any Effect: Text if any

Monster name
Level X Role
Initiative +X
HP X; Bloodied X
Saving Throws +X
Speed X
Action Points X

Equipment equipment

...Qube and I want you all to have them!  Just hit the Quote button and select a power block.  Then you can copy and paste it into your own burgeoning class.  If you need help, I'll go over the slight bit of HTML you'll need to know to manipulate these.

Of note, Firefox users!  You're going to need to hit "Quote" and then the "HTML" button.  Then copy the relevant section of HTML.  Hint: It starts with < table >

great post as a side note if you hit quote you then goto select html (using ie) to show the actual coding ( but defiantly will keep this coding on hand could be usefull)
An' ye harm none, do what ye will
JV, could you put a link to my block builder page in the OP?

link

the page generates the html code compatible with this forum, the wiki and blog pages. Using my page, people can simply fill in their statblock and press generate (without messing around with html to create extra lines for the number of monster powers, ...)
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
Donskarooskies.  I've got to say, that's a hell of a tool you put together.  You might consider adding a function that lets you write up rituals (I just had to put some together).  A lot of 4e things use that Blue/White heading.
Resident Shakespeare
Is there a block for the Class Blocks you'd see in the PHB's?
Gimme a sec, I did do one a while ago.
Resident Shakespeare
Thanks