Adventure Log Sheet

22 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have an Adventure Log sheet that isn't the one that comes with the Character Creation guide. It is a large table with many boxes, instead of the space for three entries that the standard adventure log sheet has. My RPGA DM gave me this, and I don't know where he got it from. I'm starting a new character, and would like another copy of this sheet. If anybody could give me a link to it that would be great.

...whatever

I'm not real sure which adventure log you are speaking of.  Does it have a D&D/LFR logo in the upper right and Adventure Log in the lower left?  11 columns with the column labels seperated from the table by a space?  If so I have that one.  Send me a PM with your email.

Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf

I'm not real sure which adventure log you are speaking of.  Does it have a D&D/LFR logo in the upper right and Adventure Log in the lower left?  11 columns with the column labels seperated from the table by a space?  If so I have that one.  Send me a PM with your email.

That's the one. PM incoming.

...whatever

Hmm, that's interesting...

That's the sheet I worked up right when LFR started up - I wonder how widespread it is...I actually use Dave K's excel sheet now myself.

Hmm, that's interesting...

That's the sheet I worked up right when LFR started up - I wonder how widespread it is...I actually use Dave K's excel sheet now myself.

That's hilarious. Your sheet is pretty damn widespread - all of my friends use it. Glad to hear my Excel sheet is being used by someone other than Zwanger and myself ;)

Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Heh. Your sheet does what I want it to do - calculates everything for me without a mess.

Of course, it is in excel and it isn't really designed for noting lots of things by hand.

Are you going to anonycon?

Heh. Your sheet does what I want it to do - calculates everything for me without a mess.

Of course, it is in excel and it isn't really designed for noting lots of things by hand.

Are you going to anonycon?

I considered taking a little vacation and going, but the schedule doesn't have nearly enough paragon-tier play opportunities to make it worthwhile. I was pretty surprised when I saw the lack of many of the new paragon tier modules slated to come out all of this month and next.

That's hilarious. Your sheet is pretty damn widespread - all of my friends use it. Glad to hear my Excel sheet is being used by someone other than Zwanger and myself ;)

I use your sheet because getting 21 mods on one page is more efficient and reduces the number of pages I need for each character.

5 of the 8 mods coming out in October are Paragon.  How is that barely any new Paragon mods? 

Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf

5 of the 8 mods coming out in October are Paragon.  How is that barely any new Paragon mods? 

I was talking about the AnonyCon schedule, not the adventure release schedule... in case it wasn't clear from the context.

So, just where can all these sheets people are talking about be found?

dkay's Excel sheet can be foudn under the resources tab at my website (link is in my sig).  I should probably put the other sheet up too, but I was in the process of making it form fillable with auto calculating fields but haven't finished it.

I was talking about the AnonyCon schedule, not the adventure release schedule... in case it wasn't clear from the context.

Just to be clear, I don't think that a schedule that includes the two most recent (by then) level 11-14 mods plus the two Public Play only 11-14 tier mods one that carries barely any new Paragon mods. But, to each their own.

Dave,

Your adventure tracker excel spreadsheet is awesome. Just awesome.

Now, if we can just figure out a way to get story rewards in a similiar format, rather that all of the annoying 1/3 strips of paper! 

~Dan

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac
Total Confusion www.totalcon.com
LFR Calimshan Writing Director
LFR Epic Writing Director

LFR Myth Drannor Writing Director

For some reason, I still use the Weisbaden tracker sheet. The creator stopped work on the character generator some time ago, but I just broke the links and removed the other pages and I like the long page format. I added a few things like a level column. I like Dave's log too, having used that in the past.

I would really like a way to capture the story award texts in a simple way, so I could have as many story awards listed on one printed page... or better yet, on my iPhone (since I have no need to print them, just want them for reference on a per-PC basis. Something like a drop-down on my main log page and then a second workbook captures all of the award text in a concise format.

One last thing I use is a Google spreadsheet shared with my gaming group to track everything we have played. I add the mod, then we have a column for each player and I enter the initials of my PCs that have played the mod. You can easily see what has not been played, who might DM, etc.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Dave,

Your adventure tracker excel spreadsheet is awesome. Just awesome.

Now, if we can just figure out a way to get story rewards in a similiar format, rather that all of the annoying 1/3 strips of paper! 

~Dan

If I had the time that I did when I created that tracker, I would totally whip something up. Sorry

My personal solution is just to copy and paste the awards into a separate document, which seems to work well.

I blow the pages up to full size in Acrobat and then take screenshots. I do a little photoshop things and make them hi-rez for print where 12 of them fit on a page. Hard to read, but just readable enough that if I have to read a particular story award, it isn't impossible.

And then, I lay them out in InDesign. I also use dkay's excel sheets, output pdfs, and import them into the same document. It makes it really easy to figure out who played what mod, because InDesign will show me where all examples of wate1-1.png are in the document(as an example)

Of course, this is what I do for a living, so it doesn't take a lot of time for me to do it. It might not work for anyone else in the same way.

Dkay what City are you in, our Local GaspCon in november looks to have 7 paragon mods running in the 7 slots and one is the 2 round core 1-16 (assuming no huge delays on any of the releasing mods in the next few weeks)

(local being pittsburgh)

Blah blah blah

Dkay what City are you in, our Local GaspCon in november looks to have 7 paragon mods running in the 7 slots and one is the 2 round core 1-16 (assuming no huge delays on any of the releasing mods in the next few weeks)

(local being pittsburgh)

Boston, sorry

Good to see 8 rounds of Paragon-tier play on your schedule though... that should be a real draw for local (and maybe some non-local) players! I, like many others I know, am pretty much done with heroic-tier play for a while.

I PMd one of the guys behind Anonycon. They might be willing to look into more paragon play, especially if you think there are others that would come out if a few more were added.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Thanks for giving me the heads up.

I think our schedule as it stands now is very good, as we are offering events not available to home play while also making the gaming tracks accessible to players new and old.

I understand if it is not what you are looking for, but I think if you examine the other kinds of events on the schedule you will find lots of fun activities and options to fill your open slots.

Sign In to post comments