One card combo winner

27 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have a combo idea, but I need a win card. ie: A new Tendrils.

lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO

grapeshot or bitter ordeal

What would your idea happen to be?

What would your idea happen to be?

It was an Ad Nauseam and Archmage Ascension, but while typing this post, I realized that Nauseam didn't draw...
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Angel's Grace+Ad Nauseam is just as good anyway.

New Combo you say? Well my Johnny in showing...I immediately saw this when I was at the prelease.

Dark Depths]

Vampire Hexmage

Turn 2 or 3 20/20, I mean obviously there are ways of stopping hexmage with a counter or just Pathing the avatar.

Out of all the new combos (mostly casual ideas) I like this one the best. I've always wanted to use Dark Depths and this deck might be ok...prob not amazing though. Hexmage can also kill planeswalkers which makes pretty dam useful.

New Combo you say? Well my Johnny in showing...I immediately saw this when I was at the prelease.

Dark Depths]

Vampire Hexmage

Turn 2 or 3 20/20, I mean obviously there are ways of stopping hexmage with a counter or just Pathing the avatar.

Out of all the new combos (mostly casual ideas) I like this one the best. I've always wanted to use Dark Depths and this deck might be ok...prob not amazing though. Hexmage can also kill planeswalkers which makes pretty dam useful.

Everybody saw this.

Dark Depths]

Vampire Hexmage

Everybody saw this.

Yeah, it's obvious I know. Just wanted to consider it :3

Angel's Grace only will stop you from losing the game due to damage. Ad Nauseam causes loss of life, it doesn't deal damage.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.

Angel's Grace only will stop you from losing the game due to damage. Ad Nauseam causes loss of life, it doesn't deal damage.

You still live for that turn, though. The damage 1 life thing is so that you can live to the next turn.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Read a little more carefully.

That's twice in one day.

I quit.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.

You won't die that turn from Nauseam regardless of how much life you lose. Angel's Grace gives you a 1 turn pseudo Platinum Angel effect.

Angel's Grace reads

Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)

You can't lose the game this turn and your opponents can't win the game this turn. Until end of turn, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.

You go to negative life actually with Ad Nauseam. You can't lose the game, but you can lose life more than your life total, be at 0 or less - at least until end of turn. If it's DAMAGE then you don't go to less than 1.

You won't die that turn from Nauseam regardless of how much life you lose. Angel's Grace gives you a 1 turn pseudo Platinum Angel effect.

Are you talking to me?  I know how Angel's Grace works.

Btw that combo is still pretty legit, no one just knows about it.  I want someone to help me with that deck, since not many people are prepared for storm type decks.

Btw that combo is still pretty legit, no one just knows about it.  I want someone to help me with that deck, since not many people are prepared for storm type decks.

I'm not sure it would be that good, since it's still 6 mana and 2 cards... Anyways, it sure isn't impossible.

I'm not sure it would be that good, since it's still 6 mana and 2 cards... Anyways, it sure isn't impossible.

Wrong :P.  First off, mind's desire was 6 mana.  This is 6 mana, but it guarantee's you go off.  In addition, it's not necessarily two cards.  Basically you want to go until you can combo off and win like a normal combo deck.  However, if it's say turn 4 and you think your opponent will next turn, etc, you can just as easily play ad nauseam and keep drawing until you hit a grace, then you just combo off from there, you don't actually need the grace in hand to win.

Are you talking to me?  I know how Angel's Grace works.

No. the person you were responding to. I know you you know what Angel's grace does. Tongue out

heh, nifty.  reminds me of a combo deck i tried to build years ago revolving around Platinum Angel and Plunge Into Darkness....until i realized there was a rule stating you couldn't pay more life than you currently had.  Ad Nauseam + Angel's Grace fixes that whole issue, and comes online 2 turns earlier.  now if i could only remember what else the deck did :shrug:

memory edit:  oh yeah, i thought i could dig to get a negative life total, then cast Reverse the Sands.  too bad it doesn't work, cuz it was good times the few games i played with it against some friends before i got the bad news X)

hey evil have you tried to make the Ad Nauseam and Angel's Grace combo deck yet
I am working on a combo deck with those useing cheap artifacts and Krark Clan Ironworks to build up a big storm and mana count and win with a huge Banefire or Grapeshot ill have the deck list posted in deck help within the week as i work on getting all the cards together and testing it out a bit

I'd aim for the Grapeshot win, or just be cool... Just play a teched out version of the Swans deck from the final leg of Time Spiral's time in Standard. Then you can win by still just attacking with a 4/3 flier... I miss Chain of Plasma to play with my Swans.
this is probably really clunky, but imagine:
Angel's Grace+Ad Nauseum+Magus of the Mirror.
Thoughts? It abuses the grace+nauseum combo... 

If you can pull off the Nauseam + Grace combo, there's plenty of easier ways to win. 

If you can pull off the Nauseam + Grace combo, there's plenty of easier ways to win. 

I have a really good ad-grace deck built, but I'm skeptical to post it so early to avoid it getting netdecked on the forbidden program and having everybody know about it (I'm taking extended by surprise this season! =D). Twin, do you have aim,msn, or any other client? I've been talking to evilweevil a lot lately about this.

I have a really good ad-grace deck built, but I'm skeptical to post it so early to avoid it getting netdecked on the forbidden program and having everybody know about it (I'm taking extended by surprise this season! =D). Twin, do you have aim,msn, or any other client? I've been talking to evilweevil a lot lately about this.

Yup.  My AIM is mntwinsfan65.
Which is why I was being vague about this on the other thread, by the way.  Sorry rathi if I gave away too much, but I didn't even post a list.
Sign In to post comments