9/24/2009 FtL: "Waving Goodbye to Lorwyn and Shadowmoor"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

How does Howling Gale deal with Orchard tokens?

How does Howling Gale deal with Orchard tokens?

Play it with great confidence and maybe your opponent will put them into the graveyard?

I watched a player with CoP:Red and several mana open take an eleven point Disintegrate to the face the other day, because the caster was so confident that it would work that the target never checked his options.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

what land card is  Kazandu Refuge?

i havnt seen it before or know what card he is using

can someone plz help me 

Isn't there a problem with killing their creatures in the last deck - namely, that they'll play more? Awesome concept, but the deck should play Pacifism, Moat, or tappers instead of creature kill. 

what land card is  Kazandu Refuge?

i havnt seen it before or know what card he is using

can someone plz help me 

It's a Zendikar card that's been previewed.

A single Heartstone would greatly help the infinite combo in Balm and Clay.  As a 3 mana artifact, it gives you something useful to do with any extra Drift of Phantasms or Fabricates that you draw when you've already got your main combo pieces, and then once the Heartstone's in play, you start getting really broken, ending the turn not just with a 117/4 cleric, but also with all your previously dead creatures back on the battlefield and a bonus 400 life if you had a Sanctum Guardian or Dedicated Martyr in the mix.

Balm and Clay is a fun idea, but needs more speed, power, and resiliency, even for casual.  Heartstone is a simple way to add some power and resiliency, but probably isn't enough on it's own.

Also, I don't understand the inclusion of Seat of the Synod in this deck.  I don't see there ever being a time where you would search it up with a Fabricate, so it's status as an artifact land makes it seem more vulnerable to removal with no added benefit.

Just my thoughts after giving the deck a couple test plays.  Well, thanks for the enjoyable article.

Cemetary Puca + Phyrexian Dreadnought?

I mean no offense to the writer or any of his fans but why the hell is he getting paid to write this stuff?

The article basically outlines his terrible thought process regarding a horrible deck that moves into vintage in the blink of an eye even though the articles about recent sets.

It's just not something worth reading for anyone, get someone who's actually good at magic and go through a rogue casual deck building session with them.

At least it's something worth building or toying with after the fact. Not this crap.

Sign In to post comments