MtGOTraders & DarkPrincess83 Present: Chaos EDH

1351 posts / 0 new
Last post

DarkPrincess83 & MTGOTraders would like to welcome you all to: Chaos
EDH Timed 60. Every Sunday afternoon! There will be a new theme each week!
Registration begins at 2 pm est.
Games will fire at 3 pm.
Room: /join Chaos
Register with everyone's favourite hostess: DarkPrincess83

Backup hosts: Julie
Banned Cards: Erayo, Soratami Ascendant.
Prize: Certificate(from mtgotraders.com)based on the number of participants

Rules:
No complaining or whining about the game, the format, or other people's decks.
First person listed makes the table.
You have 2 chances to make the table correctly.
No conceding without the host's permission.
Any decision made by the host is final.
All players have 7 minutes after the last table posted to get to their table, in the appropriate room, and start the game.
All players have 7 minutes to return to the table from a disconnection.
Any rule broken or arguing with the host will result in being banned in the following week's event.
In the event of a server crash, players will not need to re-reg but
check in to verify that they are still playing when we return from the crash.
Deck Changes between rounds allowed.
No talking while tables are being announced!!!
ONLY THE WINNERS may PM me at the end of the match with their win

DCI Ban List here: www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx...
DarkPrincess83 PRE Hostess Extraordinaire "Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear" - LLCoolJ

Hope to see everyone this Sunday!

DarkPrincess83 PRE Hostess Extraordinaire "Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear" - LLCoolJ

After doing some thinking, I decided to shake up Chaos, make it more challenging.

This week Chaos will be the Mono Colour Deck Challenge.

Lets see who can build the best Mono coloured EDH deck. Who will be on top?

grumble..grumble...i finish my awesome naya edh deck and you spring this on me.  jk love ya kaya i will see what i can build and try to attend i know i have both akroma's so i least have something to start from.

I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
This week's EDH challenge is......TRIBAL!!
This week's EDH is......All creatures!
Next Sunday is....All soceries and instants! Lands are a given.
See you all next week!

Will this still happen in the future? I would like to help out in whatever way possible to keep Chaos running EDH format once a week. Could someone let me know online: RedMan929

Leave a message if I'm not on please. Thanks in advance.

Yes, this happens every week, with a new challenge.
This week's is mono green!
The theme for Chaos, Dec 20th will be r/w/g in honour of the Holidays. You can make decks using only those colours.
So r/w(candy cane), r/g(XMas), g/w(Tree) or monos: Red(cinnamon), Green(Tree), White(snow) are allowed!
Have fun!

Happy
Holidays!
The theme for Chaos, Dec 20th will be r/w/g in honour of the Holidays. You can make decks using only those colours.
So r/w(candy cane), r/g(XMas), g/w(Tree) or monos: Red(cinnamon), Green(Tree), White(snow) are allowed!
Have fun!

Happy
Holidays!

I would highly recommend, given the colors involved in the 20th's event, that people make their tables for 90 or more minutes in duration. Otherwise people may find themselves losing due to timing out.
The time limit is 60 for a reason. EDH games are horribly long enough at 60. Longer time would mean people playing around.
This Sunday's Chaos will be Winter Wonderland. Blue/White/Green.
Just like last week, you may use any of the three colours. Artifacts are allowed.
The fist Chaos of 2010 will be......Mono red!!! Come on people make some fireworks!
This Sunday's is my favourite...Mono Black! Have fun guys!
Oh, if my baby cooperates then I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in.

Plus, I would have thought your favorite color combo is mana_wb.gif

Guess what? Chicken butt.

no offense this theme week thing sucks...i would play but im not building a new deck once a week, i mean geez, have some respect for peoples budget somewhere
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
no offense this theme week thing sucks...i would play but im not building a new deck once a week, i mean geez, have some respect for peoples budget somewhere

d00d, It's a PRE.
There's no entry fee. It's the chance to get somethig for nothing.

Sorry that the free money you might get is so wrinkled.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

I'm gonna try my hand this week.
What now?

d00d, It's a PRE.

Well sorry i obviously dont have the same collection as everyone else...seeing having a different them every week, requires having the cards to build the decks...i highly doubt the prize if worth buying cards for a new deck or playing a high sub par deck for a couple bucks...

d00d, It's a PRE.

Well sorry i obviously dont have the same collection as everyone else...seeing having a different them every week, requires having the cards to build the decks...i highly doubt the prize if worth buying cards for a new deck or playing a high sub par deck for a couple bucks...

I think the whole reason Bots are sponsoring is that its a new deck every week and people will have to buy new cards to make these decks every week. Some people choose to pay 30$ every week as I have seen, some will join if they find that the current week marks a deck they already have or worked on before.
eh.. i like commander, just not enough to build a new deck each week...so it sucks missing out every week since i dont match the theme...
I change the theme for a reason, Shard. So people can have fun and wont get bored with my event. I am sorry you don't have the time to make a new deck. As for budget, there are plenty of cheap decks you can make. I did, cause I am on a budget too. I write about them in my articles.
So instead of complaining, how about try?

Also this Sunday's Chaos is Black/White, in honour of Martin Luther King Jr.
You may use either colour or both. Of course, as always, artifacts are legal!

Eyeball, it is my favourtite colour combo. Thats why its next week's!
what exactly is eyeball?
what exactly is eyeball?

Eyeball is my nickname for tempesteye.

What Type Classic?

EDH/Commander is classic.
what exactly is eyeball?

Eyeball is my nickname for tempesteye.

Oh, I think I may have totally misread what you said... I thought you had said that "Eyeball is your favorite color combo, that is why it is next week" for some reason /facepalm
We're gonna do tribal this sunday. Animals only. So have fun.
Hey DP, so when you mean animals can you be more specific. not elves or humans ....just rats or dragons  animals like that or just all creatures. And since I've never made a tribal edh deck ( which sounds like great fun) is it a minnimum of 30 creatures in it and i would imagine your commander must be of the creature type aswell right.
Great idea!

Similar question:  What does tribal, animals only mean?
Does this mean only creatures (no noncreature artifacts/enchantmens/instants/sorceries/planeswalkers)?
Does tribal mean that a certain number of one creature type are required?
Does this mean that certain creature types are not allowed (i.e human)?
It means non humanoids(no elves, goblins, humans, etc.). Animals people, animals. Like cats, wolves, beasts, antelops, even cockatrice.
You can play enchantments, sorceries, instants, and whatever.

1 last question does the comander have to be the same as the tribe? probably but in edh how many of one creature must there be in the deck
Yes commander must match, and 33/34 creatures. You can test it by making a tribal game and if you can play, then you're good.
It means non humanoids(no elves, goblins, humans, etc.). Animals people, animals. Like cats, wolves, beasts, antelops, even cockatrice.
You can play enchantments, sorceries, instants, and whatever.

Funnily enough only Beasts are playable on that list (as in: have a posible commander in a color with enough creatures to back it up).

Creature types with legendary creatures:
Angel
Atog
Beast
Bird
Cat
Centaur
Cephalid
Cyclops
Demon
Dragon
Dryad
Elder
Elemental
Shaman
Soldier
Wizard
Warrior
Giant
Druid
Barbarian
Dwarf
Faerie
Fox
Cleric
Samurai
Goblin
artificer
Golem
Gorgon
Griffin
Hydra
Hellion
Horror
Minion
Monk
Ninja
Nomad
Pirate
Rebel
Rogue
Scout
Spellshaper
Illusion
Spirit
Kirin
Kithkin
Kobold
Merfolk
Octopus
Ogre
Ooze
Orc
Mutant
Phelddagrif
Scarecrow
Shade
Shapeshifter
Skeleton
Sliver
Snake
Sphinx
Treefolk
Vampire
Viashino
Zombie
Hound
Human
Archer
Assasin
Knight
Advisor

List of types which have 1 a commander and 2 33 creatures (incl changelings) in the colors:
Beast
Bird
Demon
Dragon
Faerie
Elemental
Golem (without commander since you cant select a artifact even with artifacts only)
Horror
Illusion
Rat (on the back of rentless rats)
Mutant (using sliver overlord ^^)
Scarecrow
Sliver
Treefolk
Human
Zombie
Snake
Knight
Assassin
Vampire
Kithkin
Scout
Merfolk
Rebel
Rogue
Minion (33 excatly, on the back of no braids)
Cleric
Goblin
Shaman
Soldier
Wizard
Warrior
Giant
Druid
Angel

Animals with commander and 33 creatures:
Beast
Bird
Rat (on the back of rentless rats)
Snake
Ok also WU cats
I thought that it seemed very restrictive but didn't realize how few choices there really were.

Just some ideas for the future (or maybe even this time) which we have done before include tribal decks [tribal format EDH]; flying creatures only; all cards except lands; and the general must have a picture of a woman [harem format EDH]; only natural creature types (rats, snakes, elephants!, bears, rhinos ...  No dragons, cockatrices, oozes, elves, humans, zombies, merfolk, faeries, artifact creatures nor class-only creatures like wizards) but any general [beastmaster format].  We would also play EDH on different planes which strongly effects which decks are better or worse, but I can't see the way this could be done online.
also a slivers only format which ends up being incredibly crazy in a 4-person EDH.

Thanks for putting this together darkprincess; it is a lot of fun.
You forgot to list mono G and GBR insects.
I like the idea. the only Problems is that most of the socalled animals are humanoids anyway.
Rats have Nezumis.
Insects - Nantukos.
Cats - Leonin.
Birds - the Aven.

Still hope fabolus creatures does not count as animals. So I did not waste money for all these cats without a need.

See you tonight.
Ben.
can we use shapeshifters in our decks to complete the tribal requirements such as in cats or insects ?