The Crazy Cat Lady

22 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just for the fun of it I'm trying to build the Crazy Cat Lady as a character. I'm looking for a way to get more pets, preferably full time or at least as encounter powers.

Note that I definitely prefer sticking to the concept over making the character viable.

What I have so far:

Ranger can be Beastmaster for free. Hybrid Ranger can get it for a feat. Multiclass Ranger currently cannot be Beastmaster.

Druid gets Wild Shape for free, as do both Hybrid and Multiclass Druid. This REALLY fits with the concept.

Druid also gets lots of Summoning. However it's all Daily.

Any arcane class can have a Familiar for a feat.

Wizards get a touch of summoning. So do a few other classes.

Summoning via a multiclass is expensive. Not that this is a problem per se, because the concept is so narrow that there are plenty of times nothing directly relevant will be available, but I think it can only provide one Summon spell - and Summons daily.

Shaman, full or Hybrid or Multiclass, gets Spirit Companion.

I'm willing to refluff ANYTHING to be a cat. (An angel? Well, the Egyptians had cat-headed gods.)

Except I'm not enthusiastic about the thought of an Artificer with mechanical cats. It would technically qualify but doesn't feel right.

I also looked at Bard for multiple multiclassing, but only pure Bards get that. Not hybrids or multiclass. Bards have no Summon, and I'd give up any shot at the Ranger's Beast Companion - the only truly full-time, non-magical pet available.

So at this point I think I want Druid/Ranger hybrid plus multiclass Shaman. That gets the CCL a beast companion, Wild Shape and at least one daily Summon, and the spirit of her first cat.

But still, that's only four cats at low levels. Is there a way to do better?

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose

Razorclaw shifter (About as catlike a rise as you can get)

Shaman|Beastmaster ranger hybrid

Take the Windrise ports backgrounds, it allows you to MC into 2 classes.

Druid

MC into an arcane class for a familiar (not sure if there's a cat one)

The shaman has a lot of Cat flavored powers.

At level 10 they can get a daily utility to summon 2nd spirit companion.

I've been planning to stat up a  "Cat Hag".

Aura of fleas, throws cats as a ranged attack, incoherent babble, toxoplasma-infested spittle, and all that fun stuff.

How about a monster that just manufactures cat minions. Who knows how many cats she has? Every round as a minor action she summons another snarling cat to attack you. She can be a shifter with shaman abilities plus this whole weird cat thing. Call it a Cat Hag if you want. She can be explained as some crazy old shifter lady that went over the edge and manifests strange powers. Maybe the neighbors called you in to rid the area of a problem. Children are disappearing. Now that would be a kind of a cool mission for a group of "0 level" PCs to do, lol.

That is not dead which may eternal lie

How about a monster that just manufactures cat minions. Who knows how many cats she has? Every round as a minor action she summons another snarling cat to attack you. She can be a shifter with shaman abilities plus this whole weird cat thing.

Nah, I want something that is purely RAW as defined by the Character Builder.

And I decided that The Crazy Cat Lady didn't need to be a Shifter, particularly since I have a hard time imagining someone of that race looking like a slightly dotty grandmother.

Here's what I have:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
The Crazy Cat Lady, level 10
Human, Shaman|Ranger
Hybrid Talent: Ranger Fighting Style
Ranger Fighting Style: Beast Mastery (Hybrid)
Companion Spirit (Hybrid): Stalker Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman: Hybrid Shaman Will
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Beast Companion Type: Cat
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 17, Int 13, Wis 18, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 15, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 11.

AC: 22 Fort: 19 Reflex: 22 Will: 23
HP: 69 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +14, Nature +14, History +11, Stealth +13, Perception +14, Arcana +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +6, Heal +9, Intimidate +4, Religion +6, Streetwise +4, Thievery +8, Athletics +5

FEATS
Learned Spellcaster: Ritual Caster
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Learned Spellcaster
Level 2: Arcane Familiar
Level 4: Implement Expertise (Flail)
Level 6: Melee Training (Wisdom)
Level 8: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 10: Adept Power

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Stalker's Strike
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Hybrid Shaman at-will 1: Watcher's Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Twin Panthers
Hybrid daily 1: Wrath of the Spirit World
Hybrid utility 2: Spirit Call
Hybrid encounter 3: Leonine Surge
Hybrid daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce (retrained to Summon Abyssal Maw at Adept Power)
Hybrid utility 6: Battle Runner
Hybrid encounter 7: Call to the Blood Dancer
Hybrid daily 9: Menacing Cry
Hybrid utility 10: Spirit Summons

ITEMS
Counterstrike Leather Armor +2, Cloak of the Cautious +2, Adventurer's Kit, Vengeful Flail +2, Opportunistic Scourge +2
RITUALS
Raise Beast Companion
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

My items? Just things I need when I walk through the woods, oh and a couple cat toys. They love the shiny dangly bits.

Would you like some cookies? No not you, Sharpness. Well, okay, as big as you are I suppose one won't hurt, and if you're going to take the whole couch then don't complain when some of the others sleep on you. Yes, I have a lot of cats. Most of them are just ordinary cats. Sharpness is special. So is Caster here; he usually rides my shoulder. And Mr. Whiskers, my first kitty, I've had him for, oh, it must be fifty years now; that's him up there chasing that moth around the ceiling. Oh yes, of course, Mr. Whiskers died long ago, cats don't live nearly that long (except for Caster, he's nearly forty), but he stayed with me anyway. Some of my other cats that have died come back to help me if I get in trouble; he's the only one that stays around.

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose

I love it.

One thing I'd add though: an Obsidian Lion Statue. That Kitty is kind of shy, and only comes out to play once in a while.

I love it.

One thing I'd add though: an Obsidian Lion Statue. That Kitty is kind of shy, and only comes out to play once in a while.

Resist the urge to call the obsidian cat Guenhwyvar.

This idea is not legal in the Character Builder, but I think it is because of a bug in the program and not a rules issue.  At present, the maximum number of permanent companions possible seems to be 4 -- a beast companion for a ranger, a spirit companion for a shaman, and 2 familiars for an artificer with the Familiar Bloodsmith paragon path at 16th level.  A hybrid ranger/shaman with the Student of Artifice and Arcane Familiar feats should qualify easily.

A druid can bring in further reinforcements with his daily summonses, and the Windrise Ports background lets us change our prior character into a hybrid druid/ranger with the Spirit Talker, Student of Artifice, and Arcane Familiar feats and the Familiar Bloodsmith paragon path.  A hybrid druid can summon a maximum of two animals in one day (since one of his 3 daily powers has to be from the other class, ranger in this case). 

There is no limit to how many magic items a character might have, but let's make the assumption that we want to be able to summon all additional critters from the start of the day -- so we bump our character up to the epic tier for 3 daily magic item uses. 

At the beginning of the encounter we will assume that all of the permanent companions are already active.  However, the 2 animals summoned by druid powers and the three figurines of wondrous power all require standard actions to activate -- so 2 of them can be brought into play by spending an action point in the 1st round, plus one more per round until they are all accounted for after 4 rounds.  Of course, this is all very impractical unless the reaction abiliites and instinctive actions of all these critters work out just right -- but at that point you have 10 combatants on the battlefield all under the control of one player.  Only half of them are even vaguely feline, of course.

Oops -- I forgot one obvious additional temporary critter -- with the Acolyte Power feat and the 10th level Spirit Summons shaman power, you can get a 2nd spirit companion for one encounter per day.  So we are now up to 11 combatants for one player -- the PC, a beast companion, 2 spirit companions, 2 familiars, 2 summoned animals, and 3 figurines of wondrous power, most of them doing absolutely nothing each round....

If you take Windrise Ports and take Bard as one of your MC picks, at epic level you can take Multiclass Mastery, which allows you to immediately pick two MC feats which you qualify for.  So, if you can hold off for a while, you can pick up Shaman at Epic (or get your power swap feats or something.)

Wait for Primal Power to come out with the rules and powers for Swarm Druids.  You'll be able to turn into a whole swarm of angry cats as your Wildshape.

This reminds me of something I was working up a few months ago.  Basically the same idea, except instead of cats, I was creating Soundwave from Transformers.

Warforged, had 3 permanant cassette minions out by level 2, reflavored zone powers to represent multiple other cassettes popping out briefly, yadda yadda.

Couldn't come up with a good stat array that made the character viable tho.  Maybe this thread will inspire me to re-evaluate it.

I was trying to work out a version of Dar (main character on the old Beastmaster TV series) for 4E, and I think I finally came out with something that worked -- a hybrid Ranger/Shaman multiclassing into Artificer, with a raptor beast companion, a panther spirit companion, and a rat familiar approximating his animal friends.  I think Primal Power will have an eagle shaman option, which would make things work even better with a (big) cat beast companion and an eagle spirit companion.

A couple of constraints from my campaign made things a bit tricky.  First, we don't use backgrounds, so the Windrise Ports background is not an option.  Second, this character would only see play if my bard dies, so he has to have some healing ability. 

I finally worked him out as a human with dexterity and wisdom as his highest stats, along with an intelligence of 13 to qualify for the Artificer multiclass feat.  He can assemble his full menagerie at second level after taking 3 feats (and that is why he has to be human).  The only power swap feat he would ever take is Acolyte Power, since that gives him utility powers that don't require an attack.  Weapons were trickier.  I would start him out with a longbow at 1st level, but have him switch to an alfsair or totemic javelin as soon as one becomes available.  I would rather make him a melee type, but that seems to be impractical so far.

Sunday I played the LFR adventure MINI-1-2 "The burning scent of perfumed swords" you are in the Windrise Ports region and have to skill challenge your way past a crazy cat lady as part of investigating cult activity.

Thought you might like to know.

The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.

Sunday I played the LFR adventure MINI-1-2 "The burning scent of perfumed swords" you are in the Windrise Ports region and have to skill challenge your way past a crazy cat lady as part of investigating cult activity.

Thought you might like to know.

Hm... interesting. Is she part of the script, or did the DM swap her in for a standard NPC? Did she look much like the one I did?

Thanks.

Scripted, You find a "if you are reading this I am dead" note from someone at here boarding house and it asks you to kick a specific cat on your way out.

As a printed hand out

The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.

Couldn't you just play an arcane character and take the familiar feat at every level, reflavoring the familiars into kinds of cats?

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

Arcane Familiar dose not have special text allowing you to take it more then once. So until a crazy Dragon article or Arcane Power 2 just one per. Or purrr as the case may be.

Current swarm-druid version of the Crazy Cat Lady (resurrecting the thread because I'm referring to it elsewhere).

EVERYTHING is reflavored feline. She's a swarm druid - her animal form is about 15-20 cats. Her summons bring cats, no matter what the name or description. Her familiar and her animal companion are both cats. Her shamanic spirits are cat spirits.

Even in human form, this character will ALWAYS have a cat in contact with her. However every detail of this cat, not just its location, can change every few seconds. A white kitten peeking out from behind her neck one moment, an elderly calico rubbing against her ankle a moment later.

The Crazy Cat Lady, level 11
Human, Druid|Ranger, Paragon Hybrid
Hybrid Druid: Hybrid Druid Reflex
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Soul of Sorcery: Soul of Sorcery Fire
Paragon Hybrid Talent: Primal Aspect
Primal Aspect: Primal Swarm
Background: Windrise Ports (Windrise Ports Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 15, Dex 13, Int 11, Wis 20, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

AC: 21 Fort: 20 Reflex: 21 Will: 23
HP: 77 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +15, Acrobatics +12, Heal +15, Stealth +10, Perception +15, Nature +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +6, History +5, Intimidate +7, Religion +5, Streetwise +7, Thievery +5, Athletics +6

FEATS
Level 1: Spirit Talker
Level 2: Soul of Sorcery
Level 4: Arcane Familiar
Level 6: Focused Expertise (Scourge)
Level 8: Beast Protector
Level 10: Focused Expertise (Spear)
Level 11: Two-Weapon Fighting

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Swarming Locusts
Hybrid Druid at-will 1: Thorn Whip
Hybrid Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Paragon Hybrid: Wind of Blades
Spirit Talker: Spirit's Fangs
Hybrid encounter 1: Scattered Form
Hybrid daily 1: Partnered Savaging
Hybrid utility 2: Pack Alertness
Hybrid encounter 3: Beast Latch
Hybrid daily 5: Summon Stalking Panther
Hybrid utility 6: Swarm Dispersal
Hybrid encounter 7: Beast Rush
Hybrid daily 9: Caging Strike
Hybrid utility 10: Shed the Mark

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Periapt of Cascading Health +2, Hungry Spear Spear +3, Thane Blood Scourge +2, Resplendent Boots (heroic tier), Deathcut Hide Armor +2, Climber's Kit, Identification Papers, with Portrait, Footpads

So, after being inspired to create an adventurer being followed around by a menagerie of animals, I have my own Beastmaster(tm).  He gets a big cat from Hybrid Ranger, eagle from Hybrid Shaman and a weasel from Arcane Multiclass feat (in this case, Swordmage)>Arcane Familiar.  If I were to actually play this PC, I would ask the DM if the weasel could show up as 2 weasels, always together.  I think his powers allow all his companions to get some showtime.

Jet, level 2
Human, Ranger|Shaman
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Companion Spirit (Hybrid): Protector Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman: Hybrid Shaman Will

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9.

AC: 16 Fort: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 27 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +9, Perception +8, Nature +8, Endurance +6, Arcana +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +2, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +3, Heal +3, History +3, Insight +3, Intimidate, Religion +3, Stealth +3, Streetwise, Thievery +3

FEATS
Level 1: Blade Initiate
Level 2: Arcane Familiar

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Predator Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Claws of the Eagle
Hybrid at-will 1: Circling Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Stormhawk's Fury
Hybrid daily 1: Partnered Savaging
Hybrid utility 2: Ferret an Opening
Hybrid encounter 3: Beast Latch

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Longbow, Thundering Longsword +1, Repulsion Leather Armor +1, Amulet of Protection +1
RITUALS
Raise Beast Companion

I decided to go with a more gradual approach that makes the beastmaster character reasonably effective from the start.  One other thing he was notable for was running around in nothing but a loincloth and hardly ever getting seriously hurt in battle.  I approximated this feature by giving him swordmage warding from 1st level, which gives him an excellent AC in just leather armor.  This meant that I had to delay his acquisition of his cat beast companion until 11th level, with his eagle spirit companion arriving at 6th level and his weasel familiar(s) being with him from 1st level.  

Darius, level 12
Human, Swordmage|Ranger, Paragon Hybrid
Hybrid Talent: Swordmage Warding
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Aegis of Assault
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Fortitude
Paragon Hybrid Talent: Ranger Fighting Style
Background: Wild Hunter (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 21, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 29 Fort: 26 Reflex: 27 Will: 24
HP: 80 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +13, Acrobatics +13, Nature +13, Endurance +12, Stealth +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +8, Heal +8, History +11, Insight +8, Intimidate +5, Religion +11, Streetwise +5, Thievery +6, Athletics +12

FEATS
Level 1: Arcane Familiar
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 4: Lethal Hunter
Level 6: Spirit Talker
Level 8: Mending Spirit
Level 10: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 11: Sturdy Beast
Level 12: Human Beast Mastery

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Careful Attack
Hybrid at-will 1: Twin Strike (retrained to Predator Strike at Level 11)
Hybrid at-will 1: Greenflame Blade
Paragon Hybrid: Quick Recovery
Paragon Hybrid: Beast Rush
Spirit Talker: Spirit's Shield
Hybrid encounter 1: Two-Fanged Strike
Hybrid daily 1: Boar Assault
Hybrid utility 2: Agile Recovery
Hybrid encounter 3: Blazing Lunge
Hybrid daily 5: Dimensional Bond
Hybrid utility 6: Serpentine Dodge
Hybrid encounter 7: Hawk's Talon
Hybrid daily 9: Ranger's Recovery (retrained to Menacing Cry at Level 12)
Hybrid utility 10: Armor of Assault

ITEMS
Amulet of Protection +3, Adventurer's Kit, Magic Drowmesh +3, Mage's Bastard sword +3, Circlet of Indomitability (heroic tier), Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Boots of Quickness (heroic tier)

For those builds that depend on the Windrise Ports background -- if you can postpone all but one of your multiclasses to paragon tier and don't really need a second hybrid talent at that point, the Traveler's Harlequin paragon path will let you multiclass into as many classes as you want.  The catch is that somewhere between 1st and 11th level you have to become trained in Bluff -- which for most of these combinations means you may actually have to take the Skill Training (Bluff) feat.
Sign In to post comments