Hello from the new Star Wars Brand Manager

As Sarah mentioned last week, she has sadly left the company to pursue a new job.  So, I would like to introduce myself to you as the new manager of the Star Wars brand.  Wotc_greg was taken, so I went with wotc_bigguy since I'm 6'8" tall.  And no, I didn't play basketball in school.  I was a distance runner.  But enough about me.  I will try my best to be as active as Sarah was in the community, and I look forward to interacting with all of you and making your experience with Star Wars Minis and RPG's as good as possible.

Hey, let me be the first to say, welcome!  I will offer you any help I can and I look forward to your work!

Welcome! I'm glad to see you're interested in following in Sarah's footsteps as an active part of the online community.

Welcome! I'm glad to see you're interested in following in Sarah's footsteps as an active part of the online community.

Absolutely!

Welcome, Greg, I look forward to working with you.

- Chuck

Atlanta Star Wars Gamers
Sith Holo News Network
Star Wars® Miniatures HQ

Click here to download the complete Star Wars Miniatures FAQ in PDF format
Click here to download the complete Star Wars Miniatures Errata in PDF format
Click here to download NickNames Line of Sight Guide in PDF format

Click here to download the best Line of Sight tool for Star Wars Miniatures available (9.5MB)
Maps included: Cloud City | Crystal Caves of Ilum | Coruscant | Death Star | Echo Base | Exodus-Class Heavy Courier | Freight Transit Station | Geonosis Sith Hangar | Grand Plaza | Mos Eisley | Muun Commerce Plaza | Nelvaan Snow Fields | Rancor Pit | Rattatak Arena | Ravaged Base | Starship | Taris Undercity | Teth Monastery | The Lost Temple | Throne Room | Yavin 4 Massassi Temple

Welcome Greg.

It is nice to know you are going to be involved.  Sarah will be missed and certainly did some great things.  I am glad to see you are planning to continue a great relationship!!!

team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network

Hi Greg - thanks for the post and I wish you well in your new role! I know the SWM community is very interested in your and Peter's upcoming work. I can't say that I've ever seen such a devoted game community before so you can bet that folks will be there to assist whenever asked.

Bye for now,
Greg

Founding member of the Star Wars Adventure Writers Guild Organizer of the NorCal Star Wars Gaming League Avatar image by artist Steve Criado of Fandom Comics PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer VTT: Fantasy Grounds

Hello Greg,

Thank you for posting here.  We look forward to seeing what creative ideas you have.  Good luck.

Yay Greg!

Peter Lee Tabletop Games Designer/Developer Dungeons & Dragons R&D Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @minipete

Welcome, Greg Laughing

---------------------------- "Any questions between now and victory?"

Nice to make your acquaintance, Greg! Welcome!

Christopher West, Cartographer Maps of Mastery

Boooo!  You suck!  *Cough*  Uh, did I say that out loud?  Oh, I mean welcome aboard.  Hopefully this is the start of a great relationship between players, fans, collectors, managers and creators alike.

Smile

Photobucket

Welcome to the game!

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...

Welcome

Hopefully this is the start of a great relationship between players, fans, collectors, managers and creators alike.

As long as you are a perfect, mind-reading magician! Good luck!

Welcome to the boards!!   My dad was a high school track coach for 30+ years ... he would have killed for a 6'8'' distance runner! Laughing

If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.

Welcome.  It's great you've found the time to pop over to the community.  Look forward to hearing form you in the future.

Welcome aboard.  As others have stated, we look forward to hearing more from you and working together to strengthen the game for years to come.

Welcome to the community.  I hope you have a great time interacting with all of the fans of the game.

At last we will have our revenge.

Welcome, don't be a stranger.

Welcom Greg to a Galaxy Far Far away and it is great to hear your involvment with the community. 

Welcome to the our side of the Wizard Galaxy, glad to see you here.

Hopefully this is the start of a great relationship between players, fans, collectors, managers and creators alike.

As long as you are a perfect, mind-reading magician! Good luck!

Oh and a caterer too! Forgot that.

Welcome.  Nice to hear you are anxious to be involved.

Revamp for the sake of revamp? That always works out well.

Hello.

Welcome 

Behold the power of the Staff of Two Heads -Master Jaken's Fighting Words-

Welcome bigguy Greg glad to see you here hope you enjoy your ride i am sure this is going to be very intresting for you

ah here it is my trade bit lots of promos inside issuses 2 and 4 of deagostini and repaints some new updates in there now too go on have a little looky madds trades madds squads trade house TEMPORARY HOME FOR THE Good Trade List&FAQ 85.16% complete. The Crystal Caves of Ilum (2/2)Jedi Academy (35/40) Showdown at Teth Palace (2/2)The Attack on Teth (0/2) Imperial Entanglements (22/41)Clone Wars Battles (0/10) The Clone Wars (36/40)The Clone Wars Starter Set (6/6) Knights of the Old RepublicLegacy of the Force (53/60) The Force Unleashed (50/60)Battle of Hoth (17/17) Starter Set (6/6)Alliance and Empire (53/60) Bounty Hunters (48/60)Champions of the Force (55/60) Attack on Endor (4/4)AT-AT Imperial Walker (1/1) Universe (50/60)Revenge of the Sith (55/60) Clone Strike (57/60)Rebel Storm (56/60)

Welcome Greg!Laughing

A good workman doesn’t blame his tools. Overall winner of the "Alien Scum" custom contest! Good Trades : Boss Nass;Sith_Slayer;lukey84;Biggsy;Kael_Dro nna;Reysan_Aura;Purple_Wind;The_Fringer Bad Trades 0

Welcome to the community, Greg!

My old signatures are gone!!

Welcome Greg, and best of luck in your current endevour.

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany...

Welcome to SWM Tongue out.  Seriously, though, it's good to see the new brand manager interacting with the community already.  Here's to hoping it's a sign of good things to come.  Any chance you want to give us an early preview?

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

Hey Greg,
We're glad you're here.  Thanks for posting.  A few questions to get things started:

1. What is your favorite SWM piece?
2. What is your favorite Star Wars movie?
3. What is your name?  What is your quest?  What is your favorite color?  What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Seriously, welcome to the forums.  Laughing

Bienvenidos(Welcome) to our Asylum!!

Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself.

I had a great working relationship with Sarah, and I hope that will continue with you. Feel free to contact me directly at any time.

HAHAHA!!! I am 6'7 and I always start off by saying that I didn't play basketball, I played baseball. Lol

Welcome! Yeah, 6'5 and get that question all the time. Volleyball here.

So, some of you asked about my background in gaming and how I came to be on Star Wars.  When I said I was the Brand Manager, I should have said that I manage the business which means that I create the strategy for the products and keep all the functions working together smoothly to meet that strategic direction.  The folks at Lucas manage the Star Wars brand, but I make sure that we put out the best Star Wars miniatures and Role-playing games possible to provide one of the most immersive Star Wars experiences for you guys.  I came to Wizards having spent most of my career in Brand Management at consumer packaged goods companies like Colgate and Nasbiso, but now, I'm putting my skills and experience to work in an area that is really close to my heart.  I've always loved games,  beginning with my love of Axis and Allies, Monopoly and Intellivision's Asteroids (that should date me a bit) when I was a kid. And for those who asked, my favorite Star Wars movie is Empire Strikes Back.  There's a lot going on here these days, but I'll try to regularly post both here and on the RPG forum. 

Oh, and someone asked about my favorite Star Wars figure.  I've only recently started playing the game, so I don't have a favorite yet, but my favorite character from the movies is Yoda.

Oh, and someone asked about my favorite Star Wars figure.  I've only recently started playing the game, so I don't have a favorite yet, but my favorite character from the movies is Yoda.

Yoda is definitely a good start!
My old signatures are gone!!

So, some of you asked about my background in gaming and how I came to be on Star Wars.  When I said I was the Brand Manager, I should have said that I manage the business which means that I create the strategy for the products and keep all the functions working together smoothly to meet that strategic direction.  The folks at Lucas manage the Star Wars brand, but I make sure that we put out the best Star Wars miniatures and Role-playing games possible to provide one of the most immersive Star Wars experiences for you guys.  I came to Wizards having spent most of my career in Brand Management at consumer packaged goods companies like Colgate and Nasbiso, but now, I'm putting my skills and experience to work in an area that is really close to my heart.  I've always loved games,  beginning with my love of Axis and Allies, Monopoly and Intellivision's Asteroids (that should date me a bit) when I was a kid. And for those who asked, my favorite Star Wars movie is Empire Strikes Back.  There's a lot going on here these days, but I'll try to regularly post both here and on the RPG forum. 

Playing Intellivision doesnt date you badly it just means like myself you have become distinguished.  Of course now if you were a Yankees fan that could be bad!!! LOL!!!
team revan Collection: 801/801 SWM DCI Content Manager sith holonews network

Welcome to the boards, Greg! Glad you're getting involved with the community! Help yourself to some Wookie cookies and a nice tall glass of bloomilk. Wink

Congratulations on the new job Greg and welcome!

Is there any chance you would be willing to share with us your plans for this SWM product in the short and long term?

IMAGE(http://www.chroniclesofthevoid.com/Image/CotVSigBeastSmall.jpg) The next step in Sci-Fi RPG

So, Greg likes Axis and Allies? Way to go old school man!

SWM @ Atlanta, GA: http://www.atlantaswg.com/ SWM @ Charlotte, NC: http://www.queencitygamers.com/