New Rewards Card download?

136 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello all,

The last set of rewards cards available for download was 12/2008. I thought they were going to release two sets of cards that could be downloaded each year?

Anyone know if they changed it to once a year in December?

Sorry if there is another post on this, my search is returning a 404 error.

You're not the only one asking.

There's been no official word - so I've asked Community Management to chase down Campaign Management now that convention season is over.  Hopefully we can get answers soonish.

WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This is soooooo goign in the FAQ.

Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf

... so I've asked Community Management to chase down Campaign Management now that convention season is over.  Hopefully we can get answers soonish.

Thank, Dustin. We have people asking in my local circles, too. Since I was on Living Greyhawk's former Nyrond triad, I still, to this day, get people asking me about Living Forgotten Realms, RPGA cards, DM Rewards, etc...

Anyway, thanks. I'll keep my eye on this thread. And I think "soonish" is better than "neverish."

-------- Don (Greyson) --------

Non-smoker, White, Non-golfer, U.S.-American

Also interested in seeing the new downloadable cards! Hopefully they will have something for the PH2 character classes and races.

Also interested in seeing the new downloadable cards! Hopefully they will have something for the PH2 character classes and races.

I know that one of the 2009 cards is an "at-will reroll" card for evocations, similar to cards like Daring Exploit and Desperate Spell.

I've got a number of the 2009 cards (thanks to DMing at a con where they had gotten Con Support packs from WotC); if someone hasn't already done so, I'll post the content of the 2009 cards that I have when I get home tonight.

"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"

I've got a number of the 2009 cards (thanks to DMing at a con where they had gotten Con Support packs from WotC); if someone hasn't already done so, I'll post the content of the 2009 cards that I have when I get home tonight.

That would be awesome. Thanks! Haven't been to any conventions this year. Wow- first time since like 2002. Frown

I know that one of the 2009 cards is an "at-will reroll" card for evocations, similar to cards like Daring Exploit and Desperate Spell.

I've posted a few pics here and there, but we don't have them in any one conclusive place.

I'd think this would be a GREAT addition to the wiki, for anyone so-inclined to undertake such a project. 

WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

This is what I've got:

Furious Evocation (2009 card 1): allows a re-roll of an at-will evocation power (for classes that use the Primal power source: barbarians, druids, shamans, wardens).

Lucky Shot (2009 card 2): lets you turn a natural 19 into a critical hit.

Bladeling Renegade (2009 card 3): creation card; lets you play a bladeling PC, out of Manual of the Planes.

In Slumber Remain (2009 card 6): quest card; 3 tasks to unlock "Stir Not the World's Doom", an adventure for levels 11-14, coming in 2010.  Tasks will be available in the Embers of Dawn mini-campaign, as well as other heroic-tier LFR adventures.

I know I saw some of the other cards at the Dungeon Delve at GenCon; the only one that comes to mind at the moment is the creation card which unlocks kenku as a PC race.

I'd think this would be a GREAT addition to the wiki, for anyone so-inclined to undertake such a project. 

Let me see what I can do about that this weekend.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"

I have a full set of the more recent cards (I think), When I can I will let you know what they are.

I know there is:

Kenku Explorer: Creation Card, Allows the craeation and play of a Kenku PC (Kenku Race found in MM2)

Images and links to images were compiled here

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Lore of the Dead/Planes: Access to rituals from Open Grave/Manual of the Planes

Lucky Strike: Reroll a nat 1 on an encounter power.

Scramble to Safety: When bloodied, shift half your speed as an immediate reaction and end up adjacent to no enemies.

After judging at PAX 2009 (I ran the Ultimate Dungeon Delve all weekend) I received cards Promo Cards 4 - 9

From previous posts the frist three are:

• Promo 1: Furious Evocation (General) - re-roll an at-will evocation power.

• Promo 2: Lucky Shot (General) - Lets you turn a natural 19 into a critical hit.

• Promo 3: Bladeling Renegade (Creation) - Play a bladeling from Manual of the Planes.

The set I have are:

• Promo 4: Lore of the Dead (Expansion) - Unlocks rituals from Open Grave.

• Promo 5: Scramble to Safety (General) - When bloodied imediate reaction shift half your speed.

• Promo 6: In Slumber Remain (Quest) - For Embers of Dawn mini-campaign.

• Promo 7: Kenku Explorer (Creation) - Play a Kenku from MM2. Already have a Storm Sorcerer build in mind, I may consider the new Assassin class.

• Promo 8: Lore of the Planes (Expansion) - Unlocks rituals from Manual of the Planes.

• Promo 9: Lucky Strike (General) - Roll a natural 1 on attack roll with an encounter power and re-roll the attack.

As these are promo cards, I don't know if they are going to be released. Last years promo cards didn't get released with 2008's sets 1 through 3.

Bryan Blumklotz
AKA Saracenus
Greyhawk Herald
www.greyhawkonline.com/heraldry

As these are promo cards, I don't know if they are going to be released. Last years promo cards didn't get released with 2008's sets 1 through 3.

Oh?  What were last year's promo cards?  I thought everything came out in the PDF, so this is the first I've heard of this.

Damon

Oh?  What were last year's promo cards?  I thought everything came out in the PDF, so this is the first I've heard of this.

One card for playing a gnome, one card for playing a shadar-kai, one card for playing an orc (the only one still relevant as the other two are now open to all), and two spellscarred cards.

Of course all cards are promo cards now.  They did mention the year's cards would be released, so if they aren't doign promo cards, we're just SOL.  :P

Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf

One card for playing a gnome, one card for playing a shadar-kai, one card for playing an orc (the only one still relevant as the other two are now open to all), and two spellscarred cards.

Oh, those.  For some reason I was thinking of something else.  Yes, I already got the two spellscarred cards on ebay.  ^_^

Damon

Well I got all my cards from my GM slots at GenCon but I was hoping to see something by now.  It said everything shipped in June and we knew that was a mistake but it would be nice to see something.  I can always get the unlocked digital version of what I have, but its still something.

I guess GM rewards are going the way of the player rewards....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." A child of 5 could understand this, someone bring me a child of 5.

A list of most of the known cards is kept here (although I'll ask Xan to update it with the details on this thread)

www.lfr-oxford.oxif.org/cards.html

Cards are not part of the DM rewards. The ship tiles are, and those were definitely send in July. I got two of them.

Cards are not part of the DM rewards. The ship tiles are, and those were definitely send in July. I got two of them.

At the last con I attended only the people running games received a stack of cards. I did not see any cards given to players. When a stack of cards was given to a DM he mentioned that is was a good reward for running games. He recommended the players think about running games next con to get the cards and other swag. Besides the download the two ways I know to get the cards is to run several games at a con or purchase them on ebay.

They are available to the public through winning enough Delve tokens.  And at DDXP 2009, 1 out of the 3 cards were simply given away to people upon check-in.

At the last con I attended only the people running games received a stack of cards. I did not see any cards given to players. When a stack of cards was given to a DM he mentioned that is was a good reward for running games. He recommended the players think about running games next con to get the cards and other swag. Besides the download the two ways I know to get the cards is to run several games at a con or purchase them on ebay.

Those cards would have been ordered from WotC by the convention organizer as prize support; it's up to the individual con organizer to decide what to do with the cards.  Many organizers use them as swag with which to reward their DMs for running games, but it is by no means required that they do so.

Also, note that this is *not* the same as the RPGA itself sending out cards to individual DMs as rewards...this is no longer done.

Most of the cards I'm kind of indifferent to their Promo-status and the idea that they will not be re-printed or made widely available, but the "At-Will Re-Roll" cards should not fall into that category.

It would be really be good to get Psionic, Shadow and Primal re-roll cards added to the PDF sooner rather than later especially now that those power sources can be widely used (ok Shadow isn't until the end of the month but hey...)

Something tells me that we won't see a Psionic reroll card until PHB3 comes out.  Likely we won't see a Shadow one until the Shadow power source shows up in a PHB.  The earliest of which would be PHB4 since we know what's in PHB3.

Honestly I'm not sure why there are different cards for the various power sources at will rerolls to begin with.  Why do I need a Daring Exploit AND a Desperate Spell.. They serve identical functions but just for different classes.  And with the power sources slowly piling up it just means more and more cards are needed to keep things even, tying up the card selections for the future.

A simple rules change removing the power source restriction from the old cards or a new card that is simply a re-roll of an at-will level 1 attack power would be sufficient, for any of the power sources, just like the Lucky Strike card is for any power source who rolls a 1 on an encounter power etc.

I just don't see how restricting the re-rolls to the original power sources and if you were lucky enough to get the cards the primal source really has any benefit.

Blah blah blah

Logic?  Bah... who needs it.  You and your silly logic...

Well I did not "receive" anything in the last mailing.  I probably need to contact customer service AGAIN.  One of these days I may actually receive a mailing correctly. 

I did get 2 at GenCon however.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." A child of 5 could understand this, someone bring me a child of 5.

Well I did not "receive" anything in the last mailing.  I probably need to contact customer service AGAIN.  One of these days I may actually receive a mailing correctly.

They aren't mailing any cards out to individual players any more.  The only "mailings" which you may have missed would have been for the GM Rewards program (a 4E "Village of Hommlet" update, and a set of Dungeon Tiles representing a ship).

They aren't mailing any cards out to individual players any more.  The only "mailings" which you may have missed would have been for the GM Rewards program (a 4E "Village of Hommlet" update, and a set of Dungeon Tiles representing a ship).

So, if they screwed up and "lost" some of your judged events (like, say, mine), you should start fight them about it now.

So, if they screwed up and "lost" some of your judged events (like, say, mine), you should start fight them about it now.

Do you know for sure that they were reported?  (I only ask this because I've frequently seen posts on the board about "RPGA lost my events!", which really turn out to be, "the event organizer didn't report my events!")
From what I understood at GenCon the Village of Hommlet is actually for every RPGA member who has the reward status activated regardlessof being a player or DM. I might be misremembering things though.

There are really twoish rewards programs. One for every RPGA member, the other for those that DM.

1a. If you keep your RPGA account personal info updated every year (maybe it's twice a year),  you will receive a mailing or two a year with something cool. This last time it was a 4e revamp of "The Village of Hommlet". My understanding is that you should at least "update" your personal info each year, even if none of the information has changed, and save it so that you don't miss out on these rewards. I don't believe the next mailing for this is until next year.

1b. It is my understanding as well that each years promo cards will be bundled in to a posted password protected PDF at some point each year and an email will be sent to active RPGA members with the password. I'm not sure what the qualifiers are here as I was an active RPGA member last year, but never received the email with the password for last years card bundle.

2. The revamped RPGA Rewards program now focuses on DM rewards. If an RPGA member DMs a sanctioned RPGA event and it is reported as such by the sanctioning RPGA member, that DMing player receives the reward point value for each adventure they DM'd. After an RPGA member gets five DM reward points in a six month period, they qualify to receive the next item mailed out for the reward program. This last time it was two copies of the boat dungeon tile sheets. I'm not sure if a person DMs multiples of five adventures in six months if they receive multiple rewards or not. I do understand that surplus reward points per RPGA member are moved to the next qualifying period.

-Sartredes

1b. It is my understanding as well that each years promo cards will be bundled in to a posted password protected PDF at some point each year and an email will be sent to active RPGA members with the password. I'm not sure what the qualifiers are here as I was an active RPGA member last year, but never received the email with the password for last years card bundle.

I actually received a letter in the mail last year with the location of the online PDF and the password needed to open it.

Is it possible that some of the people that did not receive these had incorrect mailing information stored with the RPGA?

As you stated the "Village" 1.a was to be for keeping your address up to date.  They said they would do a mailing to everyone to confirmed their address yearly.

1b. I believe was the last of the old, now nonexistent, player rewards.  I think I received X# of cards and the letter.  However that was after writing CS because they never sent it the first time and I showed them the record of my points.  I also received 6 cards as swag from GenCon... 4-9 in the series, I am not sure what 1-3 are at this point because I never took time to look.  I guess I can find out at DDXP (Winter Fantasy for those that still can't handle the name change.)

2.  The new GM rewards was supposed to be the 2 ship tiles (which I got at GenCon as swag) but never received in the mailing.  I have been told that it has been received by GM's already.  I realize the old ship date showing up as June was incorrect but I would assume I should have received them by now so I wrote to CS again to show they tried to ship it to me according to the June report but who knows whats happening now.

There are really twoish rewards programs. One for every RPGA member, the other for those that DM.

1a. If you keep your RPGA account personal info updated every year (maybe it's twice a year),  you will receive a mailing or two a year with something cool. This last time it was a 4e revamp of "The Village of Hommlet". My understanding is that you should at least "update" your personal info each year, even if none of the information has changed, and save it so that you don't miss out on these rewards. I don't believe the next mailing for this is until next year.

2. The revamped RPGA Rewards program now focuses on DM rewards. If an RPGA member DMs a sanctioned RPGA event and it is reported as such by the sanctioning RPGA member, that DMing player receives the reward point value for each adventure they DM'd. After an RPGA member gets five DM reward points in a six month period, they qualify to receive the next item mailed out for the reward program. This last time it was two copies of the boat dungeon tile sheets. I'm not sure if a person DMs multiples of five adventures in six months if they receive multiple rewards or not. I do understand that surplus reward points per RPGA member are moved to the next qualifying period.

To bring this (marginally?) back on-topic, I had the chance to talk to Chris last week.

He's aware of the lack of a new Rewards Cards PDF - and it's on his list of things to do, though other internal WotC priorities had to come first.  Con Season also set him back a good bit.

So, it hasn't been forgotten. 

To bring this (marginally?) back on-topic, I had the chance to talk to Chris last week.

I think it's more than marginally on-topic. Wink

Thanks! Hopefully we will be seeing a download soon.

Any chance to get the June cards online this month? I am not up for paying $25 each to get them off e-bay. Unless that is the only option for players now.

How about this year?

Carl

Any news on the Downolad?

Although i have seen print out of the new cards that some fellow players recieved access to. So the files is out there but in low numbers. Right now I cant even get access to it