9/8/2009 LI: "Synergy and Redundancy"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Nice article. I missed the bonus exercise though =(

This article actually helps me appreciate some of the strategies inherent to drafting that I hadn't realised about.

It also makes me far more likely to choose to go and draft this Friday.

I always look forward to these articles since I'm new at drafting and trying to get better every week at FNM. I think the thing that stood out to me the most was this: "Be aware that even if you got significant value out of the first copy of a card, that doesn't mean that you need or even want more of them."

Last week I played a green-white deck that didn't have much in the way of removal, so I picked up some spare Fog's when nothing else presented itself to me. I ended up with three fogs in my deck, and although they helped in one or two clench situations there was nothing worse than when I had all three of them in my hand and nothing to do but play them while my oppponents still damaged me with burn and artifacts outside of combat. 

Even if I had 5 Jackal familiars,  Iwouldn't consider them great. a 2/2 for 1 is nice, but the fact that it can attack at most on turn 3 kind of takes away the value.