Be able to PM people other than friendsI

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

I went to check out the messaging system, and found that the only people you can add as message recipients are people who are on your 'friends' or 'best friends' list.

I even tried clicking on a user name in the forum and selecting the 'send private message to this user' link. It took me to the same message form, with the recipient blank, because that user is not on my friends list.

I concur. I send PMs to folks on a regular basis, as part of my GM duties on the Castle of Fun, as part of my VCL duties in the General Gaming and play-by-post area, and just because. There's plenty of reasons to want to send a PM to somebody who isn't on your "friend" list.

John Ling

Lead Pathfinder Developer for Frog God Games

I've sent messages to those that aren't friends.

search (or find profile pic somewhere) - "send PM to xxxxx", type and hit send

OR - has this changed in the past 24 hours?

Through the ages, many would wonder "Does art imitate life or does life imitate art?" I wonder "Does the art of discourse on the internet imitate the art of discourse in life or does the art of discourse in life imitate the art of discourse on the internet?"

Okay, the problem is that the 'To' line appears blank. So it's not apparent that you're actually sending the message to anyone. Pbn, I sent you a test message. There's also no place to type a user name. All I see is the '+' to add a user via the friend search.

I replied   As stated, the message area being blank is an issue, as well as "adding" non-friends to the list (though, I'm not sure what would happen if you started with an "unknown" and tried adding a friend - haven't tested it)

Through the ages, many would wonder "Does art imitate life or does life imitate art?" I wonder "Does the art of discourse on the internet imitate the art of discourse in life or does the art of discourse in life imitate the art of discourse on the internet?"
Sign In to post comments