First!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ok, I never do this but it's a special occasion.  The new boards are interesting, I haven't had much chance to kick around and see every option yet.  I'm not sure I care for the new style, but after 6 years the old board format was pretty familiar.

Edit: Well I'll be danged, it looks like Doppleganger beat me into the boards as a whole by a good 13 minutes, but I still made the first post here that mentioned the boards being up.

Ok, some things I miss already: 

• Only 3 themes (this may change) so I'm forced to view this as b/w text.

• The Forums list is all scrunched up and looks unorganized.

• There had better be a way to devote more of my screen to the actual posts.  This Recent Topics and Popular Topics sidebar is annoying and I hope there's a way to hide it.

• Most importantly - I can't preview a thread with a mousehover.  Please bring that back immediately!

But overall, I am happy to have the boards back.

"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.

Hurray for forums being back up!

Brew'N Games: A Homebrewing Blog, Both Games and Beer. "The Sky is Falling Like a Sock of Cocaine in the Ministry of Information..." - Man Man, Black Mission Goggles

I gotta say I was really pumped after hype from a couple of insiders I know, but I'm a little disapointed.  Some features are awesome, but overall I don't like the layout.  The lack of pictures and colors is a little disheartening, but overall I'm just really happy it's back up.

Looks great WotC!

Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!

I miss my old avatar.

<\ \>tuntman

275th!

Its really good to be back here, though I seem to be the only person from the corner of the boards I live on to arrive.

I agree that there needs to be a way to get the sidebar out of the way.

Also, just posting this now I notice that the board no longer displays recent posts in the thread when you are typing out a reply. That was a good feature for roleplaying threads if you needed to go back and make sure you read other people's posts right, so I hope that comes back.

MUP Free since 2009

There will be more themes, just need some time to get them going.  This is the start of a growing process, the plan is to continue to add features and enhancements over time.

What we need are sblocks. Sblocks are crazy important, more so considering the reduced size of the thread boxes.

After that the old emoticons would be nice.

Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

What I really want is for a way to get rid of those annoying boxes on the right hand side of the screen. I really don't care about which threads are recent or popular and all they do is make the posts too narrow for my tastes.

"Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads, swords for everyone" - Minsc, BG

I sorta miss the "Forum member since" and such lines next to my profile.  I liked being an old guy.  The scruched format is also a little tough to get used to.

Also, I don't know why but my browser doesn't recognize this new reply window as a form it needs to spell check, and that's just annoying...

There will be more themes, just need some time to get them going.  This is the start of a growing process, the plan is to continue to add features and enhancements over time.

Good to know Cort, thanks for the update!
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
Sign In to post comments