The Ban - For or Against?

Since the starter of the original poll has pretty much abandoned it, I've decided to take over. (or should that be ) Anyway, unlike the original starter, I do not intend for this to be a 'petition' to be used as a weapon to get the ban lifted, or as evidence to have it remain in place. I only found it interesting to guage the overall community reaction to the ban on General Obi-Wan Kenobi and want to keep it going for those who haven't put their vote in or who, like me, want to see where this goes.

The one thing I want to make abundantly clear is this: I'm working this poll--of sorts--on the assumption that no further errata or other fixes will be forthcoming from Wizards of the Coast. Given WotC's history, that seems to be a fairly safe assumption to make until we are told otherwise.

My point is: When you post, please remember that, for the purposes of this poll, you either want GOWK to remain in play as he is now, or you want for the DCI ban on him to remain in place. No middle ground. If you want to change your vote one way or the other based on that, please say so.

So, with that in mind, shall we pick up where we left off?

The Question: Assuming that WotC will not be taking action to fix him, do you support the ban on General Obi-Wan Kenobi from DCI-sanctioned play?

THE RESULTS

No, I want the ban lifted (19):
1307jediinexhile (DCI)
Achiriaco
BoneManPress
CheshireCat (DCI)
Cigaran
Commando101
donarthunderbird
HollowEcho
Josephangela17
lotjx
Luke_Skywalker (DCI)
Mandolicious
nogoodnamesareleft
Nynja
StartideCruiser
stsparks72 (DCI)
The Don
Vilrin
ZergSmasher

Yes, I want the ban to stay (52):
_NickName_ (DCI)
501st (DCI)
Azvander
billiv15 (DCI)
BillyD
Boris The Dwarf (DCI)
Cade Skywalker
CerousMutor
coffeebean
DaddyCool
DalsianDon (DCI)
Dark Dracul (DCI)
Darth_Xanthan (DCI)
DarthSith (DCI)
Dnemiller (DCI)
Draconarius
eMouse (DCI)
EmperorDragon
engineer (DCI)
Ephant Mon
forcepush71
headache62 (DCI)
ironlightsaber (DCI)
Jaing Skirata
Jukite
klecser (DCI)
LoboStele (DCI)
MandelMauler
Mapmaker
Master Jorth
Moses2813 (DCI)
ndjarnag3
Nivuach (DCI)
PhoenixDarksider
Reysan Aura (DCI)
Rival (DCI)
RogueThirteen
Ruhk
Salle (DCI)
shadowcat129
Splattercat
Starsoul-Klr
Stormtrooper
StriderRe80 (DCI)
TheKillerNacho
toddslater (DCI)
trappedslider
UrbanShmi
vaderfett762 (DCI)
Wedge772
Wystenv2
xP (DCI)

COUNTING DCI VOTES ONLY: 4 posters want to lift the ban, 24 want to keep the ban.

Which gives us a grand total of 71 votes.

26.76% want the ban to be lifted.

73.24% want the ban to stay.

JUST TO REITERATE: However it was originally intended, this poll is no longer meant as a petition to have the ban removed or as evidence to leave it in place. Just a friendly attempt to guage the overall opinion on this.

Join us at: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Given the number of people who have already weighed in, and the results so far, what further evidence are you trying to collect?
As I said, I'm not trying to collect anything here. Just want to give those who haven't voted a chance to do so. Mostly, though, I'm just trying to seperate the list from the last pages of Startide's thread. If no one else wants to vote, this can slide into the netherworlds of page 10 and act as an easily found 'final list' of sorts.
This thread is unneeded and is getting locked.

--If posters wish to post to the original thread they can still do so.
--If you want to tally the results from time to time then feel free to do so and post it to that thread.

IMHO, that issue has reached the end, the results are known to everyone at this point and further debate is not needed.

CLICK ON THE ICONS TO GET MORE INFORMATION

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket