Targeting Usage

I've been outta the loop for a while, but after some searching I haven't found anything conclusive about it's interactions with doors.
So... can R4 move adjacent to a closed door (not overrided), open it, then use Targeting?
SoonToBeOld...
Shortened for your sanity until BBCode/Sblocks are readded.
56896968 wrote:
You know, in general I really love people who play Star Wars Minis. You could almost call them "Star Wars Minis Gamers." I'm just saying.
By the way, stop posting right before I hit "Post..."! YodaRulzTheStarWarsUniverse
So... can R4 move adjacent to a closed door (not overrided), open it, then use Targeting?

I don't think so - doors are checked at the end of the turn, and targeting seems to be a "during turn" action - I could be incorrect, but it doesn't specify that it is an "end of turn" action such as Override, and you cannot move up to a door, open it, and then use "Force Stun" which is another "no time" ability.
I don't think so - doors are checked at the end of the turn, and targeting seems to be a "during turn" action - I could be incorrect, but it doesn't specify that it is an "end of turn" action such as Override, and you cannot move up to a door, open it, and then use "Force Stun" which is another "no time" ability.

I would agree with your conclusions.
Targeting must occur during the character's turn. Doors open after that turn is over. The precedent has been set with Force Stun. We've never been allowed to open a door as described and then stun someone.
Thanks guys.
SoonToBeOld...
Shortened for your sanity until BBCode/Sblocks are readded.
56896968 wrote:
You know, in general I really love people who play Star Wars Minis. You could almost call them "Star Wars Minis Gamers." I'm just saying.
By the way, stop posting right before I hit "Post..."! YodaRulzTheStarWarsUniverse
Kinda makes me wonder why they would title a SA "Targetting", when it's a word that already has a significant application in the game. Why not something that distinguishes 'targetting', as in targetting a character, from 'Targetting', the special ability. Like calling the SA 'Targetting Computer' or 'Target Lock', etc.

Leif
Kinda makes me wonder why they would title a SA "Targetting", when it's a word that already has a significant application in the game. Why not something that distinguishes 'targetting', as in targetting a character, from 'Targetting', the special ability. Like calling the SA 'Targetting Computer' or 'Target Lock', etc.

I brought this up, but it was unfortunately a bit too late in the process to rename the ability.
Sign In to post comments