A crack at Kol Skywalker

The piece from JA that I am most excited about, along with K'Kruhk, is Kol Skywalker. Since we have to wait to see his stats I made some up just to see how he could look. Here they are:

Kol Skywalker
New Republic 61
HP: 140
Def: 23
Atk: 14
Dam:20

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Crowd Fighting
Disruptive
Affinity(Non-Unique Yuuzahn Vong may be in this characters squad)

Force Points:
Force 2, FR 1, MotF 2
Force Spirit 6
Force Absorb
Lightsaber Defense
Lightsaber Sweep
I like it. I'm also really excited about Kol being in this set. I might change the Vong Affinity to non-unique Vong though.
I agree with the Affinity change.
I like it. I'm also really excited about Kol being in this set. I might change the Vong Affinity to non-unique Vong though.

True, that is what I wanted, i just forgot to write it in there...
Looks solid to me ... I really like the Lightsaber Sweep / Crowd Fighting combo ... you can just picture him fighting off the hoards of Sith at Ossus!

I kinda hope he DOESN'T have Disruptive, just because the NR is pretty strong on that front already with KKJBM and Han GH.
If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.
Affinity for Yuuzhan Vong... very cool. If Kol does something like that, I'm going to love him... even if you can't use Shapers (Affinity would change the Vong's faction to NR, so the Shaper wouldn't have any Yuuzhan Vong allies to boost).

Still, awesome!
Thanks everyone, I would be excited if Kol did turn out similar to this.

(Affinity would change the Vong's faction to NR, so the Shaper wouldn't have any Yuuzhan Vong allies to boost).

I think it would still work, many Vong still have Yuuzahn Vong in the name and Affinity doesn't work like Conscription, the don't actually change their faction, they just work alongside the NR... But maybe I'm wrong...
Like the stats. In the roleplaying game, they made him Lvl 14, which is only high-ish. Based on that, i'd probably drop his attack a point or two, but even if not i'd be happy with him.
My old signatures are gone!!
I think it would still work, many Vong still have Yuuzahn Vong in the name and Affinity doesn't work like Conscription, the don't actually change their faction, they just work alongside the NR... But maybe I'm wrong...

Rulebook entry for Affinity says the piece is considered to belong to their new faction once they change sides, but I could be interpreting it wrong.
Hey, Bantha_Rawk...i was right about the attack....
Ill take a crack at this...

Kol Skywalker
Cost: 38
HP: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 14
Damage: 20

SA
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Lightsaber Duelist

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Push 2
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Precision
Master of the Force 2

what do you think?
Hey, Bantha_Rawk...i was right about the attack....

Why yes, you were... Good job, all I was right about was MotF 2...

Ill take a crack at this...

Kol Skywalker
Cost: 38
HP: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 14
Damage: 20

SA
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Lightsaber Duelist

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Push 2
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Precision
Master of the Force 2

That do you think?

That looks pretty solid... ;)
Why yes, you were... Good job, all I was right about was MotF 2...

Eh, you were still 'true' to what we know of the character. I think it's understated as to the synergy between minis stats and RPG stats lately, which is how I was able to guess he wouldn't have higher than a 14. GOWK has a 14, and Obi-Wan is only 14th level by the end of RoTS according to the latest version of the game. Now, that's not to say 14th level auto equals 14 attack, but it's very close. I could probably do a whole thread on this.
Eh, you were still 'true' to what we know of the character. I think it's understated as to the synergy between minis stats and RPG stats lately, which is how I was able to guess he wouldn't have higher than a 14. GOWK has a 14, and Obi-Wan is only 14th level by the end of RoTS according to the latest version of the game. Now, that's not to say 14th level auto equals 14 attack, but it's very close. I could probably do a whole thread on this.

I'm simply amazed how good Kol is for his cost. I couldn't believe it when I pulled him.
I'm simply amazed how good Kol is for his cost. I couldn't believe it when I pulled him.

Me too, to both! LOL! 38 points for all that, and they say GOWK is undercosted. I'd probably play Kol over Kyle Battlemaster most days.
Me too, to both! LOL! 38 points for all that, and they say GOWK is undercosted. I'd probably play Kol over Kyle Battlemaster most days.

I don't know if I would go that far :P. Kyle still has Assault and some other nice Force Powers. Not to mention Disruptive is his shtick.
I don't know if I would go that far :P. Kyle still has Assault and some other nice Force Powers. Not to mention Disruptive is his shtick.

Well, sure he definitely has his merits. However, that 16 points savings could come in handy. Like I said, most days I'd probably take Kol over Kyle, but I'd do it more because I like Kol better from a fluff perspective...he's a Skywalker.
Kol Skywalker
New Republic 61
HP: 140
Def: 23
Atk: 14
Dam:20

This is a bit far fetched for 61 cost specially with all the force abilities you gave him. I agree with the Special abilities you gave him those look solid. This just seems like a bit to much 23 def is to high I expect it to be from 19-21 Max. Then the force abilities toned down. Prolly won't have MOTF I would bet he has 3 force abilities.

I am excited for Kol and K'k too
This is a bit far fetched for 61 cost specially with all the force abilities you gave him. I agree with the Special abilities you gave him those look solid. This just seems like a bit to much 23 def is to high I expect it to be from 19-21 Max. Then the force abilities toned down. Prolly won't have MOTF I would bet he has 3 force abilities.

And I think Mandalorethecool's take on Kol is probably spot on ;). Especially considering I'm staring at Kol's card as I type.

I don't think 23 Def is too high for a 61 point character... The cheapest character with a 23 Def is Darth Vader, Unleashed at 50, as there are several others. But 21 w/ LS Duelist is more like it eh? Oh and he will have MotF 2... ;)