Galaxy at War Ventress

Booster art of Asajj Ventress for Galaxy at War coming out at October 30 in WOTC fall catalog. Sadly they cut the side so that we cannot see who is on the side of the booster.
Link?

Babs out!
Well, thats disapointing because we are alleady getting a new one in the third map pack.
The more Sep goodness the better. Have to run the bald pasty chicks with the Seps.
Can we see a picture?

Please...
Follow the Yellow Brick Road . . . follow the Yellow Brick Road . . .
For some reason I cannot post attachments , but the art is ventress (model from the clone wars series without her cloak) standing in a dark room made of stone, with little light from a window behind her, with both her lightsabers ingnited in cross position.
It looks good... If we have to have another Ventress so close to the MP one, then I wouldn't mind having on in that pose...
i couldn't find any pictures but this may help.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/253589-wizards-coast-fall-2009-catalog-report.html

How do I find it?

there is a "War of the Burning Sky" ad....and no more...
How do I find it?

there is a "War of the Burning Sky" ad....and no more...

Give it time. I had the same problem, after a minute I scrolled down and there was the rest of the page. There was no picture that I could see though.
Why would they release two Ventresses so close together? One is coming out in the upcoming map pack. So unless the unique characters with the maps are also included in booster sets it doesn't make sense.
The pic is over on swmgamers.com...

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6225

Could someone post the pic here? It's not letting me sign on to SWMGamers for some reason.
lambalazarbanner4.png
Hmm...I guess it SEEMS like we 'just got' Asajj as a map pack figure (even though she isn't out yet), but originally it would have been included in the Clone Wars set, and so it would be a year between appearances. Not an unheard of precent for a 2nd tier character. Perhaps one is a follower and the other a Commander. I'm sure there is lots that could be done with Ventress statistically speaking. I'd not be suprised if we get another version of General Grevious in GAW...
My old signatures are gone!!
Well I thought GaW is supposed to be more military-themed so maybe map pack Ventress will be more if a fighting piece, while GaW Ventress will be more of a commander. Basically what Jorth said.
Could someone post the pic here? It's not letting me sign on to SWMGamers for some reason.

yes, please.
Sorry, I put the pic there for a reason.
Here's the pic.....I really hope this is a distinct Asajj from the map pack one, it should be, but I have a lingering fear that it could be a reprint....doubtful, but slightly possible. I prefer the fighting version/commander version theory. A good boost for Durge JH and other Living Seps will make her a worthwhile piece in GaW.

IMAGE(http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/Uruk-hai_Torch-bearer/Asajj.jpg)
We did find out that JA is going to be more based on force users while GaW is going to be more commander related. It would be a good assumption to think this Ventress will be a commander one.
We did find out that JA is going to be more based on force users while GaW is going to be more commander related. It would be a good assumption to think this Ventress will be a commander one.

We did? Where?

I wouldn't be putting a whole lot of stock in conjecture about a "theme" for a set as making a determination about whether a given figure would have a commander or not. I certainly wouldn't declare it a "good assumption". It's a guess at best, and its just as likely the opposite is in fact true.

These kinds of statements are what so often set false expectations for gamers who then are disappointed when the given mini isn't how it was "supposed to be".

For example, we had a thread about how the new Vader didn't "strike fear in the eyes of players" when his stats were released, simply because Rob stated it 6 months before, and people had all sorts of expectations about him as a result of a one liner.
We did? Where?

Lol, indeed. This is news to me :P.
Here's the pic.....I really hope this is a distinct Asajj from the map pack one, it should be, but I have a lingering fear that it could be a reprint....doubtful, but slightly possible. I prefer the fighting version/commander version theory. A good boost for Durge JH and other Living Seps will make her a worthwhile piece in GaW.

IMAGE(http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/Uruk-hai_Torch-bearer/Asajj.jpg)

Papi likes. Papi wants. Papi will have.
If at first you don't succeed, spend a force point and roll again.
We did? Where?

I wouldn't be putting a whole lot of stock in conjecture about a "theme" for a set as making a determination about whether a given figure would have a commander or not. I certainly wouldn't declare it a "good assumption". It's a guess at best, and its just as likely the opposite is in fact true.

These kinds of statements are what so often set false expectations for gamers who then are disappointed when the given mini isn't how it was "supposed to be".

For example, we had a thread about how the new Vader didn't "strike fear in the eyes of players" when his stats were released, simply because Rob stated it 6 months before, and people had all sorts of expectations about him as a result of a one liner.

Sarah said it somewhere sometime. I have absolutely no idea where or when.

But, as you said, there's always other stuff in there, and it definately doesn't mean this Ventress will be a commander.

Doesn't mean she won't be, either. I don't care either way.
lambalazarbanner4.png
ok, first of all, thanks for the pic...

second...is it me, or it doesn't look like the pic on a booster... more like a rules insert?
second...is it me, or it doesn't look like the pic on a booster... more like a rules insert?

If it were an actual booster It would have writing in the top corners ("LL 40!" and COLLE" based on the other boosters and the writing location) and should probably be able to see some of the set name on the bottom.

Either way I like it ;)
Custom Minis link fixed - Feel free to comment Trade Thread Galaxy Tiles Mapper
I too think it is booster-art.

Look at your IE-Boosters or the JA-Booster-Pic. The artwork goes around the edges and the 7 silver/gray things on both sides of the pic are on the boosters too. It's just without the text, but definitely Booster-Art.
Good find.
I too think it is booster-art.

Look at your IE-Boosters or the JA-Booster-Pic. The artwork goes around the edges and the 7 silver/gray things on both sides of the pic are on the boosters too. It's just without the text, but definitely Booster-Art.

It will probably be the same art that's on a booster, but it could also be extra promotional art (such as booster art that didn't make the final 3, but they still wanted to use). Either way it's still a good reason to believe there's an Asajj in GaW.
Custom Minis link fixed - Feel free to comment Trade Thread Galaxy Tiles Mapper
Well the OP said it was from the WotC Fall catalog, so it probably will be booster art. I remember the WotC catalog last year had a similar pic of Snow-Bunny Padme.
Asajj did act as Dooku's hand on several covert and diplomatic operations (the kind of diplomacy that doesn't leave witnesses). It would make sense for her to have a commander version.
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
couldn't it be a rulebook?
couldn't it be a rulebook?

Could be, if we were getting a GaW Starter Set (of which I have heard nothing). Or maybe a Map Pack Rule book/insert?
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
We already have a commander Ventress...

Anyway, considering it is definately by the same lady who did the other booster packs, reasonable to say that this is booster art. And looking at my CW starter, it used booster art as well.
Sign In to post comments