Brood's Redemption - 200 points

I really like Maris Brood's possibilities after IE. Here is a Rebel squad utilizing her:

--Brood's Redemption--
55 Master Kota
49 Maris Brood
35 Han Solo, Rebel Hero
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
5 Caamasi Noble
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 12 activations)

Kota is obviously present to boost Brood's stats. He is also has the ability to use Repulse 5. Han grants Advantageous to Brood (as well as the Caamasi). The TBSV gives Maris a free LS Assault. Rieekan's CE helps Brood, Kota, Han and the rest of the gang.

My only real issue is the use of the TBSV. While I like the piece, I'm not sure about it in this build. I like the possibility of Maris moving 8 and still attacking 4 times for 120 damage. With LS Assault, she is restricted to 6. Plus that saves some FPs for attack and evade re-rolls.

Also, Dodonna is another iffy inclusion. I'm leaning towards putting in IE R2 for his Recon/Override. In addition to Dodonna, I suppose you could change Kota to Jolee Bindo. That does save some more room for additional support.

Any suggestions or comments?
Great ideas to bring out an outstanding obscure figure in my opinion!

Maris needs a high attack to hit targets as well. Master Kota helps this but Master Kota is limited without R2 astro or Luke throwing him in someones face.

It feels like Maris would fit into a rebel cannon or GOWK squad well. I tried Maris with GOWK a while back and did ok.

hmm maybe:

Kota
Luke Commando
Force Spirit Obi Wan
Maris
support

Luke Commando adds a new element to Kota and more distance for Maris.

or you could try:

Kota
Maris
Dash Renegade
K-3PO
Mouse droids!!!

with other staple rebel stuff etc..!
Great ideas to bring out an outstanding obscure figure in my opinion!

Maris needs a high attack to hit targets as well. Master Kota helps this but Master Kota is limited without R2 astro or Luke throwing him in someones face.

It feels like Maris would fit into a rebel cannon or GOWK squad well. I tried Maris with GOWK a while back and did ok.

hmm maybe:

Kota
Luke Commando
Force Spirit Obi Wan
Maris
support

Luke Commando adds a new element to Kota and more distance for Maris.

or you could try:

Kota
Maris
Dash Renegade
K-3PO
Mouse droids!!!

with other staple rebel stuff etc..!

Yeah, I did think about a Swap squad for her with K-3PO. Certainly makes more sense with Kota too. I would probably drop the TBSV and a Mouse for K-3PO. I think Han can do just fine as a support shooter. And he does do well with Evade.
Although Kota is a great character, you might want to explore your idea of swapping him out for Jolee. Kota helps fewer of his allies than Jolee, and Jolee frees up about 30 more points to play with.
True. I am considering switching out the Vigo for IE R2 and Wicket. I think that would help the squad immensely.
Any other ideas or thoughts?
Wow, I expected at least one more response :P. Oh well. I guess I'm excited about Brood's potential with the Rebels.
Sign In to post comments