Character Builder updated!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thank you Kishus for the heads up! Updates appear to have been completed even though it shows Closed Beta still (guess they just haven't opened the download to everyone at this point).
IMAGE(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/SoulCatcher78/techdevil78.jpg)
edited:

For those, like me, who just looked at the installer, it's still named CB. Download it and run it anyway.
There still isn't an auto-updater for this yet, so we do have to download the whole program once again is this correct?

If so: cool.

If not: What is it we need to do?

Edit:

Oh well. Its still only levels 1-3. It'll be the second half of January before the character builder becomes truly useful to anything but a 1-3 level campaign.
As a beta, it isn't really meant for actual use. It is meant for testing by a large number of people who are willing to put up with some rough edges in exchange.

I understand the desire for 30 levels (or even 10)! My own character just got to 4th, making CB less useful.

In the meantime, I'm going to be working with all the goodies from Martial Power, and the Barbarian, and sending back bugs and suggestions to hopefully make the final version better.
There still isn't an auto-updater for this yet, so we do have to download the whole program once again is this correct?

If so: cool.

If not: What is it we need to do?

Edit:

Oh well. Its still only levels 1-3. It'll be the second half of January before the character builder becomes truly useful to anything but a 1-3 level campaign.

All I did was uninstall the old beta and download and install the new beta. As long as you don't delete the folder in my documents, the characters you made with the first beta will be there.
I've downloaded the executable, but when I run it it throws up a "cannot connect to network". I am at work, maybe it uses a port thats blocked. Guess I'll have to wait till I get home. Anybody else "getting connect"?
All I did was uninstall the old beta and download and install the new beta. As long as you don't delete the folder in my documents, the characters you made with the first beta will be there.

In addition to doing it this way, I just downloaded the new beta, and installed right over everything there - it saved my old information, but the new beta was working fine - yay.