Your fave pose?

So we've gotten a lot of reprinted characters in different poses. When you include one in your squad, if you're only bringing one, which one do you opt to bring out first?

For Stormtroopers, I always like #37 from Rebel Storm. He's got the coolest sculpt, IMO, and is ready to take out any Rebel scum he comes across. As an alternate, I like the one from Force Unleashed. He's been working out. I like having him as my door opener because he looks like a bouncer... With a blaster.

When it comes to Rebel Troopers, I like #18 from Rebel Storm. He's one of the kneeling troopers from Tantive IV, giving his life for the Princess against the tyrannical Empire. The other one from that set looks too much like the Elite Rebel Trooper and I have a difficult time telling the difference. And the third version... Well, it has a square base, :P

Sep Battle Droids? I don't think they come in any better version than the Universe one. After opening so many boosters with bent over BD's, it was so refreshing to see one with a cool pose and didn't look like it was coming up against a huge gust of wind.

Fielding a Clone Trooper? My preference goes to #7 from CS (or #2 from the CW starter). The much maligned Clones from CS could never stand up to the Stormies of RS in terms of sculpt and paint job, but I always liked the Phase I armor the best hence it gets my vote...

Well, you get the picture, let's hear from you. Feel free to include other reprinted characters...
Stormtrooper Officer from the Endor supplement. One of the overall best poses and paintjobs of any set imho. Great quality mini.

Though I do really like the Jawa Scout too
Heavy Stormtrooper (A/E)
Scout Trooper (RS)
Stormtrooper #38 (RS)
Elite Hoth Trooper (A/E)
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
your fav pose???

c'mon people... there are kids around....
I prefer the Universe Stormtrooper.
your fav pose???

LOL!
My Trade thread can be found here: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1142814 Proud creator of the myspace group, dedicated to SWM: http://groups.myspace.com/starwarsminiature Trading references earned, over 60+ WOTC refs in GTL: Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (1.0) / Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (2.0) / Kenred2's WOTC GTL ref (2.1) Great traders: Admiral_Bossk (3x), eMouse, MandaloreTheFirst (5x), Vilrin (3x), swinefeld (2x), Phlash007 (2x), skilanky64 (2x), nuksaa (2x), Sith_Slayer (2x), Vlad9969, Darth Omron, Garc, Boba_The_Hunter, lordofnitril, ChuckaFett, darthkraft, AlexB1001, creme_brule, Chiech, RocWrangler, Phenix, hunter73, Markedman247, xwingmaster529, TenEyedMan, Bantha_Rawk, wampafang, monni316, Evil_Eater_of_Dream, thunderchunky11, lestiff416, DefenseRules, armoredgear7, Darth_Telson, Trey22, jafo17, Jedi_Tarja, Jankyplay18, TB5628, Banesbane, hothie, Revandarth, bandersnee, Chargers, Sejanus, Neifi Great dealers: Bo_Mastar, mandaloreresurrector, Madslaust, barzillai, Lone__Gunman, DaMegaFish, Dark_Jedi_21, Lambalazar, Max_Rebo, Leif_G Very helpful people: Trey22, Capin_ahab
Clone Trooper - 9/60 Revenge of the Sith, the 501st.

Stormtroopers - any of the Rebel Storm ones.

Nikto soldier - Alliance & Empire one. What? ;)
your fav pose???

:P

I second this one.

But there are bunchs of reposed figs at this point. I like a lot of the reposes from Universe.

The clone trooper, the battle droid. All of them were awesome in compared to some of the others. While I perfer the phase 1 armor for the clones the sculpts in phase 1 just aren't good.

I do like the new Vong Warrior sculpt, to bad it has a short staff instead of a long one like the agent officer.

But I think the best repose of them all is on a worthless piece; The Nikto Soldier. Yes the piece is aweful stat wise, but man does it look good in comparesion to the one from CS.
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."

Really? He's my least favorite. I think he's supplied at least one laugh on the "You Make the Captions" thread.

Is he trying to tell you how tall you have to be to ride? Is he saying something like, "Whoa, hoss!" ?

Is he the sculpt I should use for my Intoxicated Stormtrooper custom?

I prefer a Rebel Storm version myself, though I'm not sure which number.
If we are also talking uniques:
Luke Skywalker, CotF
Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander
Darth Vader, Scourge
Jango Fett, BH
Han RH
Lando Calrissian (original)

If we are just talking non-uniques:
A&E Trandoshan Merc
A&E Heavy Stormtrooper
Universe Battle Droid
CS Nikto
BOTH Imperial Knights
RS Rebel Commando
RS 55/60; CS 54/60; RotS 55/60; UH 46/60; CotF 60/60; BH 44/60; A&E 58/60; FU 49/60; LotF 60/60; KotOR 57/60;
CW 40/40; IE 39/40; JA 40/40; GaW 40/40; DT 39/40; MotF 40/40
my favorite sculpt in this game is still the universe rancor.
My all-time favorite is Obi-Wan Kenobi Unleashed; great pose, awesome detail (his robes have texturing, unlike most figures), and a superior sculpting job on his face. I clipped off the green light saber blade and replaced it with a blue one off of another mini to make him my ultimate OT Obi-Wan.

Regards,

V
I don't have a favourite pose, but if anyone from WotC is reading don't make non-uniques in poses that look silly in multiples. Generics should look generic.

Figures on my do-not-buy-multiples list:
"I'm off" scout troopers
"who's that?" Corellian Security Officer
"I think I've put my back out" Devaronian Bounty Hunter
"pole dancing" Twi'lek Bodyguard
Weequay Mercenary
Noghri
From 10th to most favorite

Uniques (favorite pose of a multiple-incarnation character)
10. Han Rebel Hero
9. Lando DS
8. Yoda CS
7. Obiwan Unleashed (and I LOVE the Green saber)
6. Darth Tyranus LOTDS
5. Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
4. Anakin Sith Apprentice
3. Boba Fett Mercenary Commander
2. Darth Maul COTS
1. Darth Vader Unleashed

Non uniques
10. Universe Battle Droid
9. Universe Clone Trooper
8. Elite Hoth Trooper RS
7. Rebel Commando RS
6. Rebel Trooper AE
5. Snowtrooper RS
4. Super Battle Droid ROTS 40/60
3. Scout Trooper RS
2. Stormtrooper Officer RS
1. Stormtrooper RS 37/60
I personally like the pose of Imperial Governor Tarkin.

Maybe it's because I tend to fold my arms a lot, and I somehow wind up in his pose :P
Darth Vader, Dark Jedi

The guy only lights up his saber when he duels Obi-Wan, when he duels Luke, and then when he duels Luke again. Despite what we see in games, Vader didn't even have the blade on during the Battle of Hoth, much less during the taking of the Tantive IV.

I'd like to see another "commander" Vader who doesn't have an ignited lightsaber, dancing around with it psychedelically.

Maybe a pose with his hands on his hips, or marching forward, like he often appears in the Original Trilogy.
Darth Vader, Dark Jedi

The guy only lights up his saber when he duels Obi-Wan, when he duels Luke, and then when he duels Luke again. Despite what we see in games, Vader didn't even have the blade on during the Battle of Hoth, much less during the taking of the Tantive IV.

I'd like to see another "commander" Vader who doesn't have an ignited lightsaber, dancing around with it psychedelically.

Maybe a pose with his hands on his hips, or marching forward, like he often appears in the Original Trilogy.

That's true, the DJ is one of my fave Vaders in terms of sculpt and pose. It just has Force Grip written all over it.

If we're talking uniques as well, I'd have to give Han Solo, Rebel Hero my vote amongst all the Han's available with the Scoundrel version being a close second (it's so iconic).

Other non-uniques: I've always preferred the #27 Bodyguard Droid from RotS (or the rock star as my friends and I like to call him) over the other version. He's getting his rock band on and I dig it, man!
Revan is my absolute fav for mini sculpt & pose. I also like Boba BH.

Leif
I like the use of the translucent plastic to add to sculpts. You'll see this in my list

1. Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter - its the only fig that got a verbal reaction from me when i saw it. Very Dynamic, totally out of the scene in AotC.

2. Boba fett, enforcer - the fig is smallish but i love the sculpt its how i imagine fett uses his backpack missile.

3. Grievous droid army commander - blows away the jedi hunter pose. Looks menacing with his tall hunched sculpt.

4. Luke Skywalker Hoth Pilot Unleashed

5 Han SCoundrel - Icoinc
#1 picks

Boba Fett (RS)
Chewbacca, Enraged Wookie (A+E)
Destroyer Droid (CS)
Emperor Palpatine (RS)
Ewok
Han Solo, Smuggler (KO)
Jedi Consular
Kyle Katarn (UV)
Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed (FU)
Mandalorian Supercommando
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand (RS)
Mara Jade, Jedi (A+E)
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padawan (KO)
Plo Koon
Princess Leia, Captive (RS)
Princess Leia, Senator (RS)
Probe Droid
R2-D2 (RS)
Rodian Black Sun Vigo
Sandtrooper
Scout Trooper (RS)
Stormtrooper Commander
Tamtel Skreej (Lando Calrissian)
Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed
Verpine Tech
Wookiee Commando
Wookiee Elite Warrior
Wookiee Freedom Fighter
Wookiee Scout
Wookiee Trooper
Wookiee Warrior
Young Krayt Dragon
Awesome poses
1 Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed --Unspeakably cool looking
2 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
3 Mara Jade, Jedi
4 Darth Krayt
5 Master Lucien Draay --Most other Jedi have their lightsaber behind them (HPU....) but he looks like he's actually blocking/deflecting/riposte-ing
6 Boba Fett, Enforcer

Boba Fett, MC; Jango Fett BH; VAU; Luke CotF; etc. I'll have to wait until I get them to rate them

I like the standing CS clone trooper; I can't imagine why they chose the other one to reprint in the starter.

Bad Poses:
CS Nikto Soldier --Is he French or something?
Universe Stormtrooper

Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter --Come on, can't you make it more dynamic
Really? He's my least favorite. I think he's supplied at least one laugh on the "You Make the Captions" thread.

Is he trying to tell you how tall you have to be to ride? Is he saying something like, "Whoa, hoss!" ?

Is he the sculpt I should use for my Intoxicated Stormtrooper custom?

I prefer a Rebel Storm version myself, though I'm not sure which number.

Yeah he really is. He seems more alert than the others. He is at guard (if you know what I am getting at.) I dont really pay attention to where his other had was. I like the two from RS that arent running but just not as much as this one.

On a side note the mini I liek the least is the RS Scout Trooper. Why is he acting so cowardly by running away? my Vader should strike him dead for running away lol
Bob Fett (RS)

He was the first picture I saw of the coming game before it was released. I loved how he looked.
He looked tough, cool, not like he was gonna wind up a crummy alien Hungryman Dinner (Robot chicken figured it out...lol)

Then when the game came out he was literally my first pull from my first booster. I knew I was sunk. He looked even better to me than I thought possible. My wife smiled and said there at least I got the guy I wanted so it was getting off easy. Boy was she wrong...lol

Other faves include...
Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter 37BH
Han Solo, Rebel Hero 47Univ ( I mean c'mon it's Mal freakin Reynolds..lol)
Komari Vosa, 39BH (she's a criminal...criminal's are hot!)
Shaak Ti, Jedi Master, 3FU
Gungan Shieldbearer, 25KOTOR

Nuff said
Bossk, Bounty Hunter
Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter
Han Solo in Carbonite
Tamtel Skreej (Lando)
Rodian Black Sun Vigo
Sign In to post comments