Wide Beta Update, R&D Challenge Event, July MOCS and MOPR Promos, Extended Downtime 6/25
Big Wide Beta changes are coming with the downtime on Wednesday, and trade sees the biggest changes.
Trades now open in their own window, which matches the behavior of the Duel Scene. In addition, we've added a Search Tool to the trade scene. This lets you compare your trade partner's binder to your wishlist or to any deck lists you may have imported and automatically add cards you need to your part of the trade, which is much more in line with how players expect wishlists to work. In addition, we've updated chat behavior around trade to account for the new trade updates, as well as fixed some outstanding trade bugs, including how decks and binders are updated after adding or removing cards to your collection.
Speaking of chat, we've added a new setting that opens all new incoming chats on top the main windows to make it easier to see incoming messages. This setting is optional and can be found in your Account Settings. We've also added the ability to close chat tabs without needing to first drag them out of the chat window.
We've also fixed issues around importing decks, especially those that contain versions of cards that are not in your collection and Magic Online will substitute versions you have for version you don't have when possible. In addition, if you have a deck that includes a version of a card you don't have, when you join a match or tournament with that deck, it will automatically substitute versions you do have when you play. For decks that may be illegal, deck error messages have been updated to be more informative.
Other updates include a setting to block challenges from players not on your buddies list, removing the footer from the Duel Scene and Trade to reclaim some vertical space, improving memory usage in certain scenes, and fixing some outstanding bugs, such as the issue that stacked windows in the Duel Scene on top of each other without a way interact with the bottom window.
Check out the full list of changes at the bottom of the page.
Do you have the Magic chops to beat the folks in R&D at their own game? R&D has drawn their line in the sand with the announcement of the next R&D Challenge Event on Friday, June 27! The format? Standard Constructed Swiss. The prizes? Bragging rights. Also: booster packs.
Don't worry, R&D only gets the bragging rights. Any boosters they would win are distributed evenly among the players with 15 match points.
R&D's Chosen Champions
- Lee Sharpe
- Adam Prosak
- Ben Hayes
- Ian Duke
- Bryan Hawley
- Tim Aten
- Tom LaPille
- Erik Lauer
- Sam Stoddard
- Ryan Spain
- Jonathon Loucks
- Dave Humpherys
- Allison Medwin
2014 Magic Online Championship Series
The MOCS 2014 July Season runs from June 25, 2014, through July 30, 2014. The promo card is:
Magic Online Player Rewards Program
The June MOPR period runs June 25, 2014, through July 30, 2014. Here are the promo cards:
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, June 25, for Magic Online. Events close at 12:00 AM PDT (07:00 UTC), midnight, and store activity and trades end at 2:45 AM PDT (09:45 UTC) leading up to the system coming down at 3:00 AM PDT (10:00 UTC).
Please plan ahead!
- All tournaments will close at 5:00 AM PDT (12:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 7:45 AM PDT (14:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM PDT (15:00 to 19:00 UTC)
Wide Beta Client Notes:
- Updated: New art for the Splash, Log In, and Home scenes.
- Updated: Removed footer bar from Duel Scene, Game Details, and Trade windows.
- Fixed: Improved memory usage in several areas.
- Fixed: Issue that could prevent players' accounts from logging off immediately after disconnecting or closing the client.
- Fixed: Magic Online will automatically substitute cards when joining matches or tournaments with a deck that has versions of a card not in your collection if you have versions of that card in your collection.
- Fixed: Issue that could result in temporary windows not displaying in Multiplayer.
- Fixed: Issue that caused temporary windows to be stacked on top of each other and irrevocably linked.
- Fixed: Several issues around associations and targeting.
- Fixed: Cards that create ongoing effects are now correctly associated with their targets and their targets are now correctly associated with them.
- Fixed: Draft issue that allowed visual duplicates to be dragged to the sideboard and block deck submission.
- Fixed: Submit button state changes correctly when decks are made legal or illegal for submission.
- Fixed: Several crashes around deck management.
- Updated: Trades now open in their own window.
- Added: New trade search tool that uses the Wishlist or imported deck files to filter trade partner's Trade Binder.
- Updated: Improved deck and binder import performance.
- Fixed: Importing decks using .txt files makes card substitutions based on your collection.
- Updated: Deck legality messages now have more accurate wording.
- Fixed: Changing the Animate Foil, Show Reminder Text, and Show Flavor Text options now appear immediately in Collection.
- Fixed: Collection now dims cards you don't have in your collection correctly.
- Updated: Active trade binders now update correctly after trades.
- Fixed: Issue that caused classifieds posts to not update.
- Updated: Disabled the ability to unselect "Show all versions" during a trade.
- Fixed: Issue that could prevent context menu options from working correctly in trade.
- Updated: Decks legality display will be correct after adding card to or removing cards your collection.
- Fixed: Order History now updates during a session, not only on new sessions.
- Fixed: Updated password field size and rules management.
- Fixed: Increased the size of the security question display.
- Added: Setting to ensure new chats always appear on top of other windows.
- Updated: Trade chat now opens and indicates that a player has accepted the trade.
- Updated: Trade chat now stays open after closing a trade.
- Added: Setting to block challenges from non-buddies.
- Updated: Chat tabs can be closed without first undocking them.
- Fixed: Billing and Shipping addresses update correctly when making changes during a purchase.