Hot Magic Online jobs, MOCS Dec Season Make-up Prelims & Finals, 3/26 extended downtime, and release notes.
Monday, February 17, 2014 10AM PST
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 Downtime
|Saturday, March 8|
MOCS February (Season 3) Finals
7:00 AM PST (15:00 UTC)
Sunday, March 9
U.S. Time Change to PDT
(UTC -7 hours)
2014 MOCS December Season
(Season 1) Make-Up Preliminaries
See schedule for event times
|Saturday, March 15|
2014 MOCS December Season
(Season 1) Make-Up Finals
7:00 AM PDT (14:00 UTC)
With the release of Born of the Gods, events and prizes will be rotated. The Events Calendar will be updated with full details on the dates indicated.
|Wednesday, March 5|
|Following the end of BNG Release events, regular Sealed and Daily event scheduling will resume.|
There's madness coming to the March season of MOCS! By madness, I mean sweetness, and by sweetness, I mean the awesome new-art promo Lion's Eye Diamond.
Check this card out: Zero mana cost, and it can give you three mana of any one color. The new art by Lindsey Look gives this venerable powerhouse a cool facelift, too.
Want one of your own? You can get one (and if you're really good at Magic Online, maybe even more than one!) by playing in events that earn you Qualifier Points (also known as QPs) during the MOCS March Season, and the MOCS Season Preliminaries. Get complete details on the 2014 MOCS page.
The Magic Online Operations team is looking to expand its team with new Digital Events Coordinators. This position will oversee online events as they happen, in real time. So, we are looking for someone with a passion for Magic who has experience supporting Magic tournaments.
Does your dream job involve watching and monitoring Magic Online premier tournaments? If so apply today!
We are also looking for a Digital Art Director for Magic Online. This position is responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining the aesthetic elements of Magic Online to ensure that they are consistent with brand objectives. The Digital Art Director is also responsible for guiding the aesthetic quality of the game from pre-production, through to final production.
Check out these jobs:
On Wednesday, March 12, Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt will no longer be available for purchase from the Magic Online Store following the downtime.
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, March 26, for Magic Online. The system will come down at 10:00 PM PDT (5:00 UTC) on Tuesday evening, March 25 (online store and trades will cease prior to this).
Please plan ahead!
Don't forget that the 2014 MOCS December Season (Season 1) Preliminaries and Finals are coming up!
Preliminaries begin on Wednesday, March 12, with event times scheduled through Friday, March 14. Check the MOCS schedule for specific event times.
Finals will then be held on Saturday, March 15, at 7:00 AM PDT (14:00 UTC). The format for both Preliminaries and Finals is Standard.
- The system will go into "No Pay" at 5:00 AM PST
- Store and trades will be shut off at approximately 7:45 AM PST
- The system will be down from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST
Current Client and Wide Beta Client Notes:
- Updated: Events with a 64 player minimum or less that do not reach the minimum number of players required will now auto-refund entries to all players who were still signed up for the event when the event is cancelled due to not enough players.
- Updated: Events with a Top 8 will now have a two-minute wait period between the Swiss rounds and the Top 8 similar to the two-minute wait between all other rounds.
- Fixed: Constructed events now properly pair the Top 8 and Top 4 rounds. Pairing for Constructed Events now follow section 10.4 of the Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules.
- Fixed: Events now award prizes correctly in situations when all all players but one drop from the event.
- Updated: The email sent by the Magic Online Account Creation system has upgraded usability.
- Updated: Magic Online admins now have the ability to arbitrate matches.
Wide Beta Client Notes:
- Fixed: Several crashes around display and data updates.
- Updated: Added more error logging the game client.
- Fixed: Links in nested tool tips can now be clicked.
- Updated: Tool tip layout has been adjusted.
- Fixed: Cards players haven’t collected yet are dimmed in the Collection.