Errata Thread

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ok, so my fellow GM is poring over the module for thoughts and preparation.

First thing's first: Eldritch Blast. The Red Wizards have it, but there's no description of it anywhere. I saw on dndclassics.com someone suggested using 1d8+Int damage for this cantrip.

Second item: No/Few Magic Weapons. And lots of resistance/immunity to mundane weapons. It's gonna be fun to be a fighter!

Couple of my players have queried the DC for a dragonborns breath weapon as the Interim rules pack doesnt appear to have it listed. Thankfully I've got all of the previous packets saved for reference.

It should read as "DC is equal to 8 + Constitution modifer + proficiency bonus".

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

mortaine wrote:

First thing's first: Eldritch Blast. The Red Wizards have it, but there's no description of it anywhere. I saw on dndclassics.com someone suggested using 1d8+Int damage for this cantrip.

Second item: No/Few Magic Weapons. And lots of resistance/immunity to mundane weapons. It's gonna be fun to be a fighter!

There is an updated rules supplement which has the full description of Eldritch Blast, along with a few other missing spell and magic item descriptions.  Eldritch Blast does 1d10.

See page 23 regarding treasure.  1 in 7 Dread Warriors have a magic weapon.  The very first paragraph on the page specifically notes that changing treasure to be useful is actively encouraged.

thugmeister wrote:

mortaine wrote:

There is an updated rules supplement which has the full description of Eldritch Blast, along with a few other missing spell and magic item descriptions.  Eldritch Blast does 1d10.

See page 23 regarding treasure.  1 in 7 Dread Warriors have a magic weapon.  The very first paragraph on the page specifically notes that changing treasure to be useful is actively encouraged.

The rules updates are mainly specific to the Dungeon Master, correct? Players who are holding off on purchasing the module until after the season are inquiring about effects to their characters, though nothing jumped out at me during a quick skim.

Danny

Herbalism Kit doesn't have a price in the Equipment PDF. I set it at 5 gp, same as Healer's Kit.

Anyone know where to find the Efreeti At Will spell Produce Flame or have suggestions? It is not in the updated Dead in Thay spell list or any of the older PDFs.

Give this a try, until we get an official version:

Produce Flame

1st-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: Special

Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

Flames appear in your open hand; they harm neither you nor your equipment. The flames provide bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light in a 40-foot radius.

You can make an attack roll to hit a creature with the flame. You have a bonus to the roll equal to your magic ability modifier + your spellcasting bonus, if any. The flames have a range of 30 feet/120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage.

No sooner do the flames leave your hand than a new set appears. Each attack you make reduces the remaining duration by 1 minute. If an attack reduces the remaining duration to 0 minutes or less, the spell ends after the attack resolves.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

Grotonomus wrote:

Anyone know where to find the Efreeti At Will spell Produce Flame or have suggestions? It is not in the updated Dead in Thay spell list or any of the older PDFs.

Given that it is an at-will cantrip, I was planning to use the Sacred Flame block and replace radiant with fire.  So at 12th level it would be 3d8 fire damage on a failed dex save (DC 13).

The produce flame is probably a lot less problematic than efreeti subjected to a clever party bargaining with them for their freedom.  A party + efreeti is a lot more complicated.

The efreeti uses it At Will, but in 2E it was a 1st-level druid spell/2nd-level M-U.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

Two stone giants are listed as creatures in the adventure in the Stone Quarry but I can find no listing of their stats.  Anyone else notice this? (page 62 of the adventure)

Wight (and other undead level drain):

How are you guys interpreting the ine:

~The wight makes two attacks, either with its longsword or longbow. It can use Life Drain in place of one other attack.

Because I"ll tell ya - it  seems pretty meaningless.

If it can't use Life Drain as part of the multi-attack - the line isn't needed at all and only serves to confuse the issue and shouldn't be there at all.

And if it can, it sure doesn't say what it ought to say.  Perhaps "in place of one of the attacks" (my guess, with a bad auto-edit messing it up) or "in place of either attack" is what they intended.

But either way, the sentence as written doesn't say whatever they want it to say.

Carl

CarlT wrote:

Wight (and other undead level drain):

How are you guys interpreting the ine:

~The wight makes two attacks, either with its longsword or longbow. It can use Life Drain in place of one other attack.

Because I"ll tell ya - it  seems pretty meaningless.

If it can't use Life Drain as part of the multi-attack - the line isn't needed at all and only serves to confuse the issue and shouldn't be there at all.

And if it can, it sure doesn't say what it ought to say.  Perhaps "in place of one of the attacks" (my guess, with a bad auto-edit messing it up) or "in place of either attack" is what they intended.

But either way, the sentence as written doesn't say whatever they want it to say.

Carl

I've been having the wights make one sword attack and one claw (Energy Drain) attack per round in melee.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Cendragon wrote:

Two stone giants are listed as creatures in the adventure in the Stone Quarry but I can find no listing of their stats.  Anyone else notice this? (page 62 of the adventure)

I hadtthat same issue- grabbed it from the beistery 

Sign In to post comments