Week 6 Field Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

Great session down at our FLGS this week (the write up is here), we didnt get as far as I had hoped we would so I think we might be cutting Phylund Lodge out of the following sessions, but we'll see how long they take at Harpshield.

Really enjoying the adventure itself but just wish the powers that be would give us longer seasons to fit everything in, while it may be possible to play a little longer than the 2 hour slot we currently have it would depend on peoples travel arrangements (including my own, being at the mercy of public transport) so it may need to be discussed amongst the group before any changes can be made.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

I'm thinking about doing Phylund as a bonus adventure outside of Encounters.

Of course resistance to nonmagical weapons is starting to show up. The only magical weapon so far is at the Lodge.

For session 7 (week 6) we did a mass melee to take Harpshield. They wiped out the two orc camps last week.

My group continues their unconventional approach to the adventure... no, actually it's quite conventional when you look at most D&D players.

Certainly the order we're doing the missions in is far from what you might expect from reading the adventure. It might have something to do with the fact that I've only briefly glanced at the adventure between sessions...

So, this session, we finished off the final encounter in the adventure, and then started one of the earlier portions, Phylund Lodge.

Luckily enough, it still all works.

Full details here!

Oh, and I started using miniatures this session, which met with the players' approval.

Cheers,

Merric

Merric Blackman

Blog: Merric's Musings; On Twitter: MerricB