H1-H3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

983 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thanks for the review dave2008, I have reworked Timesus based on your feedback. The truesight descriptions start to appear in Monster Vault and forward, so I am just trying to follow that design guideline. Made some modifications of the Blackstar Gravity and your Gravity Bomb suggestion. What do you think?

/Myrhdraak

I am having a issue with my home computer and I can't seem to open or download the files.  I will keep trying and let you know.

Myrhdraak wrote:

Thanks for the review dave2008, I have reworked Timesus based on your feedback. The truesight descriptions start to appear in Monster Vault and forward, so I am just trying to follow that design guideline. Made some modifications of the Blackstar Gravity and your Gravity Bomb suggestion. What do you think?

/Myrhdraak

OK, I got it to work.  In general I really like it and I think it should be a great battle - good work!.  Now a few comments:

I really like the improvements to Gravity Bomb.  However, I don't understand the recharge requirement "when not using meteoric speed."  Meteoric Speed is a trait, isn't he always using it?  If you want to limit this to his only turn that round I might suggest:  Special:  When Timesus uses Gravity Bomb it loses its next standard action/turn/whatever, or somethin similar.  As it stands now I am not sure what you are getting at.

The changes to blackstar gravity are more logical in some ways than my suggestion; however, my concern is that since you have made the damage greater as one gets closer to Timesus it will encourage PCs to stand back and attack from range and that is not the type of battle Timesus wants to be in.  That was why I reversed the damage, it encourage people to get within Timesus melee range.  Again, I am not sure what your intent for Blackstar Gravity is, but I saw it as an opportunity to provide some protection from ranged attacks.  If you want to do that as well maybe simply:  "Aura 10, Enemies in the aura take 20 damage and are pulled 5 squares.  In addition, Timesus gains a +4(or +2) bonus to all defenses from ranged attacks made from outside the aura."  Just an idea.  Again, Blackstar Gravity is fine as you have it ( I still like the minor action restriction), I just wanted to add the ranged attack protection.

Looks good and thank you some much for continueing to work on this conversion, it is greatly appreciated.

dave2008 wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

/Myrhdraak

OK, I got it to work.  In general I really like it and I think it should be a great battle - good work!.  Now a few comments:

I really like the improvements to Gravity Bomb.  However, I don't understand the recharge requirement "when not using meteoric speed."  Meteoric Speed is a trait, isn't he always using it?  If you want to limit this to his only turn that round I might suggest:  Special:  When Timesus uses Gravity Bomb it loses its next standard action/turn/whatever, or somethin similar.  As it stands now I am not sure what you are getting at.

The changes to blackstar gravity are more logical in some ways than my suggestion; however, my concern is that since you have made the damage greater as one gets closer to Timesus it will encourage PCs to stand back and attack from range and that is not the type of battle Timesus wants to be in.  That was why I reversed the damage, it encourage people to get within Timesus melee range.  Again, I am not sure what your intent for Blackstar Gravity is, but I saw it as an opportunity to provide some protection from ranged attacks.  If you want to do that as well maybe simply:  "Aura 10, Enemies in the aura take 20 damage and are pulled 5 squares.  In addition, Timesus gains a +4(or +2) bonus to all defenses from ranged attacks made from outside the aura."  Just an idea.  Again, Blackstar Gravity is fine as you have it ( I still like the minor action restriction), I just wanted to add the ranged attack protection.

Looks good and thank you some much for continueing to work on this conversion, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, made some changes based on your feedback. I still want the gravity trait to cause more damage the closer you get, but I added an increasing ranged penalty as you suggested.

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak wrote:

Thanks, made some changes based on your feedback. I still want the gravity trait to cause more damage the closer you get, but I added an increasing ranged penalty as you suggested.

/Myrhdraak

Two thumbs up from me. I really like what you did with the aura.  It is more complex, but really gives the feel of powerful gravitional forces at play.

I really like your Timesus, Myrhdraak!

I'm going to have Nightbringer swoop in when he gets bloodied and devour him (in my campaign he's been hunting the party and Timesus since the start of epic), and morph into some kind of combination primordial thing. I'll enjoy making an amalgamation of the two.

And I think I'll have Timesus leave scattered chunks of elemental-energy-infused rock that the party can break to regain encounter powers or heal after the devouring.

I want to chew on Orcus some more, I really like the Sly Flourish version of Orcus Empowered (and even more, the way he redid the Doresain encounter from the end of E2), but I don't know. Epic capstone fights are so important, but so finicky!

-Hersh

HEROIC FEATS COMPENDIUM

I took me almost half a year, but finally I am finished .... with all 4th Edition Heroic Feats in one document, including all material from the dragon magazines (excluding all campaign specific feats for Eberron or Dark Sun, which I may add later)
It is 375 pages long, but it is easier to find appropriate feats as everything has been divided into sections - Essential style. It greatly made the feat selection simplier for my gaming group. It would have been a great book sold by WotC in this transit period to keep up sales. But if they don't - you have to do the hard work yourself.

/Myrhdraak

Made a quick and simplified map for H2 Orcus Conversion, encounter T1 the First Defence for my game tonight - providing a link in case anyone else finds it useful. 

http://www.cartographersguild.com/virtual-tabletop-battlemap-mapping/25969-quick-battlemap-game-shrine-undeath-floor-1-a.html

Also, I have a couple of questions or notes about the last few encounters at the end of H2 Orcus Conversion:

1. The stat block for the Bronze Warder appears to have too many hp (the lvl 10 Elite Warder in Monster Vault: TotNV has the same quantity) so this should be reduced to level 7 range.

2. Paldemar's statblock has:

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
 Magic Missile (arcane, force) * At-Will (1/round)
 Attack: Ranged 10 (one creature)
 Effect: 14 damage.

The intent behind this power is unclear: was it supposed to be a minor action? Or this supposed to be triggered by something?

Jacktannery wrote:

Made a quick and simplified map for H2 Orcus Conversion, encounter T1 the First Defence for my game tonight - providing a link in case anyone else finds it useful. 

http://www.cartographersguild.com/virtual-tabletop-battlemap-mapping/25969-quick-battlemap-game-shrine-undeath-floor-1-a.html

Also, I have a couple of questions or notes about the last few encounters at the end of H2 Orcus Conversion:

1. The stat block for the Bronze Warder appears to have too many hp (the lvl 10 Elite Warder in Monster Vault: TotNV has the same quantity) so this should be reduced to level 7 range.

2. Paldemar's statblock has:

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
 Magic Missile (arcane, force) * At-Will (1/round)
 Attack: Ranged 10 (one creature)
 Effect: 14 damage.

The intent behind this power is unclear: was it supposed to be a minor action? Or this supposed to be triggered by something?

Thanks for the feedback Jack. The statblock is actually wrong in the Monster Vault data. ((10+1) x 8 + 21) x 2 = 218 should be the correct value in the Monster Vault, but I guess it is a copy error from the H2 adventure. The Paldemar's magic missile attack is supposed to be a Minor Action (in order for him to deal enough damage. I saw it was not force damage in the entry either, so I corrected it and uploaded a new version. I have also found that the Chasm Fort plays out better before the Sea of Shadow encounter (at least for our party), so I have changed the order of those.

If you are happy to contribute, I would be happy to put your battle map inside the map pack, with a referense to your contribution.

/Myrhdraak

Hi Myrthdraak, I really love what you have done. In the last few posts you have mentioned you have made updates. Will you be uploading those updates to E1-3 for us to download?

I would appreaciate it if you did.

reagrds,

Vince.

------------

Have a great day

VinceP wrote:

Hi Myrthdraak, I really love what you have done. In the last few posts you have mentioned you have made updates. Will you be uploading those updates to E1-3 for us to download?

I would appreaciate it if you did.

reagrds,

Vince.

------------

Have a great day

I think I have already done that (but maybe not in the combined monster document, if that is the one you are refering to. Will check.

I realized when by group levelled up to 6th level that is was quite a mess for them trying to find all their powers from various sources. So I have now created a Fighter Compendium, Wizard Compendium, Cleric Compendium, Paladin Compendium and Rogue Compendium, where I have put together all the powers for each class into one document, to make it easier for my players to compare all the various powers for each level. They came out great in the end. Wish WotC were selling them! So far I have only done Level 1 to 10. But with my Word Visual Basic script it have gone much faster than anticipated.

I would like to begin by saying that I love your work. The idea of a theme continuing from H1 to E3 for a single massive epic adventure is something I've always wanted to do, but had never had the drive to.

That being said, I believe you might want to work a bit on your writing skills. Many times during your H3 conversion just during the beginning in Fallcrest (which was kind of messy), I found myself needing to reword what you had written for it to make sense or be less redundant. There were also a few moments when reading aloud, I noticed words that were out of place in the sentence or context. In other instances, your choice of wording is... awkward. The words you use don't feel right for the tone/feel of a D&D game and feel more like something someone in the modern age would say which is not a good thing, in my opinion. This, of course, is just based on what I saw from some of your earliest work so I'm sure you're better by now. 

Anyway, just wanted to say that I loved the conversions regardless. Thanks for taking the time to make them! 

Totsuzenshi wrote:

I would like to begin by saying that I love your work. The idea of a theme continuing from H1 to E3 for a single massive epic adventure is something I've always wanted to do, but had never had the drive to.

That being said, I believe you might want to work a bit on your writing skills. Many times during your H3 conversion just during the beginning in Fallcrest (which was kind of messy), I found myself needing to reword what you had written for it to make sense or be less redundant. There were also a few moments when reading aloud, I noticed words that were out of place in the sentence or context. In other instances, your choice of wording is... awkward. The words you use don't feel right for the tone/feel of a D&D game and feel more like something someone in the modern age would say which is not a good thing, in my opinion. This, of course, is just based on what I saw from some of your earliest work so I'm sure you're better by now. 

Anyway, just wanted to say that I loved the conversions regardless. Thanks for taking the time to make them! 

Having Swedish as my native language, it sadly limits my ability to get the right "feeling" to the text in English. With H1 and H2, I actually got some help with people correcting the text for me. Which it seems you have noticed the lack off in H3.

Regards,

Myrhadraak

Bug report. We're running through P3.

The stats in the monster update for urishtar. Encounter K0 and K10 are completely out of whack. Theres no way that a level 20 solo should have 20 AC. And the hitpoints seem low too.

But in general, your work has been great. Thanks for doing it.

parpanians wrote:

Bug report. We're running through P3.

The stats in the monster update for urishtar. Encounter K0 and K10 are completely out of whack. Theres no way that a level 20 solo should have 20 AC. And the hitpoints seem low too.

But in general, your work has been great. Thanks for doing it.

Yes, a clear copy error. Fixed with the correct numbers now. Thanks for pointing it out.

/Myrhdraak

Myrhdraak wrote:

Yes, a clear copy error. Fixed with the correct numbers now. Thanks for pointing it out.

/Myrhdraak

Did you upload it? I can't see any changes to the file.

parpanians wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

/Myrhdraak

Did you upload it? I can't see any changes to the file.

Yes. Please clear you cache in the browser, which might have the old version still laying there.

Show
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS IN HERE - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY PLAYING THE ADVENTURES

H1 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
H2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
H3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
P1 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
P2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
P3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
E1 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
E2 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
E3 Conversion Guide: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
H1-E3 Monster Update: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...
Conversion Guide Maps: web.comhem.se/mwester/Shadowfell/Documen...

Also read my Pathfinder: Reign of Winter 4th Edition Conversion  

Myrhdraak wrote:

Yes. Please clear you cache in the browser, which might have the old version still laying there.

I've double checked. I'm still seeing the old version.

This is the monster update pdf.

parpanians wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

Ok, thats right. I have not updated that one. Will do.

parpanians wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

parpanians wrote:

Myrhdraak wrote:

Finally did update it.