1/29/2014 UR: "The Gods of Born of the Gods"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Is it just me or does Phenax look very much like a Returned?

The Planeswalker's Guide to Theros was one of the best flavor articles on this website because it went into such great detail about the Gods that  felt like they perfectly fit their colors, while still super unique. But these single parapgraph descriptions are so boilerplate and chintzy, they all feel so generic, especially Phenax. There are so many pictures and so litte words, it feels like a Buzzfeed listicle.

...That's it? Four gods to describe and the article barely breaks three hundred words including the introduction? Really? That's all there is?

What about describing the role of Ephara in granting humans magic and overthrowing the archon Agnomakhos? Karametra's relation with and to Anthousa and with Nylea? Mogis's dominion over the minotaurs and the manner in which he's worshipped by humans? The origins of the "Twins of War"? Phenax's relation to the Returned and his encounter with Ashiok? What are any of their reactions to Xenagos's ascension?

As kajillion said, there's so little content here it's less of an article and more of a series of captions for the pictures.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Sign In to post comments