Odd Question - Clerics & Domains

Hey gang,

I have a new player at my table who is interested in playing a cleric and said he heard that you can actually have multiple domains. While I believe this isn't true (found no supporting materials for this) I wouldn't be doing my due diligence if I didn't at least do some digging. I could see it being a possibilty if was treated as a multi class option (even though it is one class). Anyone have any thoughts or input on this?

The playtest rules do not provide a method for Clerics to gain the features of multiple Domains. Your player might be confusing the fact that it was mentioned that gods can have influence in more than one Domain; however, the Classes document specifically states that the Cleric is "granted powers from your god related to one of that deity's domains."

lawrencehoy wrote:

The playtest rules do not provide a method for Clerics to gain the features of multiple Domains. Your player might be confusing the fact that it was mentioned that gods can have influence in more than one Domain; however, the Classes document specifically states that the Cleric is "granted powers from your god related to one of that deity's domains."

Maybe you could MC from cleric into cleric to get a second domain.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

MechaPilot wrote:

lawrencehoy wrote:

Maybe you could MC from cleric into cleric to get a second domain.

You as a DM can create your own domains that your players can choose from. Ask your player which playtest domains he or she finds interesting. Think of a way that these can blend in a way that makes sense. Probably the player already has a notion of why these domains need to work together. Create a new list of spells for a domain with this overall thematic.

Similarly, you can create new Cleric subclasses with special features if necessary.