Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Deck for December 2013

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic ArcanaCard of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of December, 2013.

Anyone else notice that 12post only has 10 posts?

Links need to be fixed so they come to this thread instead of November. But F yeah! Elvish Mystic!

In which set the Urzatron lands were common? Is it a set that was released on Magic On Line?

blissett wrote:

In which set the Urzatron lands were common? Is it a set that was released on Magic On Line?

Master's Edition IV was the online release.  (For paper they were originally common in Antiquities and then again in Chronicles.)

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Yay, it's a return to Booster Tutor tech! More cards should reference "a sealed booster pack".

And how many organs and offspring am I going to have to sell to get ahold of this little kitty? 

It's one thing for these to be "unique promos" but quite another to tease us with something so neat without having a reasonably easy way to acquire one.

Time to stock up on Spellbooks also...

Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013

While I like that they put it in the spotlight I agree the "Here's hoping that whenever your own Stocking Tiger enters the battlefield, under it will be an exciting booster pack!" is just a stupid thing to say.

"...with guest writers from R&D and the Magic Online team..."

Please, please, bring Mark Gottlieb to write one! Or Noah Weil... or both!!  Sniff... sniff... Noah Weil... the best LI ever...

If these sweatshirts were ACTUALLY colored and not gray (looking like those crappy text boxes in Fifth Dawn) I would buy a Red mana sweatshirt.  Lo, they are... gray.

I continue to be horrified at the price of a good standard deck. 300 bucks for one deck is awful steep. And that's before you tack on the 30 bucks for the 2 thoughtseizes. I mean, wow, for me, at least, that's some serious jingle for just one deck. The saddest part, I think, is that the majority of the dough comes from the Blood Barons and the Planeswalkers. You know, those mythic rares that wizards had to have. I cry foul.

Ashen Rider could be a great card, but it's too expensive. I think a CMC of six instead of eight, with P/T set at 3/3, would make it amazing.  

Wherk? Yes, given that that's cheaper than Angel of Despair which saw play in its day (and still does see lots of play in Commander), yes, it would be "amazing". A bit too much so.

Stormbreath Dragon is SO cute. Look at its soft salamandery belly! ^__^

Guest1590352645 wrote:

I continue to be horrified at the price of a good standard deck. 300 bucks for one deck is awful steep. And that's before you tack on the 30 bucks for the 2 thoughtseizes. I mean, wow, for me, at least, that's some serious jingle for just one deck. The saddest part, I think, is that the majority of the dough comes from the Blood Barons and the Planeswalkers. You know, those mythic rares that wizards had to have. I cry foul.

It really depends on the environment

people are willing to spend that much money in standard tournaments ...

but the magic community is much larger than standard

variety suffers in standard

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more

OK, Artist Focus on fridays from now on, and if you can, a 2-minute interview. Also, prioritize new artists.

...Weren't these Mox arts actually commissioned for those big-fake-card Vintage World Champion trophies? Years ago? Pretty sure they've even been talked about in an Arcana before.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.