Wererats/Lycans question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Do Lycanthropes, specifically the wererats such as Slim in this adventure, lose their gear when they shape shift?

I did a search of the forums and found people quoting 4e rules that said they do, then found somewhat contradicting statements that they only lose what is held in their hands but all other gear melds into the new form. Then there are the current rules for Druid's shape shifting;

[Your gear is subsumed in the new shape, so you cannot acces such equipment to activate, wield, or otherwise benefit from it. (For instance and magic item, armor, weapon or shield you have is of no benefit to you.)]

I would have the gear shift with them for this kind of lycanthrope. Otherwise you would have piles of clothes left behind at crime scenes all over town. If you need him to drop something before running, then he drops it or have someone else holding it. I might do something different with diseased were-people as they are not in control. But it really comes down to story need and personal taste.

Thanks.

Funny that these Wererats can inflict Lycanthropy on players but there's nothing showing how to handle that if they do. Time to make some stuff up I guess haha.

I've always played it, especially with regard to Wererats, that if they shift to hybrid form they keep their clothing and equipment and can therefore still attack with weapons or natural abilities. If they go full animal form then their things meld into them.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

If you play Next and read about druids shifting into animals it explains that all gears goes along with the ride.

Your gear is subsumed in the new shape, so you cannot access such equipment to activate, use, wield, or otherwise benefit from it. (For instance, any magic item, armor, weapon or shield you have is of no benefit to you.)

Thanks for the tips

Slice I quoted that same thing in my OP.

Sign In to post comments