D&D Encounters: Legacy of the Crystal Shard – Preview

Great review, I've also enjoyed reading the previous season of Encounters. I find it gives me a better sense of how some DM's are handling the drastic changes to the program! It also gives me options or plot twists I never would've considered alone. Thanks again for helping out by sharing !

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find whether or not this will come with both 4th Ed rules and Playtest packet rules.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I found it.

I should also note that the adventure is compatible with 3.5e, 4e and D&D Next. The monsters the PCs may encounter during the launch weekend are provided in the back of the adventure; their statistics provided for all three editions of D&D.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

@AsureShade

It is edition neutral so you can use 3.5e, 4e, or D&D Next. The materials for D&D Next are included in the latest play test packet. Greg Bilsland confirmed that the 3.5e / 4e materials will be up shortly.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

If they can make the encounters season work equally well for all 3 editions and choose to utilize this approach for adventures and settings going forward that would be a huge boon to the hobby.

Imagine a release of the original Planescape with rules for how to handle each edition in a small pamphlet on conversion.

This approach seems very promising indeed. 

Edition wars kill players,Dungeons and Dragons needs every player it can get.

Valdark wrote:

If they can make the encounters season work equally well for all 3 editions and choose to utilize this approach for adventures and settings going forward that would be a huge boon to the hobby.

Imagine a release of the original Planescape with rules for how to handle each edition in a small pamphlet on conversion.

Yep. Honestly they could easily support 3e as the simulationist version, 4e as the tactical/cinematic one and Next as the more easygoing/storytelling. That would be an impressive offer.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

erleni wrote:

Valdark wrote:

Yep. Honestly they could easily support 3e as the simulationist version, 4e as the tactical/cinematic one and Next as the more easygoing/storytelling. That would be an impressive offer.

If they could throw in the old TSR rules as well they would be doing the entire hobby a great service. 

Edition wars kill players,Dungeons and Dragons needs every player it can get.

Valdark wrote:

erleni wrote:

Valdark wrote:

If they could throw in the old TSR rules as well they would be doing the entire hobby a great service. 

Good stuff.

Sign In to post comments