Week 8 - Field Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This week saw me running a table of 9 players at Tabletop Tyrants, not any real combat but we had pirates, intrigue, and a runaway cart.

http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/dd-enc-murder-in-baldurs-gate-session-8/

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

My players actually did some great roleplaying/brainstorming, and followed up on the "Horus Kope" lead. They managed to track the smokepowder to the lab, and there was a fight. To make it more interesting, I included some guards for the mansion that were off-duty watch members. Since they all got killed, it's going to be interesting this week when the PCs learn that several of the people killed were members of patriar families.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Grifford's Protection cleric domain, gojirra's (Un)Death cleric domain.

General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

Game HQ in OKC

My table is running a little behind and we did some catch-up this week. As part of the patrol duties for the F. Fist, they were able to successfuly stop some Arson attempts and nab the culrpit. I ran this as a skill challenge where the PCs chose their actions to either help coordinate the fire fighting efforts, (Charisma checks), rescue trapped victims inside (Dexterity and Constitution) or chase down the feeing arsonist through the crowd (Dex, Str. or Cha contest vs. Dex.) followed by a grapple. They passed

They were then confronted by the Watch duel challenge against the lamp lad. They intervened causing his 5 mates to also jump in things got bloody.

Next week they will try to convince Caldwell to drop out of the bid for Duke and find a way to deal with Kidnappers!