Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post

Oops, yeah. 6 Flights. Too much thinking chromatic flights. Except we're not, 'cause Gold / Azure / Orange.

To Forgotten:

Essentially what was/has been happning, is that Sa created a fake Urru puppet to lure TASOE into. This part succeeded, but Agni got too close / pushed the right buttons, and TASOE jumped into Agni's mind before Sa could spring its trap.

So now Agni and TASOE are fighting, with the ultimate goal of displacing TASOE back into the Urru puppet so Sa can (finally) spring its trap and imprison TASOE.

So if Azgo were to appear, he'd see Agni and (apparently) Urru, gripping each other tightly, surrounded by flower petals (Sa) who is doing its bets to orchestrate things internally in a way to prevent TASOE from escaping again. Ideally, this will let Agni get out alive, but imprisoning TASOE is Sa's bigger priority.

That said, if Azgo shows up, I'd be more than willing to throw a Zizu out of Agni and let you fight that.

*grins*

Do it.

EDIT:  Just to be clear, I just arrived, as in just arrived.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

TheForgottenCommand wrote:

*grins*

Do it.

EDIT:  Just to be clear, I just arrived, as in just arrived.

Eh? COuld you direct me to which post you're referring to? If Azgo had approached Sa / Agni, I hadn't noticed, somehow?

Azgo stopped. He was right in front of the vaporous veil. His shadow was gone, and all the twisted blood and organs were visable through the shell of his armor. With one hand he drew the Grand Scepter from within his skeletal frame. With the other, he struck a single finger through...

Azgo walked through. And he stood on the outskirts of the battlefeild, ready. Ready to put an end to this menace of the gods once and for all.

That portal traces to the outskirts of the battle. Azgo learned where it was taking place by feeling for a piece of himself out in the world in great distress... specificaly the King's Mark in Sa. I didn't describe anything because I didn't exactly know what was going on. Its post 723 if you're curious.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Azgo stopped. He was right in front of the vaporous veil. His shadow was gone, and all the twisted blood and organs were visable through the shell of his armor. With one hand he drew the Grand Scepter from within his skeletal frame. With the other, he struck a single finger through...

Azgo walked through. And he stood on the outskirts of the battlefeild, ready. Ready to put an end to this menace of the gods once and for all.

That portal traces to the outskirts of the battle. Azgo learned where it was taking place by feeling for a piece of himself out in the world in great distress... specificaly the King's Mark in Sa. I didn't describe anything because I didn't exactly know what was going on. Its post 723 if you're curious.

Ah. See, I had assumed that was the mortal battlefield with Dragonspawn / Balor / etc.

I can work with that. I'll have a post up tomorrow.

Foolish me... I was hoping that I was inferring it without explictly naming it, with all the semi-destiny, old promise to agni stuff. Shoulda been more specific.

Speaking of which... is the dragonspawn battle still going on? Or did you mean Craterspawn?

Hey Toph. How you feeling? PM me if you need to... I'm always around when I can be.

My photo was found here.

Um... let me post before the Zizu comes flying out of my form to attack Azgo... I have... something that needs to happen there.

As far as I am concerned, the Dragonspawn are currently dormant, but this could be modified  The Craterspawn Balor war... that is going on in full.

And I...

I'm doing okay.  Shook up about the whole thing, mostly in its unexpectedness.  Its hard to adjust to the notion that a week ago I had what seemed to be a happy and healthy cat... and today... there is no more cat because we had to put it down due to a chronic illness of old age... which we never thought to watch out for because we thought our cat was 10 years younger than we had been told (and our vets never thought to check on that until he was dying).

Weirdest part was at work today.  I work in a genetics lab, doing, among other things, research involving lab mice.  I was having... complicated... emotions when saccing them today, even though the way we do it is very different from the way my cat was put down.  I... *really* hope that particular reaction to all of this goes away, and quickly.

Forgotten... you planning on posting for Ka'Vah Paren... or should I just go ahead with that?   I have an idea for my next post that requires me to move both battles on simultaneously.

Sorry, was gone for the weekend. If you want to move the P/KV battle along, by all means. I'll be focusing on the Zizu.

My photo was found here.

Oh my.  A revelation.

Is it true?

Is it a lie?

Lets find out!

Holy ****.

My photo was found here.

Now I know the original twist was that Azgo is no Firstborn, instead created by TASOE to unleash suffering in the world. That there is no First, or that the First did not create the plan as Azgo envisioned... but what if TASOE is the First? And this is the plan, for the gods to be destroyed and the world for mere amusement? That all the structure, the details of the plan, the creation of the gods was all meaningless drivel meant to propel Azgo into dutiful servitude? That the force that drove Azazel and Go'El was the First laying the seeds of his most destructive weapon...?

And the end of the game is Azgo and Sa rebelling against the First, rathering than completeing the plan? Wow... that would be... equal parts existential and nilhistic for an LoC... and think of the impact on Azgo...

Wow. I like where this is going.

My photo was found here.

Heh.

I've been toying with the idea for a while... but I wanted to give you the final say as to whether or not TASOE was telling a lie or not.  Any possible reaction and response... is absolutely perfect.

But I really like this one, particularly because we never had the evil/good dichotomoy that we thought we were going to get with Thought and Ara.

Topheh wrote:

Oh my.  A revelation.

Is it true?

Is it a lie?

Lets find out!

So how do you grok that TASOE knows Sa's plan? I mean, I'm down with disintegrating False-Urru because he has Agni, now, but I don't think that merits "I have foiled your plans, Flower god".

(Also, there's something to say about the Orihana Knights who were, last we checked in on them, pointing various lances at Agni. But I am okay with "forgetting" about them for this)

Good points.  Edited.  

Also, take in mind that TASOE may or may not be lying about ALL of these things :D

Topheh wrote:

Good points.  Edited.  

Also, take in mind that TASOE may or may not be lying about ALL of these things :D

Topheh wrote:

Good points.  Edited.  

Yeah, not like he's been lying to Agni for the last few months, or anything.

I don't know... this seems much too good for it to be a lie. Such potential...

My photo was found here.

I know.  I just know that I am treading all over your backstory as well as the backstory of the entire game, and want to put it out there in a BIG disclaimer that I am not (necessarially) changing everything

In my mind its cannon, regardless of others' opinions. Especially since I have just the idea for an ending in mind... something fitting.

Firstly: Toph, I would like for you to plant the final dagger. Reveal to Azgo who made him the way he is. Who betrayed him.

And then: Do we want a "Bad Guy Wins" ending or a Bittersweet ending? I'd prefer the bittersweet to be honest.

EDIT: You feeling better Toph? I know its been about a week, but has anything changed? Is work better?

My photo was found here.

Wait... who betrayed him, TASOE?  I'm going to assume you mean TASOE

As for the ending...

Agni's not dead... yet  Once that last sun rises... Well, my plan was always to make Agni the prison that Urru was supposed to be, made of unbreakable God-Diamond to seal TASOE in forever.  Agni *would* die in the process, forming his body into a final, unifying Sun that pulsed with the eternal rage of TASOE, releasing it periodically in a season called 'Summer' (we, after all, have a Winter and Spring season, so we should probably round that out with either Summer or Fall, and leave the last one to be the current 'default' season.  Azgo would... do something, and the world would be left with A god of promises... which is kinda a cool setting idea, I think.

I'm totally open to other suggestions, though.  What were you thinking?

And... yeah, I'm better.  Still strange and sad, but... work isn't a problem anymore and things are slowly returning to a semblance of normalcy.

Topheh wrote:

Wait... who betrayed him, TASOE?  I'm going to assume you mean TASOE

Yep. It wasn't the Firstborn who made him into what he is. It was the First. It would be the ultimate betrayal, the final piece of the puzzle.

Topheh wrote:

Azgo would... do something

Hahaha. Sure... something.

Topheh wrote:

I'm totally open to other suggestions, though.  What were you thinking?

My initial thought process (bittersweet): TASOE reveals betrayal truth, Azgo is nearly destroyed by a fundamental destruction of the very conviction that kept him alive, a scene where Sa and Orihana Knights fight TASOE while Azgo is useless, and EITHER: Sa perishes in the attempt, or Sa posses Azgo with the only idea that can save the day: a new promise, a new hatred and new love not of the First, but of choice and imperfection, either way Azgo then splits into Azazel and Go'El in defience of the First and destroys him.

Possible Alteration: Instead of destorying him, Azazel and Go'El weaken TASOE enough to imprison him in the diamond and create the new sun, but in the process become vestiges of gods, hardly able to interact or shape the world, the societies of the gods crumble, and Azazel and Go'El only very occasionaly intervene in mortal life when great evil is present, often inhabiting the body of a champion or two champions to do thier work before fading back into near non-existence. Summer still happens. Possibly a new season called fall arises from the falling of leaves on trees in mimicry of Sa's petal storm image in its final moments.

(BGW): Azgo bends his knee to TASOE and vows loyalty to the First right or wrong, Azgo then kills Sa and the Orihana knights by recalling the craterspawn hordes and using the King's Mark, Azgo then either destorys himself to free TASOE of Sa's magic imprisonment-diamon-thing or is crushed by TASOE out of pettiness, TASOE is the only one left and goes on to destroy and rebuild the world at his whim, possibly recreating the gods just to reinact the story, possible revealation that this is the hundreth or so time he has done this same thing and will continue to do it.

Topheh wrote:

And... yeah, I'm better.  Still strange and sad, but... work isn't a problem anymore and things are slowly returning to a semblance of normalcy.

Good. Or better at least... 

My photo was found here.

Oh dear.  The Nihilism of the bad ending is... just...

Wow.

I think we need Raven's opinion on all of this :D

Agreed.

I said I prefered the bittersweet ending earlier, however... if we are ever going to do an evil ending for an LoC, this is the one to do it with.

My photo was found here.

What I had been going for was that Sa would imprison TASOE, and leave the universe, taking TASOE with it.

The Orihana knights are there to maintain magic (the only Divine gift that has actually helped mortals, starting with Urru giving arcane magic to help fight the craterspawn) after Sa leaves.

Also speaking of the knights, their lances were never intended to be physical. They don't need to *kill* Agni's diamond body, they just need to dimensional nail him into *a* body so that he can't do that shifty body-jumping thing he likes to do.

I'm a fan of helping Azgo "defy" the first and split, and that was what I was originally offering way back longback when Azgo first received the knowledge of the gift of divine magic. To split into Azael and Go'el -- a Promise of what Might Have Been.

Toph, if you're dead set on being a sun, I'm of no mind to convince you otherwise, and I believe I shall be nailing TASOE into your corpse presently.

We've been building up the ever more colorful  pendant around Agni's neck and how it corresponds to the dragons and to the suns in the heavens, and it would be kinda... dissapointing to not have *something* happen with Agni when the last sun hits the World once more.  Am I dead set on being a sun?  No... but it seemed a logical notion.

The nailing and the sealing and the burning would be... an option.

More tomorrow from me.  Had a conference that lasted all day, and I'm completely exausted.

Or we could seal EVERYONE inside Agni's body and have an eternal fight :P

Only... mostly not serious about this one.  However, I think its always good in a setting to have one possible 'REALLY BAD THING' that could happen... which in this case would be the release of TASOE back into the world (which is why I'm not sure I like the idea of sending him out of the universe entirely.).  What would be interesting if we *all* were trapped or at least forced into non-interference with the world would be that when TASOE breaks free... we all do, and suddenly the 'return of the Gods' happens and all of the random religions that have sprung up around the legends of the Gods and that have been sustained by the Knights suddenly have to deal with the very real and actual presence of their deities on the surface.

An aside:  Ara and I once kicked around an idea for a very *different* sort of LoC, where instead of playing a God, you played a God's religion, and had only very limited control over things like molding the land and creating new species, those basically being the result of 'answered prayers' that would require great expenditures of 'prayer energy' while more mundane things like technological spread, civilization contact and inter-religious conflict would be 'normal cost' PP actions.  The thing is, the Gods wouldn't even have to exist.  I was toying around with a religion of oracles, who was paid in secrets... but all their oracular 'divinely given' knowledge was just a MASSIVE amount of rumor processing and distilling with a good degree of deliberate shoves to move events in the ways they would prefer things to go... and all of the high priests knew it (but the rank and file thought that Avom, God of Prophesy, was real).  Anyways, We thought it might be an interesting alternative to our standard games, but it never really got beyond the brainstorming stages.  Does this interest either of you?  (or anyone else who is still lurking?) 

Sounds interesting...

What about initial creation and formation of the world before the civilizations/religions we will be controlling arise? And it would make playing an unworshiped god (Sa, Artun, Urru...) impossible. I also feel part of the fun would be missing since your "influence" decreases by quite a bit. As a god, the player can affect the world in drastic, globaly historic ways (*cough* Invasion, sun-scattering, continent creation, permanent storms *cough*) whereas the player of a civilization would be much more limited.

Still, it would be a nice break from the inter-god conflicts we have currently, and it would make civiliation and mortals front and center (as compared to this one where even the hero of ages is basicaly a footnote).

My photo was found here.

We tried something similar, once... a small-scale LoC, with modified rules.  Here's a link to the forum on the Group with the IC and OOC.  It was a slightly different idea, focusing on the development of a city and the important families within it, but this was sort of my idea for the religion one... although the City was on a smaller scale.  It would be... a different experience... than a normal LoC, exactly.

http://community.wizards.com/forums/93196

I *hope* the rules are still here:   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bw6RZEDZoupf7TckxmYKqiwpPqS2CsONdeILm6f60SU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLCIsIkI

Two things:

One --- I don't expect to play another of these games. Twas fun at times, but unless every player signs a contract (preferably in blood!) to guarantee mandatory participation, I can't see myself wanting to get involved. It is as they say: "**** happens", and I sympathize, but it is no fun to wait days or weeks for a response that never comes. It's a combination feedback loop and self-fullfilling prophecy all in  one, and I'm not sure if that's just inherent to play-by-post, or what, but if there were some way to do a real-time format, that might reignite my interest (I have a few ideas, but no promises -- no pun intended ;) ).

Two --- for the love of gods, please let's leave WotC. These forums + everything else are not kosher in my book.

Real-time would be fun

And yes.  Our days on WotC are numbered.  

Before you go, though, Veok... err... Raven, check out the Giant forums where we're probably going to go.  They... seem to have a more active player base.

But yeah, blood contracts also work.  You know how those work?  Let me know.

There. I hope there is but a little bit of redemption in those final moments... just enough.

Azgo is dead.

The birth is nigh.

My photo was found here.

You know... a haunted pair of opposite divinities, tormented by the devastation they caused but mostly powerless after their rebirth... 

Thats kinda an awesome idea.

Ummmmm.... 

Should Timmy kill TASOE?

Topheh wrote:

Thats kinda an awesome idea.

Kinda? It was my idea! Hahaha

No need for Timmy, I just thought it would be best for that post to be ended with the death of Azgo. The end of Azazel/Go'El? No.

Also, how do you keep reading my posts so darn fast?!

Also: In mibbit. Come if you wish.

My photo was found here.

What?

I like burning the world.

Umm.... I'm a fast reader? :D

I guess I didn't quite get the 'wracked with guilt' part of your proposal.  I like that a lot.

Again.  Dark Sun has nothing on this setting.

Topheh wrote:

I like burning the world.

What?

Also: Still in mibbit.

My photo was found here.

Hey, if there could be a post or two describing the devestation of the land and souls swelling in number in the abyss, that would be great. I'd likea post or two to pass before moving forward.

My photo was found here.

In mibbit.

My photo was found here.

Limited internet over the weekend.  Flying to a friend's wedding at 6:30 AM tomorrow morning.  UGH.

Going to bed now, otherwise I'd drop into Mibbit.

Sign In to post comments