2012 / 2013 Premium Editions - Release Schedule

53 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ugh, that new art on the box lid is terrible. Not at all happy about that.

I'm more disappointed that it looks like we may have seen the end of this line; I was hoping for more 2e reprints, a BECMI/RC reprint, etc.

I prefer 2nd Edition AD&D. But I have played basic, 1E, 2E, 3.5, & 4E, and found all to be fun. IF IT'S D&D, I'LL PLAY IT, NO MATTER THE EDITION. Just roll some dice.

arvo_the_arcanist wrote:

quick question regarding the od&d reprint: it appears the wood box art/engravings have changed?  

if you look at what's on the WOTC site now compared to Amazon (or places that posted the pic with the announcement, like Wired Magazine), or the original WOTC announcement, there's a noticeable difference.  IMHO it is NOT for the better.  The original engravings on the box were simpler and harkened back to the old school days.  The new box has color art, etc., that seems out of place.

i hope the previous new version will be available instead...

It's nice to see an actual picture rather than obvious photoshop job. 

As for the box lid, I assumed that was the inside. The grooving makes it look like it slides overtop the other piece. But it would be nice to get confirmation.

Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: 
What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

sgt_d wrote:

I'm more disappointed that it looks like we may have seen the end of this line; I was hoping for more 2e reprints, a BECMI/RC reprint, etc.

No kidding. I was really hoping for the Rules Cyclopedia. 

What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

Potential Stealth Update on the OD&D Box.

While the product catalogue continues to say November 19th, Amazon.com has updated their release date to December 17th

What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

Steve Winter posted a couple pictures of the product on his Facebook page including a look at the previously unseen cover of the box:

39.4 KB

58.8 KB

63.5 KB

It looks rather nice. Still want to know if it's actual wood and not pressboard.

Really, there have been six previews for the product and nothing really on the box or dice, aka what accounts for 80% of the price.

Of course, we don't know when this will be available. The Product Page and recent Previews still have this planned for November 19th (also known as "next Tuesday").
However, amazon.comBarns & Nobble, and Chapters/Indigo have it scheduled for December 17th. And amazon.ca seems uncertain if it exists. 
So we *might* have a few more weeks to get the $100+ to get it (or have the product overlap with Christmas funds). Or online retailers *might* be selling it after stores. We just don't know.

What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

The_Jester wrote:

Of course, we don't know when this will be available. The Product Page and recent Previews still have this planned for November 19th (also known as "next Tuesday").
However, amazon.comBarns & Nobble, and Chapters/Indigo have it scheduled for December 17th. And amazon.ca seems uncertain if it exists. 
So we *might* have a few more weeks to get the $100+ to get it (or have the product overlap with Christmas funds). Or online retailers *might* be selling it after stores. We just don't know.

This is a question I would really like answered.  What is the actual release date of this product.  I pre-ordered from Amazon as soon as this was announced and up for pre-sale.  However, it appears, WotC still says the product was released on November 19th but Amazon and nearly every online retail outlet says December 17th.,  Which is it?  Is WotC experimenting with a later release for exclusively online stores?  

I emailed customer support and got an answer, there is indeed a dual release date.  The game was released to brick and mortar stores one month before mass market online retail stores. 

Is there any more news on reprint? I ordered it on Amazon and still haven't received it ( I pre-ordered over a month ago). I talked to Amazon customer service and they say they're waiting on the distributer. Does anyone know what's going on?

Hawk127 wrote:

Is there any more news on reprint? I ordered it on Amazon and still haven't received it ( I pre-ordered over a month ago). I talked to Amazon customer service and they say they're waiting on the distributer. Does anyone know what's going on?

Me too.  Want to know when Amazon will have my pre-order to ship.

Legendarius wrote:

Hawk127 wrote:

Me too.  Want to know when Amazon will have my pre-order to ship.

I don't expect them to ever get it. I preordered from them in February and never got it. Canceled the order and got it from Barnes and Noble online for ~$87 and they shipped it the next day.

Considering the Premium Original D&D I wouldn't pay $150 for the nice wooden boxed set but I would pay $9.99 or possibly $14.99 just out of curiosity to read them in PDF format. It looks like a great giftset for an OD&D player but I never was one. But I am curious enough to buy a cheap PDF without the nice box and dice.