Copying and Monstrous Question

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

Would you be able to Copy the effects of Monstrous if the effect had already been applied to the target card before attempting to copy? For example, could Artisan of Forms copy a monstrous Fleecemane Lion and be hexproof and indestructible as well?

sort of...

Monstrous is not something that can be copied, but the Artisan can copy the Lion and copy its abilities and become monstrous by using the copied monstrosity ability and get the extra effects that way.

However, once your Artisan becomes monstrous, it's monstrous and can't become monstrous again. 

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

So could my Artisan copy Fleecemane, become monstrous via its effect, and then copy another creature and STILL be monstrous?

SinfulSonOfAdam wrote:
So could my Artisan copy Fleecemane, become monstrous via its effect, and then copy another creature and STILL be monstrous?
it would still be monstrous, but it wouldn't be indestructible or have hexproof anymore because it wouldn't have the ability from Fleecemane making it so anymore, though it would have trample if it became Colossus of Akros because it's already monstrous

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Ah i get it. Thanks for the help man!

What would happen if I copied a Shipbreaker Kraken made it monstrous then made it a a copy of something else would the creatures it tapped remain tapped.

What would happen if I copied a Shipbreaker Kraken made it monstrous then made it a a copy of something else would the creatures it tapped remain tapped.

Shipbreaker Kraken

The creatures would remain tapped. The "remain tapped" effect lasts as long as you control that object, it's not reliant on the ability still being there. The fact that the Kraken changes its name is also irrelevant because it's still the same object.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

I have a related question actually....Could you Say using the illusionist bracers copy the monstrosity ability and choose a new target for it?

You could copy it, but Monstrosity doesn't target, so you can't choose a new target for it.

so in retrospec it would hit the stack twice, the second ability "fizzling" becuase the creature is already monstrous. thank you.

so in retrospec it would hit the stack twice, the second ability "fizzling" becuase the creature is already monstrous. thank you.

Necro, I know, but I don't think you could use Artisan of Forms to copy a monstrous Fleecemane Lion anyway because of hexproof.

Fleecemane Lion

Artisan of Forms

If Lion is Monstrous, it has Hexproof and an opponent's Artisan can't copy it because it can't target it.

You could use your own Artisan to copy your own Lion, but Monstrosity does not get copied: even if Lion is Monstrous, the Artisan-copy won't be.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

If the Fleecemane Lion is controlled by the same player as the Artisan of Forms (or a teammate of that player), the Artisan's ability can target the Lion.