Epic Solo Updates – The Gods Project

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any chance for some Tharizdun stats in the future? A fight against him will be the cap to my current campaign.

Any ideas on some powers for him would be great too. As the god of madness, I can see him causing lots of effects like dazing, sliding the PCs around, making them attack each other, and just generally causing chaos on the battlefield. Though he also has the Annihilation domain, so seems he should also be able to deal out some serious damage on at least a few of his attacks.

Also, anyone know what his domains were before he got a hold of the shard of evil? From what I understand he only took on annihilation, madness due to the shard's influence.

I have added Tharizdun.  He is near the bottom of page 2 of the thread.  However, if you plan to have your PCs fight him, this version is probably too strong.  I would suggest droping him to a level 35 weakend version.  To do that you should drop his defenses and attack bonus by 1 per level and his damage by 2 per level. That should about do it.

I hope it helps.  
That is awesome, thanks for the hard work, I appreciate it. Should make things interesting for my PCs, if they make it that far.
That is awesome, thanks for the hard work, I appreciate it. Should make things interesting for my PCs, if they make it that far.

Glad I could help!  Now I just have to finish off my list of gods!

I have uploaded Corellon, he is on the first page.  I also realized that with Tharizdun finished I have completed all of the evil ggreater ods.  I also only have one good greater god left, so I think I will do Avandra next and then finish off the unaligned greater gods.  No immediate plans to finish the lesser gods.  I will do those upon request or if the whim strikes.

However, I also noticed that my pre-Tharizdun god damages seem to be off somewhat.  Thus, I want to review all my previous gods and update their damages as needed (yay!)

I couldn't help myself,  I did this one on my lunch break.  I didn't have to change much from the official version.   I upped her level by 1 to fit into my definition of a minor god.  Thus, she is probably the weakest god that I will stat.  Anyway, here is the Sea Mother:

Well after the Sea Mother I got inspired to do another sea god that I thought would be pretty easy.  So I bring you Sekolah - The Great Shark, exarch of Melora and another Lesser God.  As always comments and suggestions are welcome.

So here is the Iron Lord of Dis:  Dispater.  Just a quick update of the official stat block with some new traits and powers I added for a being of equal power to a lesser god.  I went with the 3e "Flesh to Iron" and "Rust" abilities.  Thet seemed pretty interesting.  I hope you like it.

Well, I believe this is the last of the officially stated ArchDevils:  Glasya,  Princess of Hell and ruler of the 6th level of Hell - Malbolge.  The officaly write-up for Glasya is a really great lvl 29 elite.  Which puts here in the minor gods category (see the first post).  The only thing I would really do with her would be to update her damage to the DMG 42 blog standards.  However, I went slightly further and decided to make her a lvl 24 solo (per the elite to solo guidelines), updated the damage and added some off turn attacks.  Otherwise pretty much straight out of the book (or magazine in this case).  I actually prefer has a level 29 elite, but I wanted to demonstrate modify an elite to beome a solo - so I did!  Anyway, here is Glasya:

I've posted Avandra (page 1), so I have now completed all the evil and all the good greater gods.  Just 4 unaligned greater gods to go!
I updated Sekolah.  I realized I had accidentaly calculated the brute damage for Sekolah as an increase of 1.5x instead of the correct 1.25x standard damage.  It is correct now.

Bel, Lord of Avernus, General of the Blood War.  I thought about just advancing Bel to be a solo pit fiend, but then I thought he might be more interesting as an elite, so I advaced him to a level 31 elite instead of making him a solo.  I updated the typical pit fiend powers, added some more and switched out the mace for Bel's flaming greatsword.  I imagine the 8 would look pretty similar to Bel.

Aargh!  With the change in the thread presentation (most current is on the first page now).  It messed up my page references.  I guess I will edit those and hope the don't change it again!

Edit:  Nevermind - that won't work.  I will have to just add links. 
With the errata that limits free action attacks to 1/turn, it would seem like many of the abilities that the deities have to stymy that particular tactic would no longer be necessary. In addition, many of your deities make use of multiple free action attacks themselves, and would no longer be able to use those abilities when using the current errata.
With the errata that limits free action attacks to 1/turn, it would seem like many of the abilities that the deities have to stymy that particular tactic would no longer be necessary. In addition, many of your deities make use of multiple free action attacks themselves, and would no longer be able to use those abilities when using the current errata.

Agreed, I may go back and change them at some point.  If needed I can switch the gods free actions to "no actions" if I want to keep the corresponding ability/power.  I will have to think about the effect from the PC side, don't have time to do that now though.  

Oh my goodness!  I just realized that with the forum change I have lost all the stats blocks in my posts!  I will need to go back and add all the stat blocks back in 0 awesome!

Does anyone know how to add pictures from the new gallery format?

Here are the stats I used for the Raven Queen in a recent adventure for level 27 characters: 

The Raven Queen, medium immortal humanoid (god), level 34 Solo Controller

Perception +31; Darkvision, truesight; Initiative +28

AC 48; Fortitude 46, Reflex 46, Will 48 HP 1248; Bloodied 624

Immune: necrotic; Resist: 10 all

Saving Throws +5; Speed 8, fly 8 (hover), teleport 6; Action Points 2

Traits

Fate’s Eye; Aura 20

Whenever an enemy becomes bloodied or a nondying bloodied enemy starts its turn within the aura, it must make a death saving throw. If the enemy fails the save, it takes damage equal to its healing surge value.

Cycle of Death

When a nonminion creature dies within 20 squares of the Raven Queen, she gains 50 temporary hit points and loses one harmful effect or condition affecting her.

Queen of Fate

The Raven Queen scores a critical hit on 18, 19 or 20. Whenever she scores a critical hit against an enemy, that enemy automatically fails its next death saving throw.

Winter’s Grip

When an enemy within 20 squares moves without teleporting, that enemy makes an Acrobatics check (DC 36) when moving over ground or an Athletics check (DC 36) when flying at the start of the move. If the enemy fails the check, it is knocked prone and the move action is lost. If the check is failed by 5 or more, the enemy takes 30 cold damage.

Standard Actions

M/R Winter’s Grasp (cold); At-Will

Attack: Melee 2 or Ranged 10 (one or two creatures); +38 vs Fortitude

Hit: 55 cold damage (83 crit).

Effect: The target is immobilized (save ends).

Bring About the End; At-will

Attack: Close Burst 10 (each enemy in burst); +38 vs Fortitude

Hit: 55 damage (83 crit), and the target makes a death saving throw.

Soul Vortex (cold, necrotic); At-Will

Attack: Area Burst 2 within 10 (enemies in burst); +38 vs Will

Hit: 48 cold and necrotic damage (crit 75), and the target is weakened (save ends).

First Failed Saving Throw: The target’s hit points drop to -1.

Minor Actions

Death’s Approach (1/round)

Attack: Close Burst 10 (one or two targets in burst); +38 vs. Will

Hit: 44 necrotic damage (crit 62), and the Raven Queen slides the target 5 squares and it gains vulnerable 15 to all damage (save ends).

Aftereffect: 30 necrotic damage.

Soul’s Command  (1/round)

Effect: up to four Lost Souls can move their speed and make a basic attack.

Triggered Actions

Death Denied (No Action); At-will

When the Raven Queen would come under a harmful effect or condition, she rolls a saving throw. If she succeeds, the effect or condition is ignored.

---

Lost Soul, medium immortal humanoid, level 26 minion

Initiative +33        Senses Perception +13; darkvision

HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.

AC 40; Fortitude 36, Reflex 40, Will 38

Speed fly 12 (hover)

Life Burn (standard, at-will)  

+31 vs AC; 21 damage, and the target can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hit points until the end of its next turn.

svendj wrote:

Here are the stats I used for the Raven Queen in a recent adventure for level 27 characters: 

The Raven Queen, medium immortal humanoid (god), level 34 Solo Controller

Perception +31; Darkvision, truesight; Initiative +28

AC 48; Fortitude 46, Reflex 46, Will 48 HP 1248; Bloodied 624

Immune: necrotic; Resist: 10 all

Saving Throws +5; Speed 8, fly 8 (hover), teleport 6; Action Points 2

Traits

Fate’s Eye; Aura 20

Whenever an enemy becomes bloodied or a nondying bloodied enemy starts its turn within the aura, it must make a death saving throw. If the enemy fails the save, it takes damage equal to its healing surge value.

Cycle of Death

When a nonminion creature dies within 20 squares of the Raven Queen, she gains 50 temporary hit points and loses one harmful effect or condition affecting her.

Queen of Fate

The Raven Queen scores a critical hit on 18, 19 or 20. Whenever she scores a critical hit against an enemy, that enemy automatically fails its next death saving throw.

Winter’s Grip

When an enemy within 20 squares moves without teleporting, that enemy makes an Acrobatics check (DC 36) when moving over ground or an Athletics check (DC 36) when flying at the start of the move. If the enemy fails the check, it is knocked prone and the move action is lost. If the check is failed by 5 or more, the enemy takes 30 cold damage.

Standard Actions

M/R Winter’s Grasp (cold); At-Will

Attack: Melee 2 or Ranged 10 (one or two creatures); +38 vs Fortitude

Hit: 55 cold damage (83 crit).

Effect: The target is immobilized (save ends).

Bring About the End; At-will

Attack: Close Burst 10 (each enemy in burst); +38 vs Fortitude

Hit: 55 damage (83 crit), and the target makes a death saving throw.

Soul Vortex (cold, necrotic); At-Will

Attack: Area Burst 2 within 10 (enemies in burst); +38 vs Will

Hit: 48 cold and necrotic damage (crit 75), and the target is weakened (save ends).

First Failed Saving Throw: The target’s hit points drop to -1.

Minor Actions

Death’s Approach (1/round)

Attack: Close Burst 10 (one or two targets in burst); +38 vs. Will

Hit: 44 necrotic damage (crit 62), and the Raven Queen slides the target 5 squares and it gains vulnerable 15 to all damage (save ends).

Aftereffect: 30 necrotic damage.

Soul’s Command  (1/round)

Effect: up to four Lost Souls can move their speed and make a basic attack.

Triggered Actions

Death Denied (No Action); At-will

When the Raven Queen would come under a harmful effect or condition, she rolls a saving throw. If she succeeds, the effect or condition is ignored.

---

Lost Soul, medium immortal humanoid, level 26 minion

Initiative +33        Senses Perception +13; darkvision

HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.

AC 40; Fortitude 36, Reflex 40, Will 38

Speed fly 12 (hover)

Life Burn (standard, at-will)  

+31 vs AC; 21 damage, and the target can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hit points until the end of its next turn.

Thanks Svendj!  That looks really interesting.  I already stated the Raven Queen, I just lost all the stat blocks in this thread when they changed the forum.  I still need to find out how to post pictures from the new community blog galleries.  Once I do that I will see if it makes sense to modify my version with some of your ideas.  FYI, if you want to see my version right now you can go to my community page and look through my gallery to see all the god stat blocks I have created.  I have all but 3 completed I believe.

Well I was able to figure out how to re-post at least some images from my gallery.  Hopefully i can get them all back!

Svedj,

I was able to figure out how to re-post images from my gallery.  I haven't put them all back yet, but I have re-posted the Raven Queen (The greater gods are alphabetically listed on the 1st page of this thread).  Let me know what you think.  Also, how did your encounter go with the Raven Queen?

Well I have re-posted all of the "greater gods" after the community shuffle.  When I get more time I will re-post the lesser & minor gods that have been completed so far.  Then I have to finish of the making the last three greater gods before they take away the Monster Builder!  Then, if there is time and will I will re-work all the gods to reflect the latest 4e errata.

Well, I couldn't wait.  I have re-posted all the gods that I have made this far.  I also reserved spots for all the remaining lesser & minor gods on page 3 of this thread.  Just made sense I thought.  Anyway, now I really need to do some work!

This spot is reserved for:  Mammon

This spot is reserved for: Belial

This spot is reserved for: Fernia

This spot is reserved for: Baalzebul

Here is the Lord of the 8th the Archdevil Mephistopheles! Unfortunately as I am writing this intro a am just realize I spelled his name wrong throughout the entire stat block!  I don't feel like fixing that now.  But I will get to it some time.  Anyway, I found KingCrazyGenius' 4e version of Mephistopheles over at DiceFreaks and modified it to fit my guidelines and added a few twists of my own. 

Mephi was difficult because in all of his incarnations throught the editions of DnD he always has fire and cold powers.  To save space I decided to use one power that could be either cold or fire, his choice.  Stil using the standard x4 for my solo hit points.  This made is HP pretty low so I modified KCG's "diabolic surge" to compensate.  Any thoughts?

This spot is reserved for: Hruggek

This spot is reserved for: Skerrrit

This spot is reserved for: Rillifane Rallathil

This spot is reserved for: Garl Glittergold

This spot is reserved for: Yondalla

This spot is reserved for: Kurtulmak

This spot is reserved for: Semuanya

This spot is reserved for: Vaprak

This spot is reserved for: Laogzed

dave2008 wrote:

Svedj,

I was able to figure out how to re-post images from my gallery.  I haven't put them all back yet, but I have re-posted the Raven Queen (The greater gods are alphabetically listed on the 1st page of this thread).  Let me know what you think.  Also, how did your encounter go with the Raven Queen?

Looks good! I really like Fate's Master. I'm not very enthusiastic about action denial powers (stun, unconscious), so I try to avoid those. My main gripe with her is that she is too complicated. There's so much going on, that as a DM I'd think I'd forget to use half her abilities properly. I'd try to cut down on some abilities, and make others more powerful instead.
But don't get me wrong - I wish I'd found this before I ran my encounter, because it looks really awesome.

My encounter was pretty dumb by the way. The leader used Valorous Charge no less than three times during the fight, so the players were basically unhittable all fight. I ended up calling it, and had a quick discussion with the player about maybe exchanging the power for something else.

svendj wrote:

Looks good! I really like Fate's Master. I'm not very enthusiastic about action denial powers (stun, unconscious), so I try to avoid those. My main gripe with her is that she is too complicated. There's so much going on, that as a DM I'd think I'd forget to use half her abilities properly. I'd try to cut down on some abilities, and make others more powerful instead.
But don't get me wrong - I wish I'd found this before I ran my encounter, because it looks really awesome.

My encounter was pretty dumb by the way. The leader used Valorous Charge no less than three times during the fight, so the players were basically unhittable all fight. I ended up calling it, and had a quick discussion with the player about maybe exchanging the power for something else.

Thanks for the comments Svendj.  I still have to look over yours more carefully, but I find its relative simplicity appealling.  I have a love hate relationship with gods and simplicity and complexity.  I feel like gods need to have lots of options, they are goods after all, but it can be a lot to keep track of.  That is one reason I started reducing my usage of ongoing powers - I could never remember them as a DM and the PCs were about to point that out (same reason I have backed off auras).  If they are thematically important I include them, but otherwise no go.

I agree action denial powers should be used sparingly, but it makes sense if gods have these powers to me.  It was also an attempt to mitigate damage since reasonably tuned PCS can deal enough damage to take out a god in 2-3 rounds if given the chance.

I want to go back and redue all of these drafts at some point and streamline them somewhat since the latest errata makes some of my powers unneeded.  But it is unlikely I will get that time to do that.

Sorry to hear about your encounter, I am not familiar with Valorous Charge, I will have to take a look at it and see if there is a wat to mitigate teh effect.  Perhaps damage on a miss?

dave2008 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your encounter, I am not familiar with Valorous Charge, I will have to take a look at it and see if there is a wat to mitigate teh effect.  Perhaps damage on a miss?

Valorous Charge

With a roar of triumph, you lead your allies in a glorious onslaught against your enemies.

Encounter        Divine
Standard Action      Close burst 5

Target: You and each ally in the burst

Effect: Each target can charge or make a basic attack as a free action. Until the end of your next turn, each target gains a power bonus to all defenses equal to your Constitution modifier.

If a leader with a good CON mod (7 at this point) uses this and manages to recharge it a couple of times (not that hard in epic), fights become all but pointless, even with a number of alternative goals.

svendj wrote:

Valorous Charge

With a roar of triumph, you lead your allies in a glorious onslaught against your enemies.

Encounter        Divine
Standard Action      Close burst 5

Target: You and each ally in the burst

Effect: Each target can charge or make a basic attack as a free action. Until the end of your next turn, each target gains a power bonus to all defenses equal to your Constitution modifier.

If a leader with a good CON mod (7 at this point) uses this and manages to recharge it a couple of times (not that hard in epic), fights become all but pointless, even with a number of alternative goals.

Yikes that is really good, if I come across it I will have to work with the player to modify it (can only be used once per encounter I think).  However, since the Raven Queen you made was 7 levels higher than the PCs I would think she would still have had a good chance to hit with that penalty.

Sign In to post comments