9/18/13 - Uncharted Realms: Prince Anax, Part One

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

How old do you think Anax is?

The only indication we get is that he is expected "to compete in at least one junior-division event".

Of course I thought he was of a similar age to me, but then, that's Tom Lapille's solid character building. A bold move, but he pulled it off nicely.

I also think that Tom did a great job at portraying the physically competitive nature of the Akroans, without rendering them savage. Cheers

Gymnasiums. Naked men. Rhetoric. Adherence to historical depictions.

Sexy.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
More like naked children if context Clues are to be taken into consideration. Personally, I'd rather read more about our planeswalkers or the Theran gods than some angsty kid's inferiority complex.

Inferiority complex? This is about the development of a hero! and the first one they spoiled too, so I'd say he's an important one at that

I certainly look forward to part two

Absolutely. The only things we learn from that story are that Prince Anax is pseudo-Grecian and he's not as good as his brother.

Shamsiel wrote:

Gymnasiums. Naked men. Rhetoric. Adherence to historical depictions.

Sexy.

I like how they show the importance of sharpening one's mind in conjunction with sharpening one's body.  In the end it will not be enough to do one or the other, you must do both in order to be a competent king in Akros.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.