4e Tools

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Has an announcement been made as the eventual fate of the character builder? i'm considering DDI for the character builder, but i'd hate to get used to it, then have it disapear not very long after

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/8.jpg)

Well there always is the old offline one that is floating around on the net.

You could probably find it if you dug hard enough.

There is even a fan updated one supposedly.  

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

looks like its all DDI.  the offline one rocked though.  a shame it never included the new stuff.  ill have to build a pixie from scratch.  booo.
I signed up for DDI on Friday, nothing works and everything keeps telling me to subscribe.  The entire thing would be worth it while it lasts if I could actually use what I paid for.
R&D Manager Mike Mearls recently tweeted;

@pfresh85 Maybe this has been answered but what happens to all the 4E digital tools (DDI) once Next comes out?
@mikemearls ideally, we'll keep them up as long as there is sufficient interest

@sirgourls I don't know if you've answered this already, sorry if its a repeat. What will happen to all the 4E tools on DDI when DDN hits?
@mikemearls My hope is that we can keep them up and running.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Looks like they want to keep it up.  However, his response seems vague and it's far from a guarantee.

Plaguescarred wrote:
R&D Manager Mike Mearls recently tweeted;

@pfresh85 Maybe this has been answered but what happens to all the 4E digital tools (DDI) once Next comes out?
@mikemearls ideally, we'll keep them up as long as there is sufficient interest

@sirgourls I don't know if you've answered this already, sorry if its a repeat. What will happen to all the 4E tools on DDI when DDN hits?
@mikemearls My hope is that we can keep them up and running.

. Now<--------------Very Soon--------Soon--------------->End of Time

I have to say I still love my old offline character builder (I have even added my own custom content to it)

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

I think the Character Builder should be made available to all users, not only Insider suscribiers. Oh well