Sundering Adventures

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
So we have Murder in Baldur's Gate coming out in a few weeks and Legacy of the Crystal Shard in November. Has there been any word about further Sundering adventures: how many and when they're being released? I'm just curious because we have release dates for the Sundering Novels through Book V and the first post-Sundering Drizzt novel.
There are 3 more Sundering adventures that have been announced. No names or release dates AFAIK.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

There are 3 more Sundering adventures that have been announced. No names or release dates AFAIK.

Where did they announced this? Do you have a link?

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Indeed. I just read an interview that mentioned there would only be the 2 Adventures we already know about.

icv2.com/articles/news/26417.html
You Learn Something New Every Day!
Glad to see they have some modules coming out.  It's one of the best things for the shared experience that is D&D.

The only thing that's disappointing me at this point with these is the fact that AD&D is being left out.

They just reprinted first and second edition (and sales presumably were good), yet stats included in the modules are only for 3.5, 4 and Next.
I just assumed based on the announcement that the next five seasons of Encounters will tie into The Sundering that we'd be getting three more adventures. That was mentioned in the changes to Encounters announcement here: tinyurl.com/kxapmgb

I also seem to remember it as part of the initial announcement at last year's GenCon (but I could be wrong about that).
Ah, sorry. I thought you meant the ones for public release and not the Encounters program.
I assumed, based on the release of Murder in Baldur's Gate as both an Encounters Season and as a general public release and that Encounters Adventures will have to be purchased going forward coupled with the "next five seasons" thing, that the public would also be able to purchase those same D&D Encounters/Sundering Adventures III through V.

Man that's a long sentence; make sense?
From what I can glean from the information releases, the sundering will take place over the next year with 5 novels and 5 encounters modules (all of which will be available to the public) dealing with the reversal of the spellplague (Aka 4th ed big change).

if what is the main plot line from the murder module is replicated in the next 4, the superplot will be the return of some gods.

this will probably be of interest to the players and DMs who really care about the  gods of the forgotten realms universe.

personally, i have never even bothered to learn the names of the gods (and i have been playing forgotten realms since the 80's). I just dont care about them at all. They are clerical batteries for me, that's all. I appreciate the work that has gone into their backgrounds but have never been interested in running anything that seriously involved them for much more than quest machines.

murder in balders gate therefore really does not interest me. Nor do the remainder of the sundering encounters modules - the books are nice but i cant see spending the next year on a series that i dont care about. 

I will return the  dice, player mini city maps and the facebook promo material to the store.perhaps theycan get someone else to buy the module and run it.

this is nothing against the module and my prevuiosly posted disappointmnts with its lack of creature stats and almost total absence of even small maps. I just cant see spending the next year running a module series  that essentially has its end point pre-determined. There is no way to run these modules without the end point. I might use the material to run city adventures but that would not be what the encounters program is looking for.

fortuneatly, as I own the module, I am under no obligation, not even in a social contract basis, to run the series. Otherwise I would run it as written - buying the module frees me from any such obligation.

I will return the dice, player mini city maps and the facebook promo material to the store.perhaps theycan get someone else to buy the module and run it.

If the store doesn't want them back, I'd take them. ;)

www.wizards.com/wpn/News/Article.aspx?x=...

"The six novels and five D&D Encounters seasons spotlight the impact of the Sundering on different places and people of the Realms." (emphasis mine)

We know of "Murder in Baldur's Gate" and "Legacy of the Crystal Shard." The other 3 haven't been named yet.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

www.wizards.com/wpn/News/Article.aspx?x=...

"The six novels and five D&D Encounters seasons spotlight the impact of the Sundering on different places and people of the Realms." (emphasis mine)

We know of "Murder in Baldur's Gate" and "Legacy of the Crystal Shard." The other 3 haven't been named yet.

Thanks!  We'll hopefully hear more about them at Gen Con...

Yan
Montréal, Canada

So any word on these at Gen Con so far?
IDK I asked @Wizards_DnD on Twitter. Let's see what reply i get. Will report back ASAP

@Plaguescarred @Wizards_DnD Was there any #DnD TRPG product announced at #GenCon? What about the rest of the 5 Sundering D&DE adventures hinted at?

Yan
Montréal, Canada

So any word on these at Gen Con so far?

A couple of weeks ago, I had gone over to Amazon to place an advance order for the Sundering books and products announced
for the remainder of 2013, then on a hunch I did a little bit of searching and I found three more books in the Sundering
available for advance order on Amazon for delivery, books that have not yet been placed on the official Product List.

'The Sentinel', by Troy Denning, release in April 2014

'The Reaver', by Richard Lee Byers, release in February 2014

'Night of the Hunter:  Companions Codex', by R.A. Salvatore, release in March 2014

and let us not overlook the fact that 'Godborn' by Paul S. Kemp in the first book in his long awaited 'Cycle of Night'
trilogy, and that the remainder of this trilogy could appear later in 2014.

I thought that the Sundering books were all Stand Alone. Interesting.

So far, only the 5 are available. Still no sign of The Herald for Pre-Order, you are correct. R.A. Salvatores' Night Of The Hunter is the beginning of a new series and is not part of the "The Sundering" event, though it does follow after The Companions.

Do any of you have any idea about the level range of the future Sundering adventures?

I'll be running Murder in Baldur's Gate real soon, and that adventurer's range is level 1-3. Will Legacy of the Crystal Shard be of a higher level range?

I'm hopping the other adventures will be built in increasingly higher level ranges, but I haven't read any info on that...

Does anyone here knows something about it?

Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition

Vinicius_Zoio wrote:

Will Legacy of the Crystal Shard be of a higher level range?

No, it's for levels 1-3. Which means the other Sundering adventures will likely follow suit.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/dd-future-releases/threads/3925726

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Just looking at the Legacy of the Crystal Shard game day adventure.  If I wanted to scale this for a party of level 3 adventurers,I might use a crag cat for each PC in the first encounter and keep the Young Yeti quantity but increase the regular Yeti number to 3 for a party of 4 and 4 for a party of 5 or 6 PCs.  Thoughts?