Magic 2014 Gameplay Bug Reports & List

1327 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm thinking there may be an issue with Turn to Slag.

In two games now, I've had a Rumbling Baloth with three +1/+1 counters from Advocate of the Beast (effectively making it 7/7). On both occassions, the computer played a Turn to Slag card and killed the Rumbling Baloth.

[It looks like it's looking at the toughness w/o the counters?]

I'm running Magic 2014 on the PC/Steam.

Sound again like the AI had Fire Servant on the battlefield. It did, right?

Edit: Damn, Ninjad again!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

So I have mirror entity and 7 creatures. I use mirror entity's ability to make all my creatures +x/x and have all creature types, that should have unlocked the title Demonic Master which says Control five Demons. Clearly I controlled 7 demons, but the title is still locked.
So I have mirror entity and 7 creatures. I use mirror entity's ability to make all my creatures +x/x and have all creature types, that should have unlocked the title Demonic Master which says Control five Demons. Clearly I controlled 7 demons, but the title is still locked.

With Mirror Entity I think there has to be a demon somewhere on the battlefield for it to acknowledge that all your creatures are demons too. I think someone mentioned it earlier. Just another thing that doesn't work as intended in DotP. 

With Mirror Entity I think there has to be a demon somewhere on the battlefield for it to acknowledge that all your creatures are demons too. I think someone mentioned it earlier. Just another thing that doesn't work as intended in DotP. 

when I unlocked it, there was not a demon on the field either. I did it with mirror entity, and at first it did not work even though I had 5+ creatures out. I did not quit, and a couple of turns later I got the indicator I unlocked it.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

when I unlocked it, there was not a demon on the field either. I did it with mirror entity, and at first it did not work even though I had 5+ creatures out. I did not quit, and a couple of turns later I got the indicator I unlocked it.

i did it, then i swung for the kill and won the match. no unlock.

I don't remember what deck/encounter I was vs-ing when I unlocked it either, but I was using Sliver Hive and Mirror Entity. Perhaps you only need to be vs-ing a deck/encounter that has a demon somewhere in the deck? Mirror Entity might make itself every creature type that could be played during that game.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

I had a Griffin Sentinel on the battlefield enchanted with Mark of the Vampire. Twice my opponent used Hunt the Weak to make it fight his Protean Hydra. I didn't gain life from either fight.

EDIT: Right when I hit submit I realized that the damage is prevented by the Hydra's trigger. Nevermind this post.
I had a Griffin Sentinel on the battlefield enchanted with Mark of the Vampire. Twice my opponent used Hunt the Weak to make it fight his Protean Hydra. I didn't gain life from either fight.

Protean Hydra prevents all damage that would be dealt to it. Since the damage is prevented, lifelink has no effect.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Hope im the first to report - Doing 1,000,000+ damage messes up your status screen. The last digit gets shoved down halfway into the creatures controlled.
XBLA: DriftTheoryDuB XBLA: drifttheoryDNB
Hope im the first to report - Doing 1,000,000+ damage messes up your status screen. The last digit gets shoved down halfway into the creatures controlled.

Technical Issue.
Another Hallow issue. Playing a game of 2HG and I have repeated this issue by the way to confirm it. I was playing with Firewave deck and my teamate was playing with Avacyn's Glory deck. I go to cast Flamebreak (3 Damage to each creature without flying and each player.) And inform my teamate to pause the timer and cast hallow on it to allow us to gain a lot of life. He pauses the timer and has two mana untapped with a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (noncreater spells cost 1 more to cast) on the battlefield and he was not able to even cast his Hallow (prevent all damage that target spell would deal this turn and gain that much life). No other effects were upping the mana cost further. My teamate just simply had no option to cast it when he should have. Another situation, my teamate and I still using the same decks; I go to Searing spear (3 damage to target creature or player) an Undead Warchief and get my teamate to stop the timer and see if he can Hallow that spell. And again to no suprise with 4 plains untapped, he could not cast Hallow for any reason although he should have been able to.

This bug occured on XBOX 360 by the way
Another Hallow issue. Playing a game of 2HG and I have repeated this issue by the way to confirm it. I was playing with Firewave deck and my teamate was playing with Avacyn's Glory deck. I go to cast Flamebreak (3 Damage to each creature without flying and each player.) And inform my teamate to pause the timer and cast hallow on it to allow us to gain a lot of life. He pauses the timer and has two mana untapped with a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (noncreater spells cost 1 more to cast) on the battlefield and he was not able to even cast his Hallow (prevent all damage that target spell would deal this turn and gain that much life). No other effects were upping the mana cost further. My teamate just simply had no option to cast it when he should have. Another situation, my teamate and I still using the same decks; I go to Searing spear (3 damage to target creature or player) an Undead Warchief and get my teamate to stop the timer and see if he can Hallow that spell. And again to no suprise with 4 plains untapped, he could not cast Hallow for any reason although he should have been able to.

This bug occured on XBOX 360 by the way

Your team mate needs to turn simplified targeting off. With it on they won't be able to target their own (or their team mates's) spells with Hallow.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Thanks, that makes more sense. I thought he had already turned that off so I didn't think of that.
Thanks, that makes more sense. I thought he had already turned that off so I didn't think of that.

While you're at it, tell him to turn off combat animation.   Wink

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

While you're at it, tell him to turn off combat animation.   Wink

Yeah, believe me, I did that a looooooong time ago. 

While you're at it, tell him to turn off combat animation.  

Can we sticky that?

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

I have seen a bug ever single time twin cast is used. I play on the 360 and I was casting reanimate. The opponent cast twincast and selected the same card I was selecting, primeval Titan. The game froze for 1 minute then looped all the actions until I turned off my Xbox cussing. It has happened on several other occasions I'm also seeing a huge problem with host migration. If someone leaves as the host, it just locks up. I'm not buying new decks if I can't play half the time because some punk decided to quit early. Fix your game it shouldn't have these problems. It's a copy paste of 2013 but now it has a bunch of bugs. 
Fix your game? I understand and sympathise with your issues, but this isn't OUR game. We are just answering people's questions and compiling bug lists, for others and for ourselves.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Wow! I just realized you are you Kar.
To the previous poster.
We are just unpaid forum members trying to help the playerbase and WOTC by listing the card interaction and technical issue bugs.
More card bugs were fixed with patch last year than we have confirmed this year, so that's good.
Have a nice day and good gaming.

Show

Lol, I learned that if you go to the wizards site and not this one, I can log in there and return here! Yay I'm back?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Damage amplify from fire servent not stacking with hostile, in magic 2013 works, in magic 2014 not!,
when i used lava axe that deals 5 damage having fire servant and hostile, just appeared 5 tokens, the right is 10 tokens. 
Damage amplify from fire servent not stacking with hostile, in magic 2013 works, in magic 2014 not!,
when i used lava axe that deals 5 damage having fire servant and hostile, just appeared 5 tokens, the right is 10 tokens. 

Whenever you apply a replacement effect, the effected player or controller of the effected object chooses the order to apply them. If the effected player chooses to apply hostiles effect first, then the replacement effect of fire servant has nothing to apply to.

Long and short of it, in paper the defender would choose the number of tokens to give, and in most cases will only give 5 tokens. In duels 2014 (and 2013 as well) the game assumes that the defender doesn't want to give you extra tokens so will only ever give you 5 tokens.
Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy... --- http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29193605/Promotional_Unlock_Cards_List --- Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.
Swallow is right. They simplify it too much for us sometimes. It worked the same way last year.

Show

Eh, the only thing that is bugging me is some of the priority stuff.  Then again, they would have to ask you to pass every time if that came in, so I understand why it is gone.

2 + 2 = fish

Whenever you apply a replacement effect, the effected player or controller of the effected object chooses the order to apply them. If the effected player chooses to apply hostiles effect first, then the replacement effect of fire servant has nothing to apply to.

Long and short of it, in paper the defender would choose the number of tokens to give, and in most cases will only give 5 tokens. In duels 2014 (and 2013 as well) the game assumes that the defender doesn't want to give you extra tokens so will only ever give you 5 tokens.

play magic 2013 and you will see, if you cast a searing spear with fire servant and hostile will appear 6, not 3, about who abilitie triggers first, theres nothing about the enemy choose, if in magic 2014 works in that way so magic 2014 sucks in all ways. Cause about i'm hating magic 2014 for boring decks.

When i use reverberate in many ocasion, my options of choise to cast are very confusing.
when i use reverberate to the spell "evangelize" (gain control of target enemy creature of your choice) of ajani, i only could choose the creatures of my partner.

When i use reverberate with flames of firebrand i couldn't choose the same target twice like cone of flame. (WTF!)?
When i use reverberate in many ocasion, my options of choise to cast are very confusing.
when i use reverberate to the spell "evangelize" (gain control of target enemy creature of your choice) of ajani, i only could choose the creatures of my partner.

When i use reverberate with flames of firebrand i couldn't choose the same target twice like cone of flame. (WTF!)?

Both are working as intended, you can only change the targets for the spells. For evangelize it means you can't change the chosen "opponent" because it's not a target and for Flames of the Firebrand it means you can't change the number or types of targets, so if your opponent had chosen to deal damage to 3 targets, 2 creatures and 1 player you can only make the same, choose 1 player and 2 creatures.

Edit: From the rules:

• 8/15/2010: If the spell Reverberate copies is modal (that is, it says "Choose one --" or the like), the copy will have the same mode. You can't choose a different one.

As is the case for Flames and Evangelize.

This post will be for active, reported bugs, the second post will be for confirmed bugs.

Be as detailed as possible as in what platform you're on, what deck you are playing against, etc...

Let's hope this thread doesn't get too big.

Reported bugs with duplication will be considered Confirmed and moved to post #2.

Have fun storming the castle!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported:

[spoiler]Mark of the Vampire is not assigning life gain before the player takes damage.

Kor Spiritdancer was out with Guardian's Magemark attached in first few rounds. Partner tried repeatedly to attach an Armored Ascension but was denied.

Master Thief's controller remains in control of Artifact after MT has died.

Redirect working on some platforms (steam) and not others.

Threads of Disloyalty takes possession of Scute Mob. Scute Mob triggers from original owners mana count.

Engulfing Slagwurm is not giving it's controller life when it blocks.

Endless Ranks of the Dead is recognizing zombies in the exile zone.

Restoration Angel did not flicker Geist-Honored Monk.

Dinrova Horror is not recognizing proper owner.

Evangelize can be timed out, meaning you don't make a choice and the game won't force one on you.

Reverberating Relentless Assault only gives you one extra combat step.

Mirror Entity did not grant double strike that should have been acquired by being a Sliver.

On Steam: Eldrazi Conscription on Artisan of Kozilek should result in Art having "Annihilator 2, annihilator 2", but the defending player still only had to sacrifice 2 permanents[spoiler]

Hello, i am having problems with the leaderboard And points. 

I am playing multiplayer on free competition and since yesterday my points dos not raise at all... I played 5 games, won 4, and nothing changed.

what is happening?

i play in ipad 3, name : felipecso 2150 points 
Shouldn't the copied evangelize be countered entirely? In the example above targeted creature isn't controlled by opponent but by his team mate. 
Shouldn't the copied evangelize be countered entirely? In the example above targeted creature isn't controlled by opponent but by his team mate. 

As I see it, for either targets or modes, even if you couldn't have made choices yourself for the copies, you can always decide not to change what was chosen by the controller of the original spell. So the original Evangelize's choice of opponent stays the same even if you couldn't have chosen your own teammate.
A modal spell is Hull Breach, the rullings you are quoting don't apply here, but the principle is the same. When you Twincast Flames of the Firebrand you can't choose any number of targets, only those made by the original caster.

706.10. To copy a spell or activated ability means to put a copy of it onto the stack; a copy of a spell isn't cast and a copy of an activated ability isn't activated. A copy of a spell or ability copies both the characteristics of the spell or ability and all decisions made for it, including modes, targets, the value of X, and additional or alternative costs. (See rule 601, "Casting Spells.") Choices that are normally made on resolution are not copied. If an effect of the copy refers to objects used to pay its costs, it uses the objects used to pay the costs of the original spell or ability. A copy of a spell is owned by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell or ability is controlled by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell is itself a spell, even though it has no spell card associated with it. A copy of an ability is itself an ability.

Since the number of targets was chosen before casting the spell you cannot change that
So if Flames of the Firebrand directs all 3 damage towards one creature, a copy of it would only be able to direct all 3 damage to one creature (not necessarily the same creature) as well? Would it be legal to direct it to a player instead?
The only targeting restriction here is "target creature or player", which means you can change the target to be a player instead of a creature
Hakeem is able to beat me almost 50% of the time. Confirmed bug. 
Möbius, have you tried resetting your system and turning server driven content off? I really can't understand why this is happening to you, though I guess that's why it's a bug huh?

WotC need to patch this crap, double time.  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Möbius, have you tried resetting your system and turning server driven content off? I really can't understand why this is happening to you, though I guess that's why it's a bug huh?

WotC need to patch this crap, double time.  

What's up with the umlaut?

Show

iPhone auto correct feels that Mobius just isn't special enough, lol.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
When using {Ovinize} on a {Lord of the Unreal}, hexproof stays on the illusion creatures of that Lord's controller. Xbox 360
When using {Ovinize} on a {Lord of the Unreal}, hexproof stays on the illusion creatures of that Lord's controller. Xbox 360

Already listed as a confirmed bug.

Show

Already listed as a confirmed bug.

I see that now. The spoiler thing threw me off.