Anything happening at Gen Con?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thread title says it all. Will there be any DC games scheduled for Gen Con? Official or otherwise?
Nothing official, it seems, but ther is this:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... 
Dungeon Command is an event at GenCon. The Tournament and Open-Play event is 6pm - 10pm on Saturday night in the Boardgame hall.

gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-20...

Did anyone at Gen Con get a chance to talk to anyone from WotC about this game? I have heard zero mention on the forums, twitter or the seminars.
 /sigh

I think I will go ahead and officially give up hope now.
 /sigh

Rodney attended the GenCon DC open-play and tournament. He passed out some promos for "Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport". As I stated in my Origins report, I declined to ask him about the future of DC. I declined again at GenCon. What he knows, he is not allowed to speak about publicly. Supposedly there is an announcement at PAX this coming week, and I know 950Rav will be in attendance. Rodney, Peter, and Chris are all supportive of this game. They were gracious in their donated prizes at Origins and GenCon.

In the meantime, enjoy the five sets in the first year since its release.

My son and I both played this in a tournament style event at Gen Con Indy 2013. Rodney Thompson in fact did stop by and even gave us a few keepsakes from Lords of Waterdeep. I did hear one avid fan asking him why this game wasn't promoted more, and he replied that it was unfortunately not up to the game developers as much as the promotion company to push product support. He did say that it was one of his absolute favorite games to help create though. He loves it, and he said it made him very happy to see us all playing it. I think there were about 20 ppl playing, but like we all know...there's not a strong promo push for it. I took home a signed copy of a rule book and my son got a custom hand painted drow Mage! 

5 sets is nothing. We used to get 180 miniatures a year for skirmish- and that game puts this DC to shame.

cashtool wrote:
 /sigh

Rodney attended the GenCon DC open-play and tournament. He passed out some promos for "Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport". As I stated in my Origins report, I declined to ask him about the future of DC. I declined again at GenCon. What he knows, he is not allowed to speak about publicly. Supposedly there is an announcement at PAX this coming week, and I know 950Rav will be in attendance. Rodney, Peter, and Chris are all supportive of this game. They were gracious in their donated prizes at Origins and GenCon.

In the meantime, enjoy the five sets in the first year since its release.

Well, thanks for blowing an opportunity on asking Rodney about DC for the community. Personally, I skipped on buying the game as I knew it would be cancelled as soon as it was released. Glad your professionalism (self imposed) and vaulted standing kept you from doing what you're supposed to do at a convention- ask the designers freaking questions about their products. A+