New 4e themes coming: courtier, spy, vigilante

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just wanted to give you all a heads up that there's three new themes being released in Dragon 426. This info comes from the table of contents:

Urban Intrigue Themes

By Alexander Gersh

Adventurers born and bred in cities bring unique skills to a life of danger. We add the courtier, the spy, and the vigilante to your library of character themes.

It's something to look forward to after the drought of 4e player's material in Dragon these past few months. I would expect, however, that this material not make it into the CB for at least 4 to 5 months (if ever).
Well, it is no Arcane Power 2, but it will be nice to see something solid in return for my insider subscription.  The quality of the themes will be interesting to see.
Yeah I am excited to see them as well
Should be good as I'm interested in seeing how the Spy, Vigilante, and Courtier turn out in character building. I get the feeling that the guys in my campaign might roll out characters with one of these themes as a just in case if the dice end with one of them dead.
Honestly, at this point in time, I'm more worried that they break 4e on the way out and then don't fix it. That was a big problem with 3.5, what with all the swift action testing they did in Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium.

There are plenty of theories for them to test at the moment and that can mean really bad things for 4e. 
They've been doing a good job of putting all the crazy stuff into Unearthed Arcana so I'm not too worried, at worst they'll make a theme power that doesn't really do anything, like Xaositect.

It is nice to see some new useable player content on the way again.
Sign In to post comments