7/30/2013 SF: "I'll Cast My Commander Again"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I may be missing something, but why is the Prossh deck running Tundra...?
No mention of being able to use Chorus of the Conclave in 60-card land to pump the cost paid by any amount you so desire?

You are allowed to make the speculation in public that Naya and Bant will be getting a legend with a similar effect, right?
I may be missing something, but why is the Prossh deck running Tundra...?

That was my goof.  It should be Taiga.  Good eye!
Chorus of the Conclave

Just what I was thinking too. =)

4-colors with all that double-weight may make for a messy mana base, but that seems too awesome to pass up.

More fun stuff to use with Prossh:
Awakening Zone  Mana or pumps or huge dorks if you have an active beastmaster ascension
Barrage of Expendables/magmaw/Blood Rites/Goblin Bombardment/Blasting Station
Mana Echoes omg...just leave up an extra red and blaze someone for (at least) 36 on the spot...or just do whatever else you feel like with 36 colorless mana
Ulasht, the Hate Seed
Mycoloth or most anything else with devour
Sarkhan the Mad...those weren't kobold tokens...they were DRAGONS!

For that 60 card deck Bruce Richard posted, since you're running all those 0-cost kobold cards there's always Cloudstone Curio for the infinite storm count.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

kobolds want a wheel of fortune

dump the 6 casting cost legend
No mention of being able to use Chorus of the Conclave in 60-card land to pump the cost paid by any amount you so desire?

You are allowed to make the speculation in public that Naya and Bant will be getting a legend with a similar effect, right?

This may be true..but I think Bruce was focusing on the two legends he was given to write about. If one speculated on magic in every article, each article would be 40 pages of rambling.

Chorus of the Conclave would obviously not fit in real well in a deck with either of the legends in the article.
Sign In to post comments