7/31/2013 UR: "Zurbit's Day"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Homunculus tales: the cat videos of Dominia and every bit as cute. Nice one, Adam.
Wow this is a great one.  I dare say this is one of my favorite Uncharted Realms thus far.
Definitely made me smile. And wonder about putting together a GW Giant Cats deck: Ajani stuff, Sanctuary Cat, Enlarge etc...
This made me so happy.
This made me want to cast Enlarge on a Sanctuary Cat.
First thought upon seeing a new story today - finally some real content this week!

First thought upon finishing the story - squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
EEEEeeeeeee!!!!  So friggin cute!

"You'll know what to do, boy"

Muahahahahaha!

Vengeance for the homonculus and the kitty!

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

This made me want to cast Enlarge on a Sanctuary Cat.

Heh. Just did that. Knocked up a quick GW 'Big Cats' deck and played it against my son's 'Gruulf' deck (RG Werewolves). Cats beat Dogs 2-1, with the Sanctuary Cat / Enlarge combo in game 3. Much fun