Session 6 DM's prepping

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For DM's only - contains spoilers.

As with session 4, the Dm's notes include a number of locations not shown on a map and as we all know players love to see an old-school style hand drawn map.

Spoilers

www.dropbox.com/s/ka08l0a738q8fdi/Diamon...

As with session 4, the Dm's notes include a number of locations not shown on a map and as we all know players love to see an old-school style hand drawn map.

The link above is to my attempt, with the plaza containing Chomylla's Monument in the lower left corner and the Moon Arch leading into the larger clearing. The Ruined Portico is off to the right hand side and the Ruined Council Hall to the top of the map - I've added in another smaller ruined building to break up the large open area and also to spread the "normal" chitines out a little more, placing 2 in here. I would also put 1 or 2 in the Portico.

Reading ahead to session 7, I realise that this too has extra parts unmapped. I may whip up a sketch map for these rather than a scale map, something similar to the player maps issued on Games Day.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

This looks great Vobeskhan, I think I will use it.  

Thanks    

Your welcome Spykes

Quick question guys, this week sees us playing session 6, with session 7 being on 31st July, and session 8 on 7th August (which is the season finale) so what is meant to be running on the 14th August?

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Your welcome Spykes

Quick question guys, this week sees us playing session 6, with session 7 being on 31st July, and session 8 on 7th August (which is the season finale) so what is meant to be running on the 14th August?

I think that is meant to be a free day since Gen Con starts the following day running the Game Day scenario from Thurs - Sun. The following Wed. 21st is character creation so that should buy you some time to get the adventure in from your FLGS or Amazon. Hopefully I'll get one at Gen Con as swag.

Thanks Spykes, thought I'd cocked the sanctioning up for a moment

Depending on how the finale goes, we might stretch that over the 2 sessions.

Character creation on 21st? thought that was being done as part of the Launch Weekend event?

Hope you have a great Gen Con, very envious of anyone that can get there

Character creation on 21st? thought that was being done as part of the Launch Weekend event?

Hmmm.. you may be right. Hope I didn't give bad info there.

Hmmm.. you may be right. Hope I didn't give bad info there.

I talked to my other DM tonight and I think you are correct. Character creation is on the 14th because you would want to use those characters for the Game Day event. This means action starts right away on the 21st. You are correct, not a lot of time to prepare.