Looking to run a D&DN play by post game

I'm hoping to run a play-by-post D&D Next campaign over the coming year. I've DM'ed a number of live games and I'm about to run a D&DN conversion of the classic I6 module so I'm quite familiar with the system. I'd like to run the game on a forum where users post their actions so all members of the group can read and post. Any suggestions for which forum I should use?

FYI: For this game I'll probably set it in the Forgotten Realms, starting the characters i the Dalelands at level 3.

Thanks for the help!
I'd consider playing and www.reddit.com allows you to create a subreddit for just such a purpose. It would require players to create a reddit account though. That'd work for forums in which you want the public to view.

Otherwise cannot you not do play by post (PbP) as a simple email group?

E. Tallitnics on Google+, Roll20, and Twitter.

I might be interested, depending on the rules for character creation and such.
I might also be interested.  I'd suggest the ENWorld boards, since they've got forums for it and nice dice rollers.  But I'm biased since most of my posting happens over there.  
I would suggest against using Reddit, as the way they handle comments and threads just doesnt do a good job of supporting an RPG.

I would like to suggest rpol.net. It's an incredibly polished website designed specifically to support Play by Post gaming. You create an entire forum dedicated only to your game, and you can create various threads inside your game forum. You can create character accounts, assign them to your players, and even assign multiple character accounts to the same player. Each character profile has space for a character sheet (which can be made private or viewable by others, and you can even set it to only be editable by you). You can create multiple character accounts for yourself as well, so you can post as a specific NPC or character if you want. The game supports extensive in-post formatting (for example, I usually ask my players to put OOC information in tags.) Your game forum also has its own built-in dice roller, with an incredibly large number of dice systems available (you can select a game system from a dropdown menu, and it will automatically configure the dice to match the system). And if you don't have enough players already, you can advertise in their Players Wanted section, or check the GM's Wanted section to see if anybody's already looking for the kind of game you want to run.

It's an incredibly good site, I'd strongly suggest using it.
thetangledweb.net is another good one where you can request your own sub-forum and have a couple sub-forums under it for various uses.
I would suggest against using Reddit, as the way they handle comments and threads just doesnt do a good job of supporting an RPG.

I would like to suggest rpol.net. It's an incredibly polished website designed specifically to support Play by Post gaming. You create an entire forum dedicated only to your game, and you can create various threads inside your game forum. You can create character accounts, assign them to your players, and even assign multiple character accounts to the same player. Each character profile has space for a character sheet (which can be made private or viewable by others, and you can even set it to only be editable by you). You can create multiple character accounts for yourself as well, so you can post as a specific NPC or character if you want. The game supports extensive in-post formatting (for example, I usually ask my players to put OOC information in tags.) Your game forum also has its own built-in dice roller, with an incredibly large number of dice systems available (you can select a game system from a dropdown menu, and it will automatically configure the dice to match the system). And if you don't have enough players already, you can advertise in their Players Wanted section, or check the GM's Wanted section to see if anybody's already looking for the kind of game you want to run.

It's an incredibly good site, I'd strongly suggest using it.

Thanks for the tip on rpol.net, I've set up an account and I'm already building my threads to support my campaign. Quick question for you.... how in the hell do you get the dice roller to link to posts? Every other part of the site is working great, but I find the dice roller horribly clunky and I just can't figure out how to link it.
Quick question for you.... how in the hell do you get the dice roller to link to posts? Every other part of the site is working great, but I find the dice roller horribly clunky and I just can't figure out how to link it.

Unfortunately, there is no direct link to the dice-roller in the threads. You'll have to roll on the roller page, then just copy/paste the results to the main thread. If you want, you can make some suggestions in the meta-forums. I'm sure if enough people ask for direct roll linking, the admins will at least try to code it in.
Quick question for you.... how in the hell do you get the dice roller to link to posts? Every other part of the site is working great, but I find the dice roller horribly clunky and I just can't figure out how to link it.

Unfortunately, there is no direct link to the dice-roller in the threads. You'll have to roll on the roller page, then just copy/paste the results to the main thread. If you want, you can make some suggestions in the meta-forums. I'm sure if enough people ask for direct roll linking, the admins will at least try to code it in.

Okay, good to know. Copy and paste is fine for now, I was just busting my head trying to figure out how to link but now that I know c+p is the way to go I'm okay with that. Overall, the site is very good and I think it's exactly what I'm looking for (except for the dice roller, but I can always use an external site for that). Thanks for the tip!
If you're looking for players I'd be delighted to join.

I'm currently DMing a playtest using the Yuku software.  

Personally I've never worried about online dice rollers - I do the rolling for all players/monsters myself.  It's a chance to grab a fistfull of dice from time to time!

Let us know if/when you're recruiting.

Best regards 
Sorry, but this game is now full. If anyone is interested in being on the wait list in case anyone quits, send me a message.